Chapter 6

Wicked ~ 2nd Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 6

It was dark when he gained his sense. He could feel his eyes moved inside his eyelids. Opening them, he saw his hands were holding a sword and blood soaked them. Shocked, he let go of the sword until it made a loud noise hitting the floor beneath him, which was flooded with the red liquid.

“You…How dare you---“ a broken voice he knew so well taunted him as he lost his footing. He looked forward and saw the person he used to love bleed out. No, he hated him now, he deserved to die. That person he used to called ‘father’ had hurt too many people by his madness. He needed to perish for his and everyone’s happiness.

Yes…And you are the one who will kill him…Jaejoong ah…

“Noooo!!!” Jaejoong screamed as he woke up from his nightmare. He lost count how many time he had seeing it. He just wished it would stop. Yet, every time he opened his eyes, the reality was worse than his nightmare.

“Jaejoong ah!” Yunho rushed next to him as he held Jaejoong’s trembling’s hands. The prince buried his face on his bodyguard’s shoulder as he sobbed softly. Yunho could only hold Jaejoong as he made soothing circle on his back.

As prince’s personal bodyguard, he had his small quarter next to his prince’s room. So in case something happened, he could rush into his side. Yunho couldn’t remember Jaejoong had any nightmare before the war started. It tore Yunho to see how much Jaejoong changed on his absence. He knew the prince was hiding something; something that hurt him deep enough to almost having nightmare every night.

“Yunnie…will you hold my hand until I fall asleep?” Jaejoong finally asked as he wiped his tears. Yunho nodded and did what he was told. He didn’t ask and Jaejoong didn’t say anything more, they just stayed together until morning came. Yunho didn’t leave; he determined to make sure Jaejoong wouldn’t have another nightmare for the night. That’s the reason why he fell asleep next to his prince.

“Yunho hyung, you’re really my brother’s stalker, aren’t you?” Junsu’s voice woke Yunho up as he got up and greeted the second prince with a bow. Junsu pouted as he walked past Yunho and slowly woke his brother up; they got morning schedule to check how the festival progressing. It was the only thing their kingdom could offer to their people after a long war. They hoped it would cheer the people up and brought their spirit back.

“You can straight your back, Yunho hyung,” Yoochun, who trailed behind Junsu finally spoke,” The second prince is already gone waking up your prince and you’re bowing to me now…”

“Uhh,” Yunho got up as he blushed slightly. Yoochun laughed softly as Yunho sighed. He knew Yoochun and he thought highly of him because his abilities. Yunho couldn’t help but to feel nervous around him. Sometime he wished he could get rid of his rigid self.

“So everyone, we’re going to the city hall after Jaejoong hyung finished changing, okay?” Junsu’s cheerful voice echoed inside the room as Yunho and Yoochun excused themselves. Soon, the four of them were ready and took off by the royal carriage. As they reached their destination, they’re greeted with excited people and workers. Tonight was the deadline for the festival and they couldn’t wait.

There were so many things to do and they decided to split up. Yunho stood near Jaejoong guarding him like a wolf as the prince did his job. Junsu was pouting all the way because he had to be separated from Jaejoong as Yoochun held his hand to stamp the entire document that needed stamping. They took quick lunch break before resuming their work again.

It felt like forever when they finished their work. The sun had set and the festival was ready to begin. Yet, before they could participate, they’re called back to the palace. Well, the festival was indeed for the people and as princes they had other responsibility. Junsu managed to steal apple candies for all of them though; Yunho was surprised he even got one.

“Don’t put such happy face, Yunho hyung. Yoochun is the one who told me the number though I have no idea why he told me to get five, I mean we’re four,” Junsu spoke as Jaejoong looked surprisedly at Yoochun; he knew what it meant. Junsu and Yunho noticed the look.

You need to tell Junsu and Yunho soon…Yoochun’s voice few days