Episode : Sarah Jean Dawes Finale

The Unsub (hiatus)

**

“What do you got?”

Siwon sighs lightly I got Aces and 8 two pairs” putting down his cards

With the creepy smirk on his face Jacob shows Siwon his sets of cards “Straight for the Jack”. He wets his lower lips, while eyeing Seohyun “You lose”. Silence fall upon them for a few second before Siwon touches his card “Oh, sorry. Full house” Revealing the hidden ace.

With that Jacob leans back, sighing dramatically “Man! Would’ve been soo nice”. Eyeing the lanky woman once more before turning to face Siwon “and to answer your question. There aren’t any other bodies”

Siwon then look at Seohyun as both of them got up from their seat. Siwon touches his earpiece, signalling that there some information were heard “ Seo, hmm..” he mutters under his breathe. Still realizing that Jacob still has his eyes on him. “The governor just granted halt on the execution on Sarah Jean..”

“What?!” They can’t do that” Jacob raises his voice.

“They don’t believe she killed you son” Siwon added.

“She killed him. I know exactly where he was buried”

**

Jessica, Yuri and an officer was standing under a Gazebo built by Jacob. The officer is holding a device that attach to a small monitor that can help them detect any traces of human being under the ground.

While Yuri and Jessica were talking, the monitor beeps profusely “Hey, we got something here”

**

TUESDAY, 1PM

8 hours remaining,

 

Eunjung puts on her black frame glasses as she realized that she receives the autopsy report on the bones that Yuri and Jessica found the night before.

They fixes their gaze on Eunjung’s monitor. There’s a picture of a girl shown.

“That’s not Riley Dawes” Eunjung mutters “It’s Ashley Farley, she was 14 when she was killed”

Yoona who’s standing behind Eunjung shook her head “Why would Jacob gives us another victim? This is completely goes against his need, power, manipulation and control”

Bumsoo nodded “Sarah Jean is the payoff. She’s his last victim and his ultimate control before his execution”

“Boss, check this out” Eunjung point to her monitor “Guess who’s The Farley’s house keeper”

Bumsoo storms out of the room and walk towards Sarah’s cell. Upon arrival, she saw him and mutter “My last supper”

“May I sit down?”

The moment he sits on the white sheet bed, he look into her eyes “Ashley Farley, you clean her parent’s house. Remember? We found her remains underneath a Gazebo at another house that Jacob renovated”

Sarah Jean was in total shock, her face shows how much she has no idea about Ashley Farley and how she is connected to Jacob.” That bastard…”

“How old is Riley in the painting? 10? Maybe more?” Bumsoo stops and stare at the poor lady in front of him “Is that how you see him or how he is?”   

 Unknowingly, a drop of tears runs down her cheeks as she stares back at Bumsoo “I only have a few hours left. I respectfully ask you to leave now”

“Where is he? Where is Riley?”

When Bumsoo steps out from the cell, he turns to look at Sarah Jean once more. There was soo much sadness and soo much love that he can feel. But why? He was adamant to prove to everyone that Sarah Jean is innocent and he will use all his will power to save the weary lady in front of him.

**

“Eunjung, pull up the interview with Sarah Jean” Bumsoo orders

“Exodus 2;3”

“Moses?” Yoona chirps in

“Hebrew son were supposed to be drowned. Moses mother send him down with a basket”

Eunjung plays the clip whereby Bumsoo asked Sarah where his son was, and Sarah replied he was in a better place. The three of them watch the monitor intently.

Bumsoo then look at Seohyun who’s standing right behind the monitor “Jacob didn’t bury Riley anywhere. Because Sarah Jean has already taken care of him”

“So she did killed him” Seohyun utters

“No no” Yoona shook her head “She sent him somewhere she believe to be safe”

Eunjung who has hanging by the sudden revelation, starts tapping her keyboards “He’s alive?” He took the time to edit Riley’s picture while Bumsoo look at the ticking clock “We’re running out of time. This is the proof that we need to save Sarah Jean”.

**

2 Hours remaining and the officers now busy preparing the electric chair in the execution chamber. The African American man look at the clock and was silently hoping for miracle to happen.

Both Bumsoo and Eunjung eyed the monitor, looking through all sorts of information “Eunjung, pull back information from police and Hospitals going back to September 1999”

“You know you should check local newspaper report regarding abandon babies” Yoona added “She only have maximum of three hours before Police visits, it was 4 pm and the traffic is probably pretty heavy. Whatever she did to Riley, it had to be local.

“3 babies were abandoned in September” Eunjung taps her laptop

“3 year old boy?” Bumsoo asks

“. None” Eunjung sight frustratingly

“Why doesn’t she just tell us where Riley is?” Yoona untters

“She’ll protect him as long as Jacob is still alive” Bumsoo said

“Look, they will be executed within an hour between each other. We hope that we can find him in times” Seohyun chirps in.

