Chapter 6

Can we be more?

Chanyeol holding hands with a girl.

"AARRGGHH!! I GIVE UP!!"

Kyungsoo threw his phone across the room and planted his face in his pillow. He was frustrated. He hadn't heard a word from Baekhyun ever since the café incident. He hadn't answered his calss, texts, facebook messages, skype calls or even opened the door when he visited. And now he had to wait the entire weekend before he could see him again. 

"Take it easy, baby. You might destroy you're beautiful voice with all this screaming."

Kyungsoo looked up from the pillow and over his shoulder to see Kai picking up the phone he just threw away.

"It doesn't matter right now. I jut wanna see Baekhyun. I need to know that he is alright."

Kai walked to the bed and laid down beside his boyfriend. Kyungsoo immediately put his arms around Kais waist and snuggled into his warm chest. Kai started brushing and playing with Kyungsoos locks.

"I know you're worried about him. He is you're best friend after all, well after me." Kyungsoo chuckled at Kais words.

"And I know that it really hurts you to see him like this, and it hurts me too. He is sort of my friend too, and whenever he is sad, you are sad. And I really don't like that. But if Chanyeol has decided to move on then I think he deserves to do that."

"Yeah, but he could at least come up to Baekhyun and tell him that instead of doing it behind his back!"

"Shhh... Don't get too upset. If Chanyeol thinks it's best to stay away from Baekhyun, because that will make it easier to forget, then maybe that is the right thing to do. We should just trust him, and hope he makes the right choice." Kai said and kissed Kyungsoos forehead.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"And besides, it might be so that he isn't playing with Baekhyun, but trying to figure out what he really wants. Does he want Baekhyun or is there a chance that he might like girls instead. I mean it's not like he's gay, he's just gay for Baekhyun. Like you are just gay for me and I am just gay for you." Kai said and kissed Kyungsoo softly on the lips. Kyungsoo blushed and snuggled his face deeper into Kais chest. 

"How do you always know what to say? It sometimes annoy me."

"Hahaha! I guess it is because I know exactly what you think and feel. After all I am the one that ones your heart, right?"

Kyungsoo looked up into Kais eyes. Those beautiful eyes that would alway make him forget everything else in this world. When he looked int those eyes, the only think he could se was Kai. Only him. Forever.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too, Kyungie."

 

RIING

RIING

RIING

That was the only sound that could be heard inside Baekhyuns room. That and a few sobs. The constant calling from Kyungsoo. Baekhyun felt bad for ignoring him, but wasn't in the mood to talk. Baekhyun hadn't gotten out of his room ever since his mom found him standing frozen in the rain after the café incident. His mom would always come with food, but he just ate dinner. Although he felt completely broken, he could never say no to food. He didn't wanna starve himself. He didn't know what was wrong. He felt crushed. But he didn't know why. Was it because Chanyeol was with that girl? Because Chanyeol had been avoiding/ignoring him? Because Chanyeol had moved on and didn't say anything? He didn't know what it was, but he knew it involved Chanyeol in some way. 'I just don't wanna cry anymore. It hurts too much.'

Knock, Knock, Knock.

"............"

"Baekhyun?"

'That's not mom.'

"Hey, sweetie."

"Y-Yoora?" Baekhyun wiped his cheeks as Yoora entered the room and went to sit down on his bed.

"How are you feeling?" She asked and placed the back of her hand on Baekhyuns forehead. 

".........."

"I really don't know what to say. I heard from Kyungsoo what happened. I already gave Chanyeol a beating for it. I'm so sorry. I know I can't apologize for him, but maybe you wanna talk about it?"

Baekhyun looked at her. No one could say no to Yoora. She was just too sweet and kind. She was just like an angel. She alway knew what to say and do to make thing alright. Whenever Chanyeol and Baekhyun had a fight, they would alway come to her and she always knew what to say to make everything alright. He sighed before he opened his mouth.

"I don't know what is wrong. It just hurts. My heart feels like it's completely broken, and it feels like my entire body has lost every hint of happiness. It really hurts and I don't know why!" He neded up crying again and threw himself into Yooras arms. She quickly wrapped her arms around kim and carefully rocked back and forth.

"This 'hurting' you're talking about, involves Chanyeol?" She asked and only received a nod from the crying boy.

"Could it be that you love him?" Baekhyun stopped crying. He slowly pulled himself away from Yooras arms. He looked into her eyes. He couldn't quite describe it, but it somewhat felt like she was onto something. 

"W-....What?"

"Do you love him? Is that why it hurts?" She asked and gently Baekhyuns cheek. Baekhyun felt something inside. Something in his heart. Like.... Like the broken pieces was slowly getting glued together bit by bit.

