-four-

Are We Married Or Not?

You could take a little trip in Singapore town, in Singapore City Bus.

To see Collyer Quay and Raffles Place,

The Esplanade, and all of us.

---

'Where do you want to go today, Park?'

'A... park would be nice.'

'......Really?'

'What?' Sooyoung looked up from her plate, a streak of tomato juice on her cheek from the grilled tomato on her plate.

'We came all the way to Singapore and all you want to go to is a park? Also, clean your face, you're eating like a cat.' Sungjae reached across the table with a napkin, swiping across her cheek quickly to wipe off the juice. Her cheek was still red after he carefully wiped off all of the tomato.

'Well.. can we find a nice park? Something... special?' Sooyoung blinked rapidly, before looking at down at her food and eating, keeping her eyes from looking up at Sungjae.

'I'll go ask the receptionist, I guess. I'm done with my food anyway.' Sungjae stood up, looking around the breakfast hall before locating the exit, waving at Sooyoung before heading off in that direction.

'He could have asked me to go with him' Sooyoung muttered, her knife coming down savagely onto a slice of bacon, the crisp strip of fat crumbling.

'Oops.'

---

'Gardens by the Bay... but where's the bay?'

'My god, Park. Its not like you're going to see the bay...'

'Well, its called Gardens by the Bay for a reason, isn't it?'

'Point taken, but take a look, then comment, okay? I heard they brought in chrysanthemum flowers this month. That's what the lady at the hotel reception told me.'

The pair had walked along the linkway from the hotel to what was called Gardens by the Bay.

Sungjae walked up to a counter, using his limited English to get a pair of tickets before going back to Sooyoung.

'To the two big dome things.'

'Which one should we go to first?'

'Its up to you, Park.' Sungjae shrugged and spun in a circle, looking at his surroundings.

'That one.' Sooyoung pointed to the more colourful of the domes. 

'Fine.'

---

'Okay, its pretty.' Sooyoung was mesmerised with the Flower Dome, the entire structure just a massive air-conditioned greenhouse, artfully designed to accomodate all multitude of flowering plants from around the globe. This Christmas season, the Flower Dome was near coated with chrysanthemum flowers, a riot of bright colours everywhere.

'Um, understatement.' Sungjae had his phone out, snapping photos every which way while Sooyoung just wandered along the winding paths, just staring at the sheer beauty of the entire place. Sungjae watched her for a long while, his phone already aimed in her direction and snapping away.

'What are you doing?' Sooyoung stopped midturn, catching sight of the phone aimed in her direction.

'Taking photos?'

'Take one with me.'

'.... Fine. Come over here.' Sungjae motioned her over, standing right behind a wall of chrysanthemums, Sooyoung grabbing his shoulders and smiling brightly.

'Three, two, one...' Sungjae mumbled between his teeth as he took the photo, checking it quickly and hiding it from Sooyoung's eyes.

'Eh.. why?' Sooyoung stared and tried to get a look at the photo, her hands grabbing at the phone.

'No~ Later.' Sungjae snickered, the phone already securely placed in his pocket.

'If its ugly I'm going to kill you.'

'Yes, Park, we know.' Blinking rapidly, Sungjae thought for a moment before starting to laugh, almost for no reason at all.

'What's so funny?'

'Park in a park.'

'Oh, shut up.'

'What, its just a joke- ow.' Sungjae rubbed his arm where Sooyoung had smacked him.

'Can't we just act like a couple?'

'Act?'

'Um, yes.'

'Are we not one..?'

'Do you want to get hit again?'

'Fine, fine, come over and we can act all couple-ly.' Sungjae offered his arm to Sooyoung, his lips curved up in a thin smile. Sooyoung hooked her arm round his, letting out a short laugh.

'What?'

'I'm not Park anymore.'

'What?'

'I'm Yook.'

'What?'

'God, are you stupid. Go figure it out yourself.' Sooyoung started walking down the path faster, nearly dragging Sungjae along with her.

'Slow down, Park.'

'Ugh....' Sooyoung slowed to a more sedate pace, pointing at the other dome, visible through the glass.

'Can we go there later, please?'

'Sure.'

 

----------

 

Its been a while, folks.