Chapter 3

Can we be more?

'I just broke Chaneyols heart..'

The thought wouldn't leave Baekhyuns mind. It had already been 4 days, and it was like glued into his mind. He hadn't seen Chanyeol since that night. He thought he was avoiding him at first, but apparently Baekbeom had heard form Yoora that they were at their grandparents. Apparently Chanyeols grandather had got a heart attack. He had tried to call Chanyeol to see if he was alright, but he never picked up the phone. Maybe he actually was ignoring him. 

"BAEK!" 

"What?"

"You've been spacing out again." Baekhyun turned his eyes up from the table an on to Kyungsoo. Other than Chanyeol, Kyungsoo was his other best friend. He wasn't near as close as Chanyeol, but close enough. 

"Sorry." He looked down at the table again.

"What's on your mind lately?"

"What do you mean?" 

"Don't even try! You're clearly thinking of something, and I wanna know what it is." 

Baekhyun looked up from he table again. He could see the seriousness in Kyungsoos face. He took a deep breath before he spoke.

"I think Chanyeol has been avoiding me."

"Why?"

He took another deep breath.

"We went to that High School party. He had told Kris, his brother, that he had a girlfriend. And quess who that girlfriend was."

"YOU?!" Kyungsoos eyes doubled in size before he started the most biggest laughing fit ever. 

"Do you wanna hear the rest of the story or not?!"

"Sorry! Sorry, I just can't picture it."

"I'll show you a picture later."

"You seriously took a picture of yourself?!"

"Not me, Yoora did."

"Oooh! But anyway, back to the story."

"Okay. So he intruduced me to Kris as 'Baekhyuna' an-"

"Baekhyuna? He couldn't find anything better?!"

"You now how slow he can be. Anyway, Kris started 'flirting' with me, although it was all total fake, and Chanyeol got jealous. So we ended up dancing and.. well.."

"You didn't! You grinded on each other?!"

"It was only to prove that Chanyeol wasn't a loser as Kris said he was!"

"Hahaha! Anyway, continue."

"Well............"

"Come on, spitt it out."

Baekhyun looked down on his hands that were laying in his lap.

"He got a b...... ..."

Silent. Silent. Silent. Baekhyun looked up at Kyungsoo. He was extremely suprised on the reaction he got. Kyungsoo was completely normal. Not shocked, suprised or confused. He was normal. As.... as if he knew.

"Aren't you going to say anything?"

"Like what?"

"Like why he got a ?"

"No. I'm not suprised."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I already knew he had an special interest in you, so it really just makes sense that he got a when you were rubbing your on him."

Baekhyun blushed, but ignored it.

"Now come on. Tell me the rest." Kyungsoo said eagerly.

"Well. I don't know why he did it, but he twisted me around and started kissing me."

"And?" 

"I kissed him back."

Kyungsoo looked suprised. 

"You kissed him back? So you like him too?"

"NO! Well.. yeah. I don't think... I DON'T KNOW!!" Baekhyun screamed out. He was frustraded. He had never had to think of Chanyeol as anything else than a best friend. 

"Look, I understand that this is hard. I went through the exact same thing with Kai. But you know, most best friends ends up together." Kyungso placed a hand on top of Baekhyun.

"Yeah, but it also ruins almost all of them."

"I have seen you and Chanyeol together. Your friendship is way too big to be ruined like that. You just need to talk. I mean it was just a kiss, right?!"

"No."

Kyungsoo frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"He came to my house later that night. He had placed many colorful flaslights in a heart shaped pattern. He had his guitar and started singing. He never sings. I have never heard him sing before, and that is why I know he thinks of me more than a friend."

Baekhyun looked so sad that Kyungsoo placed an am around his shoulders. He gently his arm up and down.

"And you can't even guess which song he sang."

"Which one?"

"Never stop by Safetysuit. An acoustic version."

"Wow."

"Yeah. It doesn't exactly say 'I hate you'."

They were completely silent for a while.

"So what do you plan on doing?"

Baekhyun sighed and shaked his head.

RIIIING

"Come on. Class is starting. While talk about this later, okay?"

Baekhyun couldn't do anything else than nod his head.

 

"Chanyeol. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Yoora didn't belive his words. He knew that, but he didn't wanna tell her what happened. They had been here in Scotland with their grandparents for almost a week now. Scotland is wonderful, but he could only think of Baekhyun. He sang for Baekhyun for the very first time, knowing that he would actually take it seriously. He never thought he would actually reject him. But he did. And that tiny hope that Chanyeol had, was broken right then and there. 

"Something is wrong, and I'm not giving up until you tell me."

