Chapter 4

Can we be more?

 

'Something is not right.'

School ended and Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked home. They were talking and goofing around, but Baekhyun still couldn't get rid of this uneasy feeling. They approached Baekhyuns house. 

"Bye!" Chanyeol said and gave Baekhyun a wave with his hand. Baekhyun hesitated.

"Chanyeol! Wait!" He shouted and ran to catch up on Chanyeol.

"Is something wrong?"

"Not with me, but with you." Baekhyun said as he reached Chanyeol.

Chanyeol frowned at Baekhyuns words.

"What do you mean?"

"I know we talk and play and everything is fine, but you seem somewhat distant. You've never been like that before. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I guess I'm just a little tired."

"No, you're not. Tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing is wrong."

"Don't lie to me! I know you better than you know yourself!" Baekhyun was getting angry and therefore shouted.

"Oh, really?! Then how come you never knew that I love you?!" Chanyeol shouted back. Baekhyun was taken back by Chanyeols outburst. Chanyeol looked angry and sad at the same time. 

"I-I'm... I.."

Chanyeol sighed. 

"It's okay. It's all forgotten. I'll see you tomorrow." Chanyeol said and gave Baekhyun a small smile before turning around and going home. Baekhyun was frozen in his spot. If there was a word describing the feeling of bein stabbed by a dozen knives and not bleeding, than that word would be perfect right now. Because that was how Baekhyun was feeling right now. He hated to see Chanyeol small smiles. THey only came when Baekhyun had hurt Chanyeol in away, and they would always make Baekhyun feel guilty. Usually they would make up the next day, but considering that this time it's not about a girl or a movie or a game, then it will be much harder to make up. Baekhyun is only afraid that this whole 'I-love-you' thing will ruin their friendship. 'I can't lose you, Chanyeol.'

 

To: Kyungie

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!o(╥﹏╥)o

From: Kyungie

With Chanyeol?

To: Kyungie

YEAH!! I don't know what to do!! (ι´Д`)ノ

From: Kyungie

Did you talk to him?

To: Kyungie

Yeah, but he just shrugged it off like it was nothing. He told me he loves me, and now he just pretends like he said nothing. It's really annoying me! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

From. Kyungie

STOP WITH THE FACES!!

To: Kyungie

Sorry...

From: Kyungie

I really don't know what to say. If he doesn't wanna tell you what he thinks, then there is nothing you can do.

To: Kyungie

Really? But I don't want us to have this awkard feeling between us. I'm scared for our friendship.

From: Kyungie

I know. But I really don't know what to say. If he has decided to hide/foregt his feelings, then maybe you should just forget the whole thing too.

To: Kyungie

I know that would be the best solution, but I don't think I want that.

From: Kyungie

What do you mean?

To: Kyungie

I wanna talk about it and set everything clear between us. You know how these small things always bother me. Unless i clear up everything, then it will drive me insane!

From. Kyungie

Yes, you are a bit of a drama queen there

To: Kyungie

HEY!!

Form: Kyungie

But I think I agree with you. You should really clear up everything.

To: Kyungie

Yeah, but how? HELP ME!!

From: Kyungie

Okay, chill! Let's get you two together tomorrow during lunch. Then you guys have 45 min to talk. Deal?

To: Kyungie

Deal. Thank you(╯3╰)

From: Kyungie

Kai would have killed you if you really did kiss me (>‿◕)

To: Kyungie

Well good thing he doesn't know

From: Kyungie

Yeah.. Well... He's here now and he saw the message soooooo... You better watch out tomorrow(◠‿◠)

To: Kyungie

*GULP* Well.. ehm.. NIGHT!!

Baekhyun turned of the phone and threw it somewhere on the bed. 'Okay. So me and Chanyeol will talk tomorrow. Now I'm just nervous.' That night Baekhyun didn't fall asleep until 3AM.

 

"Thank god for the discovery of consealer!" Baekyun breathed happily. Since Baekhyun didn't fall asleep until early morning, he recieved dark circles. Not so dark, but visible enough. 

"Baekhyun! Chanyeol is here!"

"Coming mom!"

Baekhyun finished his makeup and ran downstairs. Chanyeol stood by the opened door. His hands were crossed over his chest. 'What is he wearing?'