 

**

[Courtyard]

With a smile on her face, Sarah Jean steps her feet on the courtyard. She tilts her head. Looking at the sky.

The African American Man, who’s known as Chaplin, trails her from behind. With a heavy heart he look at the woman’s demeanour. He felt sorry for the lady but unfortunately there is nothing he can do about it.

Sarah Jean turns her head, looking back at Chaplin. She has her genuine smile on her face. A smile that breaks Chaplin’s heart once again.

“I thought this is against regulation?”

He forms a small smile of his own “Well, don’t tell anybody”

Both of them walk side by side “It’s cold” Sarah mutters under her breathe.

Chaplin look at an officer then ask him to give him the jacket to Sarah which she immediately decline. "No it's fine really. You know… it makes me feel alive”

Sarah Jean walks to the centre of the courtyard while looking at the moon in the sky. The smile never leaves her face, which makes Chaplin even more dishearten by the whole situation.

“How are your sons warden?” She asks Chaplin

Chaplin nodded “They’re good. Derek had just graduated”

Sarah smiles “Do you ever told them about the man in the moon?”  

Chaplin gives a small smile “Sure”

She continues with a broken smile on her face “I used to tell Riley, no matter where we were, the man in the moon will be looking down on both of us”

After a few minutes, Chaplin look at his watch “We should get back”

“Sarah…

 Is there something that you know that can save you...” before he could continue, she cuts him off “Thank you Warden. This has been wonderful. Your kindness to me, so I thank you” with that she walks off. Chaplin sighs in defeat. He does not understand Sarah Jean at all. She knows that everyone is trying their best to save her, but she was adamant to go with the execution. 

 

Meanwhile in Sarah Jean’s cell, Bumsoo rummages her belonging, looking for any trace of evidence or proof that could lead him to the existence of Riley. Then, Bumsoo stops. Turns his head to look at the painting once more. He took it from the wall, and flip it, just to realize there was a brown paper on the back of the painting. He rips them open, and he saw a newspaper cut out of a picture of a boy and a cello.

**

Eunjung puts the recent picture side by side “That’s Riley. That’s her son…. Isn’t?... someone please tell me that’s him”

“Seohyun, circulate this photo to the press” Siwon order “See if anybody recognizes this boy”

The sound of the sudden beep from the monitor attracts the team’s attention.

“What does that mean?” Seohyun asks

“That means, Jacob is being move to the execution chamber” Yoona explains

Through the monitor, they can see that Jacob’s cell is open. He turns to look at the CCTV. “Sarah Jean!! I will be waiting for you!!”

Chaplin shook his head “Jacob, you should make peace with God”

Jacob smirks, and eyed Siwon who is walking towards him “I have made peace 18 times. And each times, it was prettier than the others”

The warden sighs heavily “Take him down”

Siwon look at Chaplin “He just confessed on killing four more girls”

Chaplin shook his head “There is nothing I can do”

 

**

            As the officer cuts her hair, she has her painting in her hand. She look at it intensely, with crystal glistens in her eyes and a smile that never falters from her face. She heard Jacob’s voice calling for her. She pause momentarily, and continues on staring at the painting. Then, she flips the painting. She was in shock as she realizes that the brown paper was not in place anymore. “Oh no” she mutters under her breathe.

 

**

             At the execution chamber, Jacobs sits proudly on the electric chair while letting the officers straps him down, and put a black cloth on top of his head. The curtain in front of him opens, and he was welcomed by the sights of a group of jury and a priest who seems to be busy reciting something from the bible.

The warden come up to him with a mic on his hand. “Any last words?”

He smiles one last time “Bring it on”

Before the officer put down the cloth to cover his face, Siwon barge into the other room and smack a picture of a boy on the mirror between them. “Riley” he utters “you lose”

Jacob face twitches as he screams right before they pull the plug.

**

[Sarah’s cell]

Bumsoo hands Sarah back the picture of Riley that he took “Jacob is gone” he said “He is no longer any threat to Riley”

Sarah smiles looking at the picture “Please tell me where he is” Bumsoo pleads “we can stop this madness”

Instead of answering him, Sarah continues on smiling “There is no greatest gift in life like being a parent”

“Please Sarah, you can be free now”

The woman shook her head “I’ve made that decision 15 years ago. This has never been about Jacob. It’s always been about Riley”

“That’s why I can’t let you do this”

“This isn’t about you and me” she added

“I know it isn’t” Bumsoo continues, “That’s why I would never let Riley lose the greatest gift that he never knew he had”

“But that’s my gift to him” Sarah murmurs “and I will not let you destroy that”

            The team gather around Eunjung who’s busy tapping on her computer. Since Sarah Jean is known to work as a housekeeper for wealthy family at the Hamptons’, they managed to narrow it down to few families who had the potentials of adopting Riley.

