Episode 2: Damon Salvatore (Part 4)

The Unsub (hiatus)

Episode 2 : Damon Salvatore (part 4)

 

 

“They just found the missing girl’s body” Siwon informed the team after he got off his phone.

“Close by?” Jessica asks

Siwon shook his head “No, Georgia”

There were perplex looks on everybody’s faces. “looks like, we’re going to Georgia” Jessica added.

 

**

“Jessica and Yuri had just landed in Georgia” Siwon said “They’ll be at the hotel about 20 minutes”

SSA McCarthy nodded, whilst looking at the map in front of him. Jotting notes as both he and Siwon trying to figure out to which extent Damon would run off to.

“When I look at this reports, he went to high school in four different states.. He moved around a lot. I think we should talk to his father soon” Yoona utters, which Bumsoo agree. “Maybe he revisiting places where he feels comfortable with. I mean the latest hotel he’ve been to, he’s using his real name”

“So, if he doesn’t want us to catch him. What is he doing? Taunting us?” SSA McCarthy rubs the back of his neck.

Siwon shook his head “No. Taunting would imply that this is some sort of a game. It isn’t. He made it very clear that he has no intention of going back to his life as it was. This is a one way trip.”

Bumsoo added “This DNA proves that he’s the offender, no point of covering his track now. That would only slow him down. If he want us to catch him, he would simply stop running. But that’s not likely. He has 400 grand in cash”

“With that type of money, he can charter an airplane, buy a ticket virtually to any places in the world. I don’t think he’s hiding. He’s hunting. I think we should inform the Canadian and Mexican boarders. He might want to fled the country” Yoona utters

 

[ATLANTA, GEORGIA]

 

The forensics were busy looking through the room as they trying to gather any new evidence that they can use when Jessica and Yuri walk in.

“Wow, Damon really splurges on hotel room doesn’t he?” Jessica mutters as she was immediately taken aback about how gorgeous and expensive looking the room was.

Yuri nodded “yah, great guy. He offers you nice warm robe before he drowns them” voice filled witch sarcasm.

Jessica opens the closet, rummaging through stuff “He spent a lot of time with Nicole Wagner. Pick her up in Tampa and drove all the way to Georgia. But unlike his other victims, there’s no relationship that can link her to him”

“Random victim, had a whole life ahead of her, she was beautiful” Yuri look at the Nicole Wagner’s picture in Jessica’s hand. “She is also a stranger. Means that he has to lure her somehow”

Jessica look around the room’s floor, as she noticed there was a black paper in between the table and the closet. She pick it up, scrutinizing the writing on the card and sighs lightly. “Damon Salvatore, photographer” passing the card to Yuri.

“So what if he prey this women’s vanity? He’s a photographer and he offers them a professional modelling career” Yuri said

Jessica nodded “he has a legitimate website, portfolio and the right credentials. Why shouldn’t she trust him?” Taking the card back from Yuri and put them in an evidence bag.

“Just a matter of time he’s going to find another victim” Yuri mutters before exiting the room.

 

Meanwhile in an airport parking lot…

 

There was a steely blue eye man stealing glances at passersby. He tuck his trench coat and fix his hat while dragging his carry on slowly. From the outside he looks like a pilot just got of his working hours. Perfect disguise. 

There was a blonde lady heading towards her car. She was attractive. Very attractive. He stop and look at her from a safe distance as she opens up the booth of her car, trying to put in her duffel bag. The man was very tempted. He can feel his adrenaline rushing in.  As he was about try make a move towards the blonde woman, he can hear footsteps and voices walking towards their direction. His heart pounded rapidly. He bit his lower lip. Not wanting to get caught by others, he proceed on walking leaving his potential victim.

 

[Back to the base]

 

“Siwon” Siwon utters as he click the green icon on his phone. 

The sound of keyboard taping on the other side of the line immediately perks his interest.

“Who is your daddy?” Eunjung grins from side to side whilst looking at her monitor. Tapping all the information that she has gotten for a few minutes ago.

Siwon kink an eyebrow “I’m sorry?”

Eunjung laugh. Her boss is not one of a er. “This one is definitely not one of the easiest one that I dug. Seriously, she covered her track well.”

“Do you have the right number?” Siwon asks with his famous straight face on.

Eunjung smug, although she knows that her boss couldn’t possibly see her face “Are you looking for Damon Salvatore’s ex wife?”

“You found her?”

“Yah, still in the Sunshine state. She settles down in Bradenton. You should pick her up” Eunjung spoke. Before she could boss more, Siwon hang up the call.

Eunjung kink an eyebrow. “Seriously, this dude need to get laid. Like forreal” mutters under her breath. “Wonder how long has been the last time his wife and him had ? Probably veryyyyyy long” She chuckles and paused.

“Fck it, I need a goddamn laid” Eunjung sighs

 

[Temporary Base]

The red haired lady sits still, with her hand on her knees. Her hand was visibly shaking. Siwon come up to her, with a coffee in his hand. She offered the lady as she thank his generosity.

“I’m still in shock” she mutters.

“It’s understandable” Siwon says shortly

“I’m very surprise that you managed to found me” she added, looking at the Asian guy that introduced himself as Agent Choi Siwon. “I paid a lot to have my past erased”

“You’re saying, you’re not surprise that Damon is a serial killer?”

The red hair lady took a sip of the coffee, calming her nerves. “I knew something was wrong. Thats why we’re only married for three weeks.”