"Chanyeol, where is your uniform?"

"Oh, I fell in a pond on my way home yesterday and it's still drying, so I just picked a t-shirt and some jeans."

"Well... at least they are not jeans with holes, so I guess it's okay." Baekhyun said and pinched Chanyeols thigh and recieved a yelp and a little jump from the giant. 

"That hurt!" Chanyeol said with a laugh. They grabbed their backpacks and ran out the door. The way to school was just like yesterday. Funny and goofy, but still that little hint of uneasiness in Baekhyuns heart. When they arrived at school they saw all the students gathered outside. They gave each other a confused look. Baekhyun saw Kyungsoo. He grabbed Chanyeols hand and they ran towards the little owl. 

"Kyungsoo. What's going on?"

"Oh.. Professor. Keun had an accident in science. He managed to create some sort of growing mucus. I'ts even in pink. But anyway it managed to make it's way through classrooms, so now the fire department is just trying to erase it or something."

"Wow. Professor. Keun really does take his job seriously." Chanyeol chuckled while looking around at all the students. No one really seemed to care about what happened. They got freetime to just do nothing. Free time. Free..

"Chanyeol, come with me." Baekhyun said and dragged Chanyeol out of the crowd on to the school garden at the back.

 

When they reached the garden (and were sure no one was nearby) they started talking.

"We really need to talk." Baekhyun said as he looked seriously into Chanyeols eyes.

"About what?" Chanyeol asked as he crossed his legs and supported his body with his arms. 

"About you being in love with me." Baekhyun said straightforward. Chanyeol looked a little sad at Baekhyun.

"We really don-"

"Yes we do. You can't just pretend like nothing. You said 'I'm sure I have felt this way ever since the start'. You can't say stuff like that and so pretend like nothing. It makes me angry."

"Angry? What gives you the right to be angry at my decisions?!"

"I have full right when your decisions also includes me!"

"Look, it's my feelings and therefore my choice to throw them away!"

"So you are gonna throw me away too then."

"What? No, I never said that."

"You kind of did. Your feelings include me, and if you throw them away you throw me away with them. Is that what you want?"

"NO! Of course not!! But.."

"But what?"

"I just don't want you to look at me like I'm disgusting."

"Disgusting? For what? For loving me? I will never think of you as disgusting. NEVER. You are my best friend. The most important person in my life. Just because you feel something special for me that I don't feel for you, doesn't mean I will hate you." Baekhyun said reassuringly and placed a hand on Chanyeols thigh. 

"I know, but it's still hard." Chanyeol said an placed his hand on top of Baekhyuns to intertwine thier fingersHe started playing with Baekhyuns beautiful fingers.

"I know. But just give me some time. Maybe my feelings will change. You know: many best friends ends up together in the end. And considering how strong our relationship is, I think it is a very good chance I might end up falling in love with you too." 

Chanyeol looked suprised at him. Baekhyun giggled silently and leant in. He gave Chanyeol a kiss on the lips. It wasn't much, but it was soft and warm. So very warm. He pulled back after about 8 seconds. He gave Chanyeol a loving smile and felt his heart jump a few times.

"Just give me some time, okay?"

Chanyeol was still shocked and felt blush creeping up on his face. He was frozen from the kiss and couldn't do more then give a little nod. 

"Come on. Let's go back before we get into trouble." BAekhyun said as he stood up and reached out a hand for Chanyeol to grab. And Chanyeol did. He thought Baekhyun would take his hand back, but Baekhyun intertwined their fingers and walked comfortably next to the giant. Chanyeol felt his face getting even more red. Kyungsoo swa them when they got closer. His eyes immediately went to their hands (still intertwined).

"So.... Are you guys together now?" He asked and pointed at thei hands. They both looked down and smiled.

"No. We decided to take it slow." Baekhyun said with a bright smile. 

"Well, that's good. I like seeing you guys together." Kyungsoo said and smiled warmly at them.

"Listen up students. The school is now out of danger. Please walk into your classrooms and continue the day as usual." Said the headmaster over the loudspeakers. 

"Come on! We'll be getting a new project and we need to end up in the same group!" Baekhyun said eagerly and dragged Chanyeol with him.

'Maybe this will work. I love you, Baekkie. My wierd little puppy.'