new spark

Ah Yeah

 

 new spark; 


 

“Snap out of it Tuan!” For a second, Mark thought that it was himself trying to get out of his own trap, but then realized it was Jackson trying to snap out of his thoughts. And by the looks of it, he’s already mad. Mark and the guys just had a quick meeting at the café because they were quite busy, except for Mark and Jackson. And also, throughout their whole meeting, Mark’s presence wasn’t noticed. He was busy exploring another world in his mind that time- which made Jackson disappointed.

 

“Sorry.” Was the only thing that came out of Mark’s mouth, as they were walking back to Mark’s house. Suddenly, Jackson stopped walking. “That’s it! You’re going home by yourself!” He cried out. But still, even though his best friend was already mad at him, his senses weren’t just working fine now. All he did was to mouth “huh” at Jackson. “I hate you so much, Tuan! I hate you!” Jackson said as he called a taxi, and left Mark in the streets of Seoul.

 

But still, even after all that happened, Mark’s mind was still focused on one person- Ahn Heeyeon.

 

Oh, how he could just want to kiss her, but he could not because they’re not together! They haven’t even talked to each other casually, nor hang out and- oh wait. They’re not even friends to start with! Mark felt his heart pierced by a needle as he thought of it. He though that how did he become so crazy like this all just because of a couple of encounters with one girl? And what’s worse, is that Mark is forgetting something that he needs to do before Heeyeon even appeared in her life. And that made his mind question his heart:

 

How about the girl he needs to meet when he came back here? Did you forget about her already?

 

“Aw, dang it,” Mark said aloud, as he was getting more confused and angry at himself. He was unsure of his emotions right now, because even though he met an oh-so-gorgeous lady, he couldn’t just keep his mind not thinking of the other girl, whose name he can’t even remember.  Even though he had only stayed for 5 days in Korea, it felt like a month already. He thought that he needs to find the girl as fast as he could, before someone else could take over his heart.

 

He was greatly occupied by his own thoughts that he didn’t quickly realize that there were now drops of water falling from the sky. As one rain drop fell on him, he quickly noticed it and searched for any place to protect him from the rain. He regretted not bringing a jacket or umbrella with him- well screw it, he didn’t even knew the weather news for today. After a minute of walking, he found a small noodle shop and decided to stay inside there for awhile.

 

Annyeonghaseyo,” Mark greeted the old lady that was in front of him as he entered the shop. The lady gave him a warm smile in return as she asked, “What would a handsome, young man like for today?” Oh shoot. Mark didn’t think that he needed to buy something if he will enter these kinds of places. He quickly looked at the menu on his left and picked black bean noodles. “One bowl of black bean noodles, please.” Mark smiled at the lady. “Okay, young man, take a seat first.” said the old lady as she went inside the resto’s kitchen, probably preparing for Mark’s order. Mark, on the other hand, chose to sit at the second row at the center column of the shop, because other people occupied his favorite spots. As he waited for his order, he took out his phone from his pocket and saw three text messages from Jackson. It said:

 

 

Mark sighed as he read the messages, and was already ready for the happenings tomorrow. As he was about to call Jack, a familiar voice spoke. “Oh, is that you, new student?” He looked up to see who it was, and Mark’s jaw dropped as he saw who the person was. It was Heeyeon. Mark felt his heart beat faster than usual, as she took a sit in front of him, which made his heart beat crazier than ever. He was not even moving at all- all that he could do right now was to stare at the beauty in front of him. “Helloo?” Hani waved her hand in front of his face, which caused Mark to snap out of his daze. “Ah-uhm-oh- Hi.” Mark wanted to mentally slap his face right now because of his reply. But fortunately that made Heeyeon giggle. WHY IS HER LAUGH ATTRACTIVE AS WELL!? Mark’s mind is initiating the thirld world war because of the girl’s actions. “Um… Have I introduced myself to you yet?” Hani raised her right brow. Before Mark could even answer, she spoke. “Ah, I still haven’t. I’m Ahn Heeyeon, the school council president.” Hani smiled as they both shook hands with each other. “I’m… Mark. Mark Tuan.” Hani’s expression on her face changed into a confused one as she heard the guy’s name. Mark was also confused at what was happening, as their hands were still clasped together, earning a blush from him. After a few seconds, Hani put up a smile on her face as she broke the handshake, chuckling lightly.

 

As they waited for their order, they talked for awhile. Even though it was only a couple of minutes, it felt like they were talking for hours. Mark thought Hani’s an easy person to get comfortable with, as she was always the one who starts a conversation (because he’s not really a social butterfly).


