Joshua (Jisoo)

Seventeen Shots

two.

 

Small drops of rain dropped down as the sky grew darker.

It was almost 4 in the afternoon. Most students were either at home, or at extra classes.

But Joshua had just stepped out of school, with an umbrella in hand.

Just as he was about to open his umbrella. A girl had rushed by, with her bag on top of her head to block the rain. The girl accidentally crashed into Joshua. He didn't fall, he wasn't hurt, but something about the girl made him turn his head.

She looked up. And Joshua was stunned and surprised for a second.

Her brown eyes were full of tears. Her cheeks were flushed red and her nose was runny.

"I'm so sorry." her voice broke a little.

Joshua closed his umbrella. Just as the girl was about to run further into the school hallway, Joshua held onto her wrist.

WHAT THE HELL HONG JISOO WHAT ARE YOU DOING a little voice rang in his mind as he panicked a little.

The girl looked up at him with shocked and careful eyes.

"I'll walk you to the bus stop? I have an umbrella with me."

Yes. The bus stop. Now he remembered.

 No wonder this girl seemed a little familiar. They always took the same bus to school. She was always on the right side of the bus, looking out the window, with earphones on. The girl was a kind person, in Joshua's little 'Book of People' that he kept in his mind. Because once, he had left his wallet at home, this girl had reached her hand out from behind, telling the bus driver that she'll pay for him. Joshua sat beside her in the bus that day, but they didn't say anything to each other throughout the whole trip to school.

The girl turned to him and wiped her tears. "Okay." she said.

 

 

Both of them walked side by side, neither of them spoke. Joshua gripped his umbrella tighter, he broke the ice first.

"So, do you want to talk about it?" he asked. He was never a nosy person, but he was worried about this girl. It's not like it's only about her right? Joshua Hong is always this caring. He told himself.

The girl stayed silent.

"I-it's fine i-if you don't want to."

"I confessed to a guy." She said. "He rejected me. A bit rudely though. Haha" she let out a pitiful laugh.

This time, Joshua was the one who was on mute. He didn't know what to say.

"But maybe he's been a jerk all this time. And I didn't know." the girl continued in a soft voice.

They got on the bus. Joshua offered to pay she shook her head and took out her own wallet.

They sat next to each other, but this time they were talking.

"You know I never got to thank you." Joshua said, drifting away from her sad topic.

"Thank me for?"

"That time, when I forgot my wallet. Do you remember? You paid my share that day." Joshua scratched the back of his head shyly.

"Of course I remember. You looked so confused and cute when you were literally flipping your whole backpack. " cheerful laughter could be heard from the girl as Joshua grew a bit red.

"I know right? I was so panicked." Joshua chuckled.

After a long hearty chat about favorite music and other non-important stuff, they had arrived at their stop.

They got down together. They were going opposite directions from here.

Joshua was about to say goodbye but the girl had spoke up.

"Thanks for today."

Joshua gave her a warm smile.

He plucked up droplets of bravery as he stood closer to her.

He patted her head. "Make sure not to cry about people who aren't worth crying for anymore."

The girl's face turned tomato red."Thanks......." the girl wanted to say his name, but she totally forgot to ask him about it.

"Joshua." he said, as if he could read her mind.

"Joshua." she repeated timidly with a smile that melted his heart.

" See you on the bus tomorrow." Joshua laughed as he waved to the girl. The girl waved back.

He ran home that day. Not because of the rain. But because he wanted to distract himself from his beating heart.

 


[A/N] FORGIVE ME. IDEK WHAT I'M WRITING OH MY GOD.