“God, we’ve got a match on the Photo, Sheffield’s residence at Keystone Height”

Bumsoo and Siwon storms out of the room

“Call Jessica and Yuri, tell them to go to the Sheffield’s residence now!”

Eunjung and Yoona look at the monitor

“Byron Sheffield, local cello prodigy, seventeen year old Byron Sheffield won a scholarship to play cello” Eunjung murmurs with a smile on her face.

**

Jessica who has just receives a call from Seohyun, immediately buckle up in her seat “How many miles to Keystone Height?”

Yuri scowl “many many miles”

“, we will never going to make it” She curse

“Not when you keep running your mouth” with that she receives a deadly glare from Jessica “fck off Yuri, you better buckle up now”

**

 “We have proof that Riley is alive. We found him” Bumsoo halts the warden from going to the execution chamber.

Sarah ignores the remarks “My son is dead agent Bumsoo”

“My team is on their way to pick up her son”

“Why can’t you just accept the truth?” replying to the remarks while having her back on Bumsoo and Siwon

“I can’t” he raise his voice “This is not the end”

 Upon their arrival at the chamber’s door, Chaplin look at Bumsoo “I am truly sorry” then he walks into the room, not before asking the officers to wait before entering the room.

With tears in her eyes, Sarah jean walks to Bumsoo “What wouldn’t you do for your son to give him the life that you could never hope of dream of?”

“I am at the peace of the knowledge, my son is freely to choose whoever he wishes to be”

Bumsoo with his teary eyes looking back at the woman “If he knew who you were… do you think he would choose to allow you to walk in there?”

“If he knew who their parents were, can you imagine how damaged my legacy would leave him?”

Bumsoo shook his head “Can you imagine how he would feel,  knowing that his mother spent 15years on death row, innocent of all charges, just so he can be free of her?”

“Not me… Jacob. It isn’t only my life in your hand. It’s Riley’s life too” she pause. Her face was in crimson read. Crystal clear was evident and threatening to fall from her eyes “You have the chance to save my son’s life” she pleads to the older agent.

“How about your life?” Bumsoo asks

She shook her head in defeat “My life ended the day I met Jacob”

 

**

Black SUV pulls over in front of the Sheffield’s Mansion. Jessica and Yuri runs towards the door and starts pounding on the door. There was no respond and suddenly there was a car pulled over behind their. A sleek looking man walks towards them.

“Is there something wrong, who are you people. What are you doing in front of my house?”

“I’m agent Yuri and this is Agent Jessica. We’re here because of your son”

While Yuri’s talking to the man, Jessica took out her phone and call Siwon immediately.

“Hey Siwon, we’ve got him. What do we do now?”

Meanwhile on the other receiving hand, Siwon asks Bumsoo, who’s still looking at Sarah Jean

“I understand that you would never understand choices that I have made” she pause once more “Don’t let my son be Jacob’s last victim”

“Please let me go” she pleads one last time “let us both go”

Bumsoo falls into silence before he gives Sarah Jean a tight hug. The rest of the people around stares at them, whilst Yuri and Jessica’s still waiting for the next instruction.

Still looking straight at the woman, Bumsoo utters “tell Yuri, that it’s not her son” with that the familiar warms smile carved on Sarah’s face. ‘Tell her that, we’ve made a mistake”

On the other side, Jessica calls out Yuri and inform her about the situation. Mr Sheffield look at both agents anxiously. Yuri then come up to him and apologizes for the misunderstanding that they had caused. From both parties, they acknowledge as to why Yuri and Jessica were there, and the Sheffield are grateful that the agents decided not to reveal anything about their son.

“Agent… thank you” Mr Sheffield murmurs

Yuri nodded her head and went straight to their car.

**

Bumsoo takes a step back. Sarah is glowing. She couldn’t stop smiling. Bumsoo still feels like this is unfair and he needed to do something, but the smile. The look of pure happiness on Sarah’s face. He couldn’t take it away from her. He just couldn’t

Sarah gives her one last smile before entering the chamber, but then she stops, and turn to face Bumsoo “Would it be too much to ask if your face is the last face I want to see?”

Bumsoo’s render in speechless. He couldn’t get any words out from his mouth. He walk into another room and sit exactly right in front of Sarah Jean’s chair with the mirror between them.

In front of him was a woman who is brave, strong and loving. The woman who fought the world just to let her son to live freely. One of the very few women he adores in his life from now on. Before they pull the plug, both of them smile at each other.

 

Present times

When the music stops, the sounds of people clapping echoes in the hall. There were soo much joy and pride surge inside of Bumsoo. Sarah Jean was right, this is what Riley deserves in life. Everything that Sarah Jean had sacrifice was all worth it, even if it cost her, her life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

P/S : Never proofread hence..... well you guys can see in every inch of my fics hahaha drop le comments please.