“Wah, you like black bean noodles?” Hani asked Mark as both of their orders were served to them. “Mm-hm. Why?” Mark asked back, as he stuffed some on his mouth, using the chopsticks. “They’re my favorite too!” This caused Mark to blush a bit, as they started eating together. As they were eating, Mark was still caught off guard at what’s happening right now. He couldn’t believe that on their first official meeting, they’re already eating together!? Mark was beyond happy right now, because he got close (well not really close) to Hani sooner than he could think. “By the way, Jinyoung, Jaebum, and the four other guys are your friends, right? How come you didn’t decide to go to school with them since high school?” Hani asked again, as she munched on some noodles.”I was abroad for a couple of years, that’s why.”  “What country did you stayed at then?” “I was at Lo-“ Mark was cut off when Hani’s phone rang. Hani held her phone and saw that it was Hyojin calling her. Hani gestured ‘wait a sec’ at Mark as she picked up the call. “Oh, sis? … Ah, I’m here at the noodles shop… Okay, okay! I’ll go right now! Bye!” Hani said as she ended the call, looking a bit sad as Hyojin told her to come home already because it was raining. Mark, on the other hand, was way more sad than Hani. He knew their meeting was coming to an end, and she needs to leave as soon as she can.

 

“Uh… I have to leave now. It was nice talking to you, Mark.” Hani smiled as she looked at the leftover black bean noodles, suppressing the wanting to eat some more. “Uh- I guess I’ll leave as well.” Mark said as Hani flashed her smile at him again, and nodded. After they paid for the food, they thanked the lady and left the shop. They were about to part ways when suddenly, Mark called her. “Hm?” Hani asked as she turned around. “Can you… go home with me? I’m still not familiar with the whole place.” Mark said as he rubbed the nape of his neck, giving Hani a sheepish smile. Hani’s eyes looked up and after a few seconds, she finally started to speak. “Okay then!”

 

“So you… live around here as well?” Hani asked Mark as they were now nearing to Mark’s house. Good thing the rain had stopped, which led them to walk to their houses instead of riding buses or taxis or whatever. Mark nodded. “Phew, good thing you were. I live nearby here, just a couple of blocks away from yours.” Hani replied. After a few more steps, Mark stopped as they were now in front of Mark’s house. “Here we are.” Mark let out a sigh as they just finished walking. “Thanks.Uh.. do you want me to walk you home?” Mark asked. “I’ll just drop my bags and change my cloth-“ “No, it’s okay.” Hani said as she shook her hands, gesturing a ‘no.’ “Besides, Hyojin doesn’t like guys being with me, especially if we’re just alone.” Mark slowly nodded, as he took a step closer to the front door. “Are you sure?” Mark raised a brow. “Mm-hm. I should get going now… Bye Mark!” Hani said as she waved goodbye at him as she walked towards her house. This caused a smile to form on the boy’ lips, as he went inside the house.

 

“Did you get home safely?” Aunt Eunju asked on the other line. “Yep.” Mark replied as he took off his uniform, leaving him wearing his white tank top and black boxers. “Did you already eat?” “Yeah.” “There’s food on the fridge if you want to. I’m coming home by 11 this evening.” “Okay. Bye Auntie!” Mark said as he ended the call, dropping the phone on his bed, together with his body. As his arms and legs were spread, as if he was forming an angel in the snow, his right hand stumbled onto something hard. He took it out from his pillow and saw that it was his walkie talkie. Mark looked at the walkie talkie, examining it, until an idea popped out of his head: Use the walkie talkie. He quickly sat up straight and tested if it was still working. Well, the battery’s got no life. He went downstairs and searched for a pair of batteries, and luckily, he found one on the drawer under the television. As he was finished replacing the batteries, he took a deep breath first. Should I do use it or not? Mark was getting nervous, as he was still hesitant on using the device that could be the key to finding her. As Mark mustered up some courage, he pressed the button, and held it as he started to talk.

 

“Hello? It’s me, Mark.”


author's note!

Waaaah guys! I missed you so much! Sorry again for the short update, things have been really busy for me right now, and maybe it'll get better next week. But, I hope you still enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for those 2 who upvoted my story! I can't mention your name because I can't find where you can see the ones sho upvoted my story ;;_;; (help). As always, thank you so much for all the support! And keep loving Hani and Mark! Haha. As always, comment (pretty please?), subscribe, and upvote! :)