Chapter 2

Can we be more?

One second. That was all it took to destroy everything. One second and he would regret it for the rest of his life. He swung Baekhyun around and attacked his lips. 'HOLY ! WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?!?!' Chanyeol couldn't stop his thoughts, but he couldn't stop his lips either. These lips had been craving for Baekhyun for so long. And now, in this moment, he couldn't be any happier. Muffled moans were heard from both of them as Chanyeol started moving his lips. He placed his arms around Baekhyuns waist and brought him closer. He tilted his head and deepened the kiss. 

'Chanyeol is kissing me. Park Chanyeol is kissing me. My best friend is kissing me.' Baekhyun was completely frozen. He couldn't breathe, he couldn't move and he couldn't feel anything exept the warmth from Chanyeol lips. Chanyeols arms went around his waist. As he got pulled closer, Chanyeol deepened the kiss and Baekhyun felt his eyes fluttering shut. He felt his strength coming back into his body. He lifted his armes and placed them on Chanyeols shoulders. He tilted hs head and responded to Chanyeols kiss. In some way this felt right. Maybe it was because it was Chanyeol. A person he trusts and loves. 

"Chanyeol!! Come here, I need your help!!" Shouted a guy from inside the house. Chanyeol cursed internally and leaned away from Baekhyun. There was a long silent. They just started into each others eyes. Baekhyuns lips were a little puffed from the kiss and his cheeks had reached a new shade of red. 

"CHANYEOL!!"

"I'M COMING!!" He shouted back and let go of Baekhyun to run inside. Baekhyun just stood there. Watching his friend vanish into the crowd of high schoolers. 

THUMP

THUMP

THUMP

Baekhyuns heart was beating so fast he had to place a hand on his chest to prevent it from flying out. He brought his other hand up to his lips. The warmth from Chanyeols lips were still there. He suddently felt hands his behind. He already knew who it was, but looked over his shoulder just to make sure. 'Yep. Kris.'

"I really didn't think you had it in you baby, but that grinding just now was seriously y. Exept from my brother." He whispered in Baekhyuns ear. He placed his hands on Baekhyuns hips and pulled him back against his own body. He started grinding his crotch against Baekhyuns .

"You really are one y little ." He continued grinding and even lent down to on Baekhyuns neck. Unlike before (with Chanyeol) this felt disgusting. He pushed himself away from Kris, only to be swung around and back in his grasp.

"Let me go." he said and tried not to be mean This was Chanyeols brother after all. Well, half-brother, but brother anyway. 

"Why would i do that? Why would i let you go, when we can have so much fun." He suddently pulled Baekhyun with him to the house. He went inside and ran up the stairs. He went into an empty bedroom and threw Baekhyun on the bed.

"Let's get started baby." He said in a seductively voice and jumped on top of Baekhyun. He started eating on Baekhyuns neck, while his hands roamed all over his body.

"Stop! Get off of me!" Baekhyun yelled and tried to push Kris away, but Kris responded by grabbing his arms to bring them over his head and held them there. Baekhyun felt trapped. He had lost all his strength. He felt tears gathering in his eyes. 

"Stop it! Please! Let me go!" No matter how much he shouted and pleaded Kris wouldn't budge. He suddently felt a hand going up his thighs and dangerously near his crotch.

"CHAN-"

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!"

Kris and Baekhyun turned to see wo was standing at the door. Chanyeol was red. He was furious. 

"Thank god! I didn't think you would come!" Kris said and breathed out. He went out of the bed and towards the door. He placed a hand on Chanyeols shoulder. 

"Don't screw him to hard." He said with a smirk. He grabbed the door, but before he closed it he looked at Baekhyun.

"I do apologize for my behavoir and for my brother. Take good care of him, Baekhyun." He winked an eye and closed the door. Baekhyun and Chanyeol was left dumbfounded. Baekhyun sat up and went out of the bed. He walked over to Chanyeol, but left a good meter between them.

"Did he just say Baekhyun?" He asked. Chanyeol nodded and removed his eyes from the door. 

"What the hell were you two doing?" Chanyeol asked with a serious voice. Baekhyun looked down at the floor.

"Nothing really. He kissed me on-"

"Did he kiss you on the lips?" Chanyeol asked and grabbed Baekhyuns chin to connect their eyes. Baekhyun blushed.

"N-no, he did-"

"Did he touch you anywhere?"

"No! Well, ye-"

"What exactly did he do t-"

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun loosened Chanyeols grip. He looked at Chanyeol seriously.

"N-O-T-H-I-N-G happened." He said with a stern voice to reassure him. Chanyeol calmed down. He brought Baekhyun into a hug.

"Thank god you're alright. I'm sorry I weren't here." Baekhyun snuggled into Chanyeols embrace.

"It's okay. Let's go home now." Baekhyun said as he grabbed Chanyeols hand and walked out of the room. When they got downstairs they saw Kris. He was looking at them, but with an unknown look. It wasn't until he smiled at them that they understood the face. It was a face filled with love and consideration. 'Maybe my brother actually does like me.' Chanyeol thought as the left the house. They called Yoora.

"I'm on my way."

She came after 10 minutes. That was the 10 most longest minutes of Chanyeols life. The silent that surrounded them was almost killing. He was so glad when Yoora drived into the parking lot. 

"So, how was the party?" She asked while they buckled their belts. They looked nervously at each other.

