Chapter 8

Wicked ~ 2nd Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 8

Blue sky shone as yellow sunlight arose in the east. The dawn had broken and people began to scatter out from their houses. Farmer was already busy on the field, spreading seeds and harvesting ripe one. Merchant began to open up their tent and started bargaining with buyers. The street began to fill up with people; adults, teenagers, and children.

It had been five years since the war ended and the last emperor died. People thought some assassins from the defeated neighbor country sought revenge. The issue was soon forgotten as new emperor rose and brought prosperity to the kingdom. Laughter and smiled now filled the air. It looked like a perfect picture, or so everyone thought.

“Look at them, so oblivious of everything…Human are imbecile creatures, aren’t they, Yoochun?” a figure spoke as he saw the city view from his window chamber. Smile craved on his lips as he turned around, facing his so-called advisor behind him. They looked at each other eyes to eyes for a while that seemed like forever.

“Your Highness, I don’t mean to be rude, but please restrain yourself,” Yoochun spoke,” Lately…We have too much casualties in the prison…”

“Yoochun, you know I need to eat and you said I can take prisoners,” the figure spoke as he walked passed Yoochun and sat on his mighty seat that belonged to many rulers before him,” Besides, they’re sinned human and their souls fit my taste…Sometime, I just can’t help it but to want more…”

Yoochun sighed. He knew he began to lose control of things. He thought he could control the dark thing inside his dearest friend but he began to doubt that now. Maybe, it was time for him to do something and tell the others about---

“Yoochun, you won’t dare to betray me, will you?”

Yoochun shook his head almost immediately. He couldn’t let his guard down and made stupid mistake now. First, he needed to calm down. He could do this, controlling his emotion was his virtue. Taking a deep breath, Yoochun decided to do his real job for now.

“Your Highness, it’s time for the court meeting,” Yoochun finally spoke as the pitch black eyes in front of him turned into a round innocent puppy eyes he held dear.

“Chunnie, I told you to stop calling me that when there’s only two of us,” the figure pouted as he crossed him arms. Well, he certainly looked like a child rather than an Emperor now.

“But Jae if someone hears it, they---“

“I don’t care what they’ll do and talk behind my back,” Jaejoong finally said,” You’re not only my advisor; you’re also my friend Yoochun.”

“…Okay,” Yoochun gave up. Dealing with Jaejoong wasn’t any easier than dealing with the dark thing. Soon, they’re out on the hallway and made their way to the throne room. Jaejoong leaded the way as Yoochun followed behind him. Every guard they passed bowed and paid their respect to their Emperor.

“The Emperor has arrived...!” one of the servants announced as the throne room door opened.

Jaejoong entered with confidence look on his face. He could see Junsu stood next to his seat and smiled brightly to him. With Junsu around, it was easier to rule. Jaejoong knew he could count on his brother to share his worries ruling the kingdom.

Yunho was standing rigidly on the other side, ready to kill any insect that want to hurt Jaejoong; it made Jaejoong laughed softly inside and felt safe. He knew making Yunho the highest command of the military was a right decision. Though being a general came with a lot of responsibility, Jaejoong knew deep inside Yunho enjoyed it.

 Lastly, there he was, the new court physician, Changmin, sitting on the front line of many official. Jaejoong felt so proud all of the sudden. He noticed Changmin had huge interest in medicine and as soon as he freed him, his half little brother studied like there’s no tomorrow. Jaejoong couldn’t forget how he was so worried that studying and eating were the only thing in Changmin’s dictionary.

“Please be seated,” Yoochun spoke after Jaejoong sat down. Everyone in the room followed and soon they began to discuss tons of things; the taxes, new policy proposal, border wall, and so many things Jaejoong lost counted of. It felt like forever until the meeting ended and every court officials left the room, leaving the five of them. It had passed midday and soon orange dusk would conquer the blue sky.

”My head want to explode!”Junsu screamed his frustration.

”I was seriously considering cutting their tongue if they wouldn’t stop speaking,” Yunho sighed.

“I’m starving…”Changmin added.

“Stop complaining or I’ll hold this meeting more than once a week,” Yoochun warned.

