-five-

Are We Married Or Not?

Over the table, Joy fidgeted in the oppressive, humid heat of Singapore, dressed in a pale yellow sundress and fanning at her face.

'Why is it so hot...' She grumbled, reaching for her glass of iced lemon tea.

'Its Singapore, its supposed to be very very hot.' Sungjae sipped at his glass of pink milk drink, complete with tapioca pearls sitting at the bottom of the glass.

'But not this hot.' Joy pressed the back of her hand against her head, sighing and slumping against the back of her seat.

'Well, we're here.' Sungjae looked about, wrinkling his nose at the myriad smells wafting about in the hawker centre, looking about.

'I wish we stayed in the dome.' Joy reached across the table to grab the glass Sungjae was holding to examine the contents, scowling.

'What is this supposed to be..?'

'Bandung. Rose flavoured drink with milk. And tapioca balls. You want to try it?' Sungjae reached out to get his drink back, laughing.

'No thanks..' Joy handed the drink back with a noise of disgust.

'About the staying in the dome..' Sungjae stirred his drink and mumbled.

'What about it?' Joy returned to her drink, sipping at it quietly.

'We could ask the producers....'

'It was a dumb idea, ignore that.' Sungjae winced at how Joy answered, her answer clipped and angry sounding.

'Are you sure...?' Sungjae tried again, putting his drink down and looking over to his 'wife'

'No, nonono. No tents.' 

'It doesn't have to be a tent..?'

'Huh? We're not going to waste the producer's time.... don't be dumb, please, Sungjae.'

'Ah...'

'What?'

'You called me Sungjae.' Sungjae smiled widely, prompting a scowl from Joy.

'I guess I did.... stupid.' She turned away, stirring angrying at her drink.

'Why won't you call me Sungjae again?'

'No.'

'Whyyyyy' Sungjae whined and attempted a little aegyo, puffing out his cheeks.

'Shut up stupid.'

'I'm not stupid, I'm Sung-'

'Stupid.' Joy reached across the table again and hit him on the head with her knuckle, hard.

'You look ugly when you try to look cute.'

'No way, the fans love me when I- ow.' Sungjae rubbed at the part of his head where Joy had hit him.

'Shh.' Joy smirked, pretending to look concerned.

'That hurt.'

'Well then, love hurts.' Joy giggled and reached to rub Sungjae on the head.

'Sorry.'

'Yeah. You should be.' Sungjae scowled and turned away from Joy.

------------------------------------------------------------

Joy wandered around in the hotel room, flopping onto the king-size bed and whining.

'I want to goooooooo ooooooouuuuutttt.'

'You'll just go get drunk again, so no, no going out.'

'Argh. You're horrible.' Joy watched Sungjae take off his shirt, blinking rapidly before looking away.

'What..?'

'Change in the bathroom.'

'Nope.' Joy turned over and whined, stuffing her face into a pillow.

---

Trying. Trying.