Siwon look at the woman “have you been hiding because you were afraid that he might come looking after you?”

“He stalked me for a few years after the annulment.” She paused “I had to disappear if I wanted to survive”

“I know it was a long time ago, but.. What was life with him like?” Siwon asks

“Terrible. He was controlling. Didn’t trust me, insisted that I was cheating on him with anyone… with everyone. I couldn’t even leave the house” she utters exasperatedly.

Siwon nodded “I’m sorry that we drag you into this, but you definitely help us understand him. He dated his first victim and she cheated on him, that may lead to him started the killing”

The ex wife shook her head in disbelief. 

 

 

 

[Salvatore’s Household, SARASOTA]

 

“I still cant understand how my son could be responsible for this?” the grey haired guy pace in front of the two agents whose sitting on the couch.

“Your son is a narcissist with split personality. He’s able to gain his victim’s trust before inflicting pain upon them this most likely derived from an incredible amount of self-awareness. Damon mastered the art of manipulation, and he’s only allow you to see his good sides” Yoona explains

Mr. Salvatore looks at the younger woman in front of him with such disbelief look on his face, as if Yoona has grown a third head.  He shook his head “This is a nightmare”

Bumsoo who has been keeping his mouth shut since they arrived utters “Why don’t you sit down Mr Salvatore”

The man look at both of the Agents and sighs heavily. Soon after following what he has been told.

Bumsoo look at the man “You moved around a lot when Damon was growing up?”

“Damon never complain” pause “I guess because he was always good in making friends. He, he fit in wherever we went”

“We know that he’s been to Georgia, do you know anywhere else he might go? His favourite places? Places that he loves to visit? Any place he call home?” Bumsoo asks

“We’ve here the longest, so, we considered Florida home”

Bumsoo nodded. Then he starts noticing something odd with the house. He look around and notices a bunch of pictures on the tables. There were series of pictures of Damon and his dad. There was Damon riding a horse, Damon and dad on a boat with fishing gear in their hand, Damon played in a park… Bumsoo turn to look at Mr Salvatore.

“Damon’s mother isn’t in any of these photos” he utters directly.

 Mr Salvatore was slightly taken aback. He sighs lightly. “Elizabeth died in a car accident”

Bumsoo paused. “I’m sorry”

Yoona who has been quiet throughout the conversation decided to chirp in “How old was Damon when that happened?”

“10”

“Were they close?” she added

Slightly offended by the question, Mr Salvatore raises his voice a little “She was his mother”

Ignoring the intonation, Yoona starts going on with her thought “Typically when a child losses his mother, he sees her as a victim. Which theoretically, he wants to protect women. More likely to lash out against the father, blaming men, but Damon didn’t do that. Is it because you and Damon were close?”

“yes” Mr Salvatore sounded annoyed

 

“Any reason he would’ve blame his mother for her death, drink and drive or sleeping behind the wheel….”

“Nooo, noo” Mr Salvatore utters, cutting off Yoona whos still talking “Its nothing like that”

“Maybe he blames her because he think she abandoned him?” Yonna added, looking at Bumsoo

“Loss of a female figure could explain peeping tom and, adolescence..” Bumsoo said

That receives a chuckles from Mr Salvatore “Are you telling me that, young boys aren’t curious?”

“yes they are curious, but not all would peek out of windows “ pause “What about the statutory charge?” Bumsoo asks.

“Oh… naw,,, Damon was just turned 18. His girlfriend was 15. They were kids for God sake. It was her parents that press charges” he defended his son.

Bumsoo look at the man intently “Does Damon ever have to take responsibility for anything?”

Mr Salvatore lunge forward a little “What are you trying to say? Being a protective parent has turned my child into a killer??”

“All I’m saying is you’re making excuses that doesn’t do him any favours”

Mr Salvatore was flabbergasted. He was taken aback by such comment from the agent and left him renders speechless.  

 

[Meanwhile in another Hotel room]

 

The same man who’s at the airport circling a woman with long brown haired tied on a chair. She was unconscious. That was understatement.

Damon has his fingers sipping through her tresses, pulling it back witch such venom, sniffing them, while locking his eyes on the woman. “you’re going to be okay” he whispers.

He untie the woman from the chair and starts carrying her and laid her on the bed. He left the room for a bit, and return with a cup of water in his hand. He kneels down. Tracing the woman’s lips with her fingers and as well as her neck before he starts pouring her face with the cup of water.

The woman woke up almost immediately. She was gasping heavily, evidently trying to make sense of whats happening around her. Damon chuckles lightly. “Wake up” he utters, sprinkling the water on the latter’s face.

The latter cough lightly as Damon starts to pick her up again bridal style as he walk towards the bathroom.

The sound of the tap water can be heard as it starts to fill in the cold white marble tub.

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s note:

Welllllll that was … that XDDDDDDDDD I am terribly sorry for the extremely late update. I was busy with my work. Being a teacher is no joke!!! Theres so many things that I need to do each and every day. Oh god. And I went off to Singapore for the holidays, which obviously, I didn’t bring my laptop with me.  Marinabay Sands was delightful! USS was fun!! And last but not least, Gardens by the bay was exceptionally beautiful! My girlfriend and I had so much fun there :DDDD more like Gardens for your Bae, if you know what I meant. Hahaha So as per usual, drop comments, criticism or whatnot!!!

 

Ciao!! Until next timeJ