S.Coups (Seungcheol)

Seventeen Shots

three.

 

Seungcheol dribbled the ball across the court, he zoomed past the court, got into a jump, and shot the orange ball up into the air, aiming it at the small box on the board. The ball rebounded and spun along the hoop several times, before dropping into the net. 

 

"He shoots! He scores!!!" Seungcheol cheered to himself as he broke into a congratulatory run for himself. Here he was, on a Tuesday afternoon, alone, playing basketball. His friends had ditched him for fried chicken, Seokmin had riled up the boys, bragging about how he got a girlfriend before anyone else and therefore leading to a chicken party where he had to pay. Honestly, he couldn't believe it. Fried chicken was more important than him? Unbelievable.

 

His basketball, which had been long forgotten in the midst of the sad remembrance of his ungrateful buddies, suddenly hit the back of his head. 

 

"Ouch!" He winced in pain and turned around, about to tackle the person who hit his head with his ball. How could they!!!!!

 

But he saw you standing a distance, with a devilish smile on your face. "What the hell Choi-boy, playing basketball on your own and cheering for yourself? Are you serious?" She broke out into a laugh.

 

Choi-boy. That was how you would call him. It was weird, how it sounded absolutely ridiculous when he first heard that nickname. His friends thought it was really funny too, they would always break into fits of laughter whenever that name was called. But he got used to it, anyone else who used it would usually get a punch into the stomach, but if it was you, it was okay.

 

"What, can't I just spend some time sulking alone because of my comrades have all abandoned me for fried chicken?" He held onto his ball and put his hands on his hips, in a joking manner.

 

"Pfft," a small chuckle came out of the girl. "It's late, don't you want to get home?" You nudged your head towards the school doors, grabbing your backpack by its strands again.

 

A smile lit up on Seungcheol's face. "Let's go."

 

The walk home was silent, with the occasional kick of a stone from Seungcheol's side. They took a detour, towards a street food booth. The old grandpa there sells amazing rice cakes, he remembered you saying. He stood by the side, watching as you laughed about an old childhood memory you had with the grandpa, his breath hitched, because he suddenly caught himself smiling, thinking about how kind you looked, with those eyes that would close a little as you smiled, or how your nose would crunch up when you laughed. Get a grip bro, get a grip, he shook himself.

 

A paper cup filled with rice cakes was shoved right before him. "What? I'm just being kind because you seemed sad no one invited you for fried chicken."

 

Stop being so kind! I'm gonna lose it! "W-What? You've got this all wrong young lady. I declined their kind offer." Seungcheol stated with a smug look on his face.

 

"Whatever you say, Choi-boy" the girl rolled her eyes, with a ghost of a smile on her face.

 

The walk was silent again, they finished their rice cakes and threw the cups into a bin. They reached a split road, where they would always say their goodbyes and split up. The mood around them was calm, but Seungcheol felt a bit bummed, sad even, because she had to go home.

 

"Bye, I'll see-" before Seungcheol could finish his goodbye speech, he felt a tug on his sleeve.

 

"C-can you just stay for awhile," you turned your head to the other side, feeling heat rise to your cheeks due to your sudden brave act. "I have something to tell you."

 

You breathed in deeply and turned to him again.

 

"I think I like y-" "I like you." Seungcheol beat you to it, he blurted it out suddenly, shocking the both of you. His face turned beet red and so did yours. Their heartbeats picked up like airplanes taking off against the wind.

 

"What I meant w-was, uh, I-" he stutters.

 

"I like you, Choi-boy." the girl smiled, her hand still on his sleeve as she tried to memorize the little details of this memory, so that she could remind herself of this magical day.

 

Seungcheol thanked the skies because he didn't go out for fried chicken that day.

 

 


 

 

[A/N] very slllloooowwwww uppppddaaattteessss but i hope all of you enjoy seungcheol boy!!! idk who to write next boohoo