"It- It was fine." Chanyeol said and gave a weak smile. Yoora just shrugged her shoulders and started driving. Again the silent was so uncomfortable that she started the radio. 

'Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid
To fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer


I have died every day
waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
I'll love you for a
Thousand more'

Yet again a song that expresses Chanyeols feelings. Why does all theses singers express something like this so easily, while he struggles so much. If only he could sing. He can rap, but not sing (he thinks). These songs. Isn't there anyway they can speak for him? Without him having to sing it?

"Bye, Yoora. Thanks for the ride." Baekhyun said as he walked out of the car and woke Chanyeol up from his thoughts. He turned his head to look at Baekhyun as he left te car. They gave each other one last glance as Baekhyun closed the car door to leave. Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun opened and closed his front door. 

 

 

Chanyeol threw himself on his bed. He just looked up at the ceiling and tried to think. What happened tonight? Baekhyun was dressed as a girl, they grinded on each other, they kissed and Kirs almost Baekhyun (although he was never planning on going through with it). So much. And yet he could only think of one think: When he kissed Baekhyun, Baekhyun kissed him back. 

Baekhyun kissed him back. 

He kissed him back.

He didn't run away.

He kissed him back.

Chanyeol shot out of bed and stared shocked at the photo of him and Baekhyun on his desk. 

'Does Baekhyun like me back?'

 

"ARGH!! This stupid makeup!" Baekhyun was having some trouble getting out of his 'Crossdress-costume'. He had already showered, but he had forgtten the makeup. It wasn't a small sound that escaped his lips when he saw the wet and rubbed out terror on his face. He had sneaked into his mothers bedrom and gotten cleaning wipes. Now he was just struggling with getting everything off. 

As soon as the makeup terror had disappeared from his face, he went to bed. But he couldn't sleep. His mind was too busy thinking.

'Chanyeol, Chanyeol, Chanyeol, Chanyeol.'

That was the only thing playing in his mind. 'I can't believe i kissed my baest friend. And I didn't even push him away. I kissed him back. I ing kissed him back!'

TAP

"What?" Baekhyun looked over to his window. He saw nothing so he shrugged his shoulders and rolled over to one side.

TAP

Baekhyun turned around again to look at the window. Nothing.

TAP

"OMG!" He shouted angrily and went out of his bed and over to his window. He pulled away his curtains and his heart stopped. He ran out of his room and downstairs. He opened the front door and went to his backyard.

"Chanyeol? What are you doing here?" He asked while he panted a little bit. He didn't really care about the fact that he just ran out in his boxers and a t-shirt. 

The scene was more beautiful than anything Baekhyun had ever seen. There were thousand of flaslights in different colours. They were both on the ground and even hanging in the trees. They were somewhat put up in a pattern. It was like a haert. Not laying on the ground, but standing.And standing inside it (between or something like that) was Chanyeol holding a guitar. He was smiling. He started playing.

'This is my love song to you
Let every woman know I’m yours
So you can fall asleep each night, babe
And know I’m dreaming of you more

You’re always hoping that we make it
You always want to keep my gaze
Well you’re the only one I see
And that’s the one thing that won’t change

I’ll never stop trying
I’ll never stop watching as you leave
I’ll never stop losing my breath
Every time I see you looking back at me
I’ll never stop holding your hand
I’ll never stop opening your door
I’ll never stop choosing you babe
I’ll never get used to you

And with this love song to you
It’s not a momentary phase
You are my life, I don’t deserve you
But you love me just the same
And as the mirror says we’re older
I will not look the other way
You are my life, my love, my only
And that’s the one thing that won’t change

I’ll never stop trying
I’ll never stop watching as you leave
I’ll never stop losing my breath
Every time I see you looking back at me
I’ll never stop holding your hand
I’ll never stop opening your door
I’ll never stop choosing you babe
I’ll never get used to you

Still get my heart racing (you)
Still get my heart racing (for you)
Still get my heart racing (you)
Still get my heart racing (for you)

 

I’ll never stop trying
I’ll never stop watching as you leave
I’ll never stop losing my breath
Every time I see you looking back at me
I’ll never stop holding your hand
I’ll never stop opening your door
I’ll never stop choosing you babe
I’ll never get used to you
'

Baekhyun hadn't noticed the tears that were falling from his eyes. His hand had found its way to his chest as he clenched on his shirt. Chanyeol laid down the guitar. He walked over to Baekhyun. He placed his index finger under Baekhyuns chin and tilted his head upwards. Their eyes connected with each others. 

"I don't really know if I need to explain myself, but I will. I love you Baekhyun. So very much. I know we are best friends, but I want us to be more. I have felt this way for you for two years now, but I'm sure I have felt this way ever since the start. I just haven't been able to say it until now."

Baekhyun was left speechless. First the party and now this?! He knew that Chanyeol wasn't lying. His eyes were only filled with love. But Baekhyun wasn't sure. He pulled his hands back.

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol. I just need some time to think." He said and gave Chanyeol an apologetic smile. He ran inside before his tears could fall down again. He felt horible leaving Chanyeol like that. After that beautiful song and those magical words, the only thing he could think of was how suprising this whole thing was. He had never expected Chanyeol to feel this way about him. The thought hadn't even occurred to him. He felt so bad running away like that. Chanyeols face was stuck in his mind. In just the second that he had pulled back his hands, it was almost as he could see Chanyeols heart breaking through his eyes. He broke his best friend.

'I just broke Chanyeols heart..'