“No! Please Nooo!” three voices chorused together as Jaejoong laughed.

“I’m going to make you all something,”Jaejoong announced as three worried and exhausted faces turned into smiling and shining face,” Anyone want to help me?”

Yunho rose his hand the fastest and it made Junsu complained nonstop that Jaejoong chose him. Well, an Emperor shouldn’t do things in kitchen but Jaejoong loved cooking to much so he ignored the stupid rule. Soon, he finished prepared early dinner for all of them with some of the servants’ help.

They sat down in royal dining chamber as one of them was drowned in depression of how destructive he was, even in a kitchen. Yunho wasn’t providing much of help in the kitchen; Jaejoong made a note to himself to never let his Yunnie stepped into his kitchen ever again.

“See? That’s why you should choose me, hyung!”Junsu said proudly,” I’m sure I can be less destructive.”

“But you’ll end up eating everything, hyung…” Changmin spoke to Junsu with his full mouth. Like always, the two of them ended up bickering and fighting over food. Jaejoong had learned to let them be. Watching them somehow warmed Jaejoong’s heart.

They ended up eating like bunch of kids instead on the highest persons in the kingdom. They didn’t realize that one of them was drowned in his own thought. Yoochun saw Junsu and Changmin were enough to keep Jaejoong busy for now. It was his chance.

“Come,” Yoochun whispered to Yunho as the general nodded. It was the usual signal Yoochun gave when he wanted to talk alone with Yunho; usually about military things that Yoochun thought shouldn’t burden Jaejoong with. There’re, after all, dark things that their precious Emperor shouldn’t know of yet.

“What’s it?” Yunho asked as soon as they were far enough from the dining room.

“This’s going to hurt like hell and you’ll probably think I’m practicing dark arts,” Yoochun explained as Yunho frowned,” Okay screw it; just bite this because I can’t have you screaming.”

Yunho did what he was told; he bit on thick fabric Yoochun gave him. Then, Yoochun bit his thumb until it bleed and wrote weird symbol on Yunho’s palm. The general wanted to raise question but decided to stay silent for now. As Yoochun finished writing, he spoke words Yunho couldn’t fathom. Then, bunch of image stormed Yunho’s head as he felt his head wanted to explode.

Panting, Yunho almost lost his footing if Yoochun didn’t catch him. The general could only lean on as he tried his best to keep his consciousness on the bay. Slowly, the image stopped and so was the pain. Yet, he lost word because the things he saw.

“That’s the real thing happened in the throne room five years ago,”Yoochun spoke,” I’m sorry it takes me so long to finally learn how to unlock his spell.”

“…Wait, whose spell?” Yunho asked, still panting.

“The dark thing inside Jaejoong,” Yoochun answered,” I begin to lose control of it. That’s why I need your and the others’ help to---“

“You know and you don’t tell me anything about it?!” Yunho asked in rage. Okay, angry Yunho wasn’t in Yoochun’s prediction. He meant, he couldn’t possibly tell the others the truth without showing them, right? They would probably think he was crazy and the evil thing inside of Jaejoong could get rid of him.

“Yunho, calm down. Listen to me---“ Yoochun couldn’t finish his sentence as he was thrown away few meters away with a punch on his face. It hurt like hell; Yoochun shouldn’t hurt as much as this, especially after he was turned into one of the dark thing. That was when he realized something was wrong. Yunho’s eyes were pitching black, just like when the dark thing took over Jaejoong.

“!” Yoochun cursed as he jumped to avoid the raging general’s attack. He didn’t expect Yunho to lose control. He knew all of them hid dark thing inside of them and when it took over, everything would be damned. This time, Yoochun would be damned if he couldn’t stop Yunho fast.

-------------------------------------
P.S. So sorry for late update, my RL has been super hectic these days that I've barely time to touch my lappie...I haven't even watched 2 lastest episode of Hannibal TAT Anyway, how's the update? It's not...that bad, right? Ummm...I still dunno how to wrap things in the last 2 remaining chapters, aarrgggg *ignore me* Like always, comments are love XD