"I-... I-..." Baekhyun looked down at hands. They were shaking like crazy. His entire bidy was shaking like crazy. Yoora giggled at Baekhyuns cuteness.

"Do you love him?" She asked one last time. Baekhyun slowly lifted his head to look into her eyes. As soon as he saw them he wasn't aware of the words coming out his mouth.

"Yes."

 

"BAEKHYUN!! OH MY GOOOOD!!!"

"K-Kyung.. soo. I'm c-choking..."

"I don't care!!"

"Come on, baby. Let him breathe."

Kyungsoo hesitated, but eventually let Baekhyun out of his death grip.

"So, why haven't you answered me this entire weekend?!" Kyungsoo said as he crossed his arms and stomped his foot. 

"I can tell you something that will make up for it all."

"I'm waiting."

".......I'm..... I'm in love with Chanyeol."

"......."

"What? Aren't you going to say something?"

"Baek?"

Baekhyun completely froze. Out of all the people in this world, why did the on e person that was not going to know this hear it? He slowly turned around and saw exactly who he thought it was. Park Chanyeol.

"I-.. I-.. I-.."

They both were completely frozen. Students started to look wierd at them they passed by. Still the only thing Baekhyun could see was Chanyeol. He suddently fell into the arms of the giant. He turned around and saw that Kyungsoo had pushed him.

"You two should talk. Don't worry, I'll make an excuse for the teacher." He said before he grabbed Kais hand and dragged him with him. Kai only gave them a thumps up before he disappeared around the corner with Kyungsoo. Baekhyun turned his head to look at Chanyeol. Chanyeol looked serious and (honsetly) a little angry. 

"Come with me." He said and dragged Baekhyun with him. They went to the 'filmclub' room. An old room that had somehow ended up as a storage room. When Chanyeol locked the door he still didn't turn around to face Baekhyun. And that made Baekhyun a little scared. 

"Umm... Chanyeol...?"

Silent.

"Chan-"

"When did you realize it?"

"What?"

Chanyeol finally turned around.

"When did you realized you love me?"

Baekhyun felt his throat get dry and his chest tighten. He looked down to avoid Chaneyols eyes. 

"I accepted it to myself at Friday when your sister visited, but I think I ended up falling in love with you ever since the party."

He looked up into Chanyeols eyes. 

"Ever since you first kissed me."

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. His body suddenly started burning. And he knew why. He was happy. He was so happy because of those words that he didn't realize that he was walking towards Baekhyun. He gently grabbed BAekhyuns hands and helped him up. He tighten his grib on Baekhyuns hands. He looked into those eyes that he loves so very much. His heart felt both lighter and heavier then ever. He didn't know if he would fly into the air or sink into the ground. He only knew that he was happy. He could've died right htere and then and he wouldn't care. Baekhyun loves him. That's all he ever wanted to know. He placed his right hand on Baekhyuns left cheek and slowly connected their lips. Baekhyun did just as last time: He kissed him back. The kiss was sweet and tender, but it turned more passionate when they started moving their lips in sync with each other. He was so happy, he was afraid he would cry.

Baekhyun couldn't be more happy then what he is now. Chanyeol is kissing him. Their are sharing their feelings in the most sweetest way. A kiss filled with nothing but truth and love. This is what Baekhyun wants: To be in love with his best friend. His one and only soulmate. When Chanyeol started deepening the kiss, Baekhyun pulled back his hands and wrapped them around Chanyeols neck to bring him closer. Chanyeol responded by wrapping his arms around Baekhyuns waist. He even lifted Baekhyun sligthly up from the ground. Baekhyun maned when Chanyeol bit his lower lip. He immediately opened his mouth to let Chanyeol stick his tounge in. He didn't need to fight for dominance, he was all Chanyeols. He glided his hands into Chanyeols hair and pulled sligthly on it when Chanyeol pulled away from the kiss. They stared at each other while catching their breaths.

"So.. Do you think we can be more then friends?"

Baekhyun giggeled as he placed his arms around Chanyeols neck again.

"I think we can."

Chanyeol kissed him on the lips again. 

"You do know that the Prom is coming up, right?"

"Yeah. And?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go with me."

"It's not for another month." Baekhyun said, but couldn't help but giggle at Chanyeols cuteness. 

"Well, I wanna make sure you don't go with anyone else. So do you wanna go with me?"

"Yeah, I guess. But I will not go as your girlfriend this time."

"Hahaha! No. This time you'll go as my boyfriend." And with that they both knew that their future would be full of sweet moments. After all they are now more then friends.

They are boyfriends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END