Partially Completed

Attracted To You
            They all gathered together anticipating the fairy tale story unfolded by Jungkook.
“She doesn’t even make sense,” Hoseok cringed as Jungkook shared updates with the members.
            “So as we had heard and know,” Seokjin summarized, “she’s doesn’t like popular things or… people? She doesn’t dream or have passion and is quite negative?”
            “It’s not exactly like that,” Jungkook said, “she just views things differently than most people do.” 
            “Like us?” Yoongi guessed.
            “Yes like us,” Namjoon summed it up, “like how we believe we can achieve our dream but the dream she believes in isn’t just like ours…just more…negative.”
            “She needs to make up her mind,” Jimin said.
            “I’m lost talking about her,” Taehyung’s interest was running low, “Can’t catch up.”
            “I’m sure she dreams of something, but she’s just not willing to admit,” Jungkook confidently claimed.
            “Ok…we’ll let Jungkook handle his own problems,” Namjoon wrapped up the topic, “now onto the Final Game we’ll be putting on for the end-of-the-year show.”
            “I have what I want to do in mind already,” Jungkook grinned letting his imagination run wild.
           
            “Hey, have you heard about the end-of-the year show BTS’s will be putting on?” Minji asked the other three as they sat outside the school yard under the tree enjoying some fresh air.
            “Yeah…I’m expecting some great performances from them,” Chancy enthusiastically replied.
            “It’ll be good,” Soomin commented.
            “Right,” Minji immediately thought of it, “it’s almost the end of our senior year, what do you planned on doing afterward?”
            “Taking the college entrance exam?” she said unsure.
            “Can we not talk about this?” Youngni disapprovingly asked picking on the grass before her.
            The three remained silence eyeing each other.
            “What do you want to talk about then?” Minji spoke up.
            “Anything but what to do after high school,” she said.
            “You only have a year left. You should at least have a clue what you want to do by now?” Minji urged her to think a bit.
            “That’s next year,” Youngni waved off the thoughts.
            “You should at least plan what to do next year when there’s no Chancy and me,” Minji said, “we’re both graduating leaving you two. Plus, BTS’s won’t be here next year to entertain you guys.”
            “I don’t need them to entertain me,” Youngni boringly said.
            “Yeah, right. They’re the only topic we talk about beside our usual school stuffs.”
            “Our life is pretty boring then,” Soomin said.
            There comes the silence between them again.
 
            “Right…Hoseok invited me to watch him dance,” Minji remembered and waved off to the girls leaving before they could say anything.
            “When was that?” Youngni didn’t look to happy.
            “Yeah…my boyfriend said he wanted to take me out today,” Soomin nervously smiled for not telling the girl.
            “When was that?” Chancy raised her voice.
            “I’ll tell you guys later,” Soomin took off.
            “You and I,” Youngni sang.
            “I should get studying then,” Chancy said, “want to join?”
            “No.”   
            “Alright. I’ll catch up later then,” and there goes Chancy.
            “Only me now,” Youngni spoke to herself, “always me. No plan. No nothing. What a life?”
            “Want to go on a date with me then?” Youngni turned around seeing Jungkook with his hands inside his uniform pant’s pockets.
            “No.”   
            “Then have fun with me?”
            “No.”
            “I heard you wanted to go to the amusement park. So do I,” he shared, “I’ll take you.”
Youngni gave it a second thought. Jungkook knew it would work on her. She hates things related to life but whenever fun comes she would take it as an opportunity to escape life.
            “I don’t want to go with you.”
            “You don’t trust me?” he raised an eyebrow, “you think I might do something to you? Or are you scare?”
            “I’m not scare of you,” she said.
            “Prove it then,” he knew if he challenged her she would prove she would be right.
           
            That’s how she ended up on the bus with him heading to the Lotte World.
            “Sit here,” he pulled her next to him as she attempted to sit across the aisle.
            “Hey,” she immediately scooted further from him for protection.
            “I told you, you’re scare of me,” he sang happily.
            Her eyes narrowed on him as he exchanged it with a huge smile.
            At their bus stop Jungkook got up and grabbed her out, “don’t touch me.”
            “Are you a germaphobic?”
            “Just don’t touch me,” she distanced herself from him.
            She just felt really awkward when people touch her.
            As they walked down the sidewalk, Youngni looked up into the sky shielding her eyes from the sun with her hand.
            She flinched a bit when Jungkook slid his red cap on her head. She nervously looked at his face with her heartbeat increasing.
            “Use it to shield the sun,” he put his hands inside his pants pocket and looked away in embarrassment, partially smiling.
            “Cool,” she said and secretly smiled as she was enjoying the cap on her head.
           