Chanyeol gave Yoora a 'drop-it' look, but she still waited for him to talk. He sighed knowing he lost the staring battle. Hu turned his chair so that they were sitting beside each other.

"I told Baekhyun I love him, and he rejected me." He went out of the chair before she could say anything. Yoora already knew Chanyeols feelings, but she never would have thought that Baekhyun would reject him. He always assumed that they would end up together. If you looked back at all those memories then they were always intimate with each other. It was extremely rare that they wouldn't hold hands, or cuddle with each other. They almost looked like a kitten (Baekhyun) cuddling with its mother (Chanyeol). They are the type of friends that when you see them you think 'They are so going to get married in the future.'

Chanyeol just laid on the bed (guest room bed). He kept staring up at the ceiling. 'Baekhyun rejected me. I don't think I can ever face him again.' He turned over and laid his face down in the pillow. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!" Although he screamed into the pillow, the sound could clearly be heard outside. He heard sound coming from the stairs. He knew that someone would come barging in thinking he was being murdered. 

"Chanyeol!" Yoora gasped as she stormed into the room. She breathed out a sigh of relief. She smiled and sat down on the bed next to Chanyeol. She placed a hand on his head and started through his locks. Chanyeol relaxed immediately. Yoora new that this always worked.

"Why don't you tell me what's really bothering you." She said calmly.

Chanyeol squeezed the pillow in his arms as he curled together.

"I don't know how to face Baekhyun without feeling sad about him rejecting me."

"Maybe he was just shocked about your sudden confession."

"Well... he did cry, but then when I grabbed his hands he pulled them back immediately. He didn't even think about it for a second."

"Hmm... I really dodn't know what to say, but you can't just ignore it. You two have been best friends ever since you guys were born in the hospital. You remember how mom used to tell you that she and Ms. Byun were in the same room and the first thing that you guys saw was each other. I remember it clearly. The first thing I thought was 'They are so going to be best friends' and you did. You guys are like Yin & Yang. You need each other to become whole. No matter how much anyone tried, they could never separate you guys. When you were put up for school projects, you would both cry until you were put together on the same group. It's was so cute!"

Chanyeol couldn't help but giggle at his sisters words. It was true. They were like Yin & Yang. Chanyeol can't live without Baekhyun, especially when he realized that he's in love with him.

"I just don't wanna lose him. I shouldn't have said anything!" He yelled and covered his face with his pillow. Yoora heard his muffled screams into the pillow. She wanted to laugh, but her brother was so miserable that she just felt sad.

"I'm sorry Chanyeol." She said before she left the room.

'I think I should just pretend like nothing. Maybe that's the best solution.'

 

"Baekhyun! Chanyeol will be back today!" Kyungsoo said as he ran through the school halls trying to catch up on Baekhyun.

"Really?!" Baekhyun turned around quickly and smiled so bright his eyes almost disappeared. 

"Yeah. Then you guys can finally talk." Kyungsoo breathed as he slowed down and started walking next to Baekhyun. Baekhyun suddenly stopped and his smiled left his face. 

"What's wrong?"

"We have to talk about what happened. What if he feels so uncomfortable that he wants to end our friendship? What am I gonna do then?!" Baekhyun looked so scared and helpless. Kyungsoo placed an arm around Baekhyuns shoulder trying to comfort him.

"Don't overreact now. You guys can never stop being best friends. You're like locked together. You're like twins! Always close and in need of the other. You can't just end 18 years of friendship in one night. Especially not your friendship. It's way too strong." Kyungsoo said reassuringly. Baekhyun could only give him a little 'thank you' smile. They walked into the classroom and Baekhyun was so glad to finnaly see his giant of a best friend. He went to his seat, which was beside Chanyeol, and sat down.

"Hi." He said and turned to Chanyeol. No answer. 'As he decided to stop our friendship?!'

"Chanyeol?" He asked and tapped the tallers shoulder. They both almost fell off their chairs when Chanyeol let out a little scared scream. Chanyeol pulled out the headphones he had in his ears.

"You scared me, Baek!"

"Sorry." Baekhyun said and laughed.

"Did you say something?"

"I said 'Hi'."

"Oh.. Hey!"

"Are you... m-mad at.. me?" Baekhyun asked quietly, almost in a whisper.

"No. Why would I?"

Baekhyun felt somewhat suprised at Chanyeols reaction. He didn't look angry or sad. He looked like his usual self: A cheerful, playful and lovable giant.

"Nevermind." He smiled and shaked his head. The teacher came in and the class started. But Baekhyun felt somewhat uneasy. He glanced at Chanyeol and frowned. 'Something is not right.'