            As soon as Youngni spotted the Lotte World in front her, her eyes gleamed as if she was in dreamland. Jungkook couldn’t contain his smile as he saw her excitement.
            “What are you waiting for? Come on,” Youngni pulled him to the entrance.
            He surprisingly stared at her. What happened to the ‘don’t touch me”?
            Jungkook quickly paid for their admission and they entered in no time.
            “This is cool,” she breathed looking at the crazy sight in front of her.
            Jungkook stared at her contact with his hand all the way from the admission door to the entrance of the bumper cars.
            “I’m going on this one first,” Youngni ran toward the line but was pulled back the contact they had.
            She balanced herself, “why did you hold my hand?”
            Jungkook couldn’t control his laughter as he burst out, “I did?” he questioned, confusing her. She felt humiliated when she realized she was the one holding onto him.
            “If you don’t remember, we shall not talk about it then,” Jungkook laughed it off and pulled her towards the line. Before she got angered for touching her, he pulled his hands away while waiting in line.
           
            After the fun afternoon, they calmed down and rested under the shade of a tree.  Youngni sat down with her palms behind her supporting her body as she leaned back.
            “Here,” Jungkook handed her an ice cream cone.
            She took a second to grab it from his hand and silently ate it. He sat beside her and ate his as he stole a few glances at her.
            Youngni heard him clear his throat a few times before asking her.
            “Are you mad at me?” he uneasily shifted his position.
            “No.”
            “You were hitting me pretty hard with the bumper car,” he recalled her serious and playful expressions during their first round of rides.
            “I just wanted to.”
He smiled. At least she was releasing some of her emotions.  “Is there a reason to it?”
            “Does there has to be a reason?”
            “You’re raising your voice. Am I making you mad now?”
            Youngni finished her last bit of the cone, “can we go home now?”
            Jungkook stood up and smiled, he wouldn’t push it.
 
            As the night approaches, they caught the last bus heading home. Youngni slid inside the bus seat first sitting by the window and Jungkook slid next to her. Instead of making a fuss, she directed her whole body and attention to the window. When it was closed to home, Youngni’s eyes surrendered and her head smacked itself against the window drawing Jungkook’s attention.
            He was displeased at the sound her head collided with the window, but was amazed that she didn’t even flinch. He nervously slid her head onto his shoulders as he stiffened.
            He took a breath to ease his anxiousness telling himself, “Jungkook, she’s asleep.”
           
            He lightly tapped her shoulder, “Youngni, we’re here.”
            She didn’t budge. He knew she was tired despite the energized attitude she showed earlier.
            He lightly patted her cheek hoping she would wake up, “Youngni. Youngni.”
            She stirred a bit as he froze. He wasn’t sure what to say to her when she was awake.
            When she woke up without opening her eyes, she was frightened knowing she was sleeping on his shoulders. She didn’t want to open her eyes because she didn’t know what to say or how to face the fact that she was claiming his shoulders since who knows when.
            “Just open your eyes,” Youngni stiffened as she heard him say.
            Jungkook chuckled when he felt her frozen up. Earlier when she was awake, he saw her fingers moving signaling her uneasiness. Her mind started to run wild.
            “Hm…what should I do?” Jungkook wondered as he looked at the top of her head, which was pointing toward him.
            Before he was able to say anything else, she lifted up her head too fast astonishing him. He became motionless as she was staring right straight at him in the eyes. She mentally cursed herself for bring such mess upon her.
            He was lost in her eyes as it was the first time she gave him the opportunity.
            “Let’s go,” he inwardly smiled.
           
            “I can go home from here,” Youngni turned and sternly said to Jungkook as they got off the bus stop.
            “But I want to accompanied you until you’re home,” he bluntly said.
            “No need to.”
            “I know you can take care of yourself. But I just want to. And I’m going to,” Youngni looked at him, clueless. She didn’t think this boy would behave so. Such a boss now.
            Besides wasting time to argue her way with him, she headed home. He was a few steps behind her and then caught up with her. Then fell a few steps behind. Then caught up with her.
            Jungkook noticed that they were approaching her house. He sighed a few times as he looked at her back. She was a queen at ignoring him, if you ever asked him about how he felt at times.
            Youngni walked straight toward her front door hoping he would just leave quietly. Her business with him was done, finished.
            “Youngni,” she scrunched up her face when he called her before she even had the chance to walk into her walkway.
            “Turn around,” he ordered.
            Youngni opened one of her eyes hugely.
            “If you don’t then I’ll walk…” she turned back to face him seeing his face quite serious—something she is not fond of.
            “What?” he could tell her attitude was out.
            “I like you.”
Both of their heart pounded against their chest for different reason, but a similar difference.
“Oh…,” she was able to say at least something in response. Youngni started nodding her head, knowing what he was saying, “ok. Bye…”
Jungkook stared at her walking away and disappearing as the door closed.
He placed his hand on his chest knowing his heart was racing. He was at least relieved that his plan was partially completed.
 
Youngni rushed to her room feeling all kinds of mixed emotions. She didn’t think she liked it much. She lifted her hand wanting to pull on her hair, but failed to noticing Jungkook’s cap was still on her head.
She took it off. With one glance at his belonging, she was able to hear his words ringing loudly in her ears again.
‘He don’t like me. He’s just confused.’ She repeated trying to convince herself.
She felt a buzzed coming from her phone. She quickly checked it ….
 
I’m not lying…by the way, I need a queen for my final dance.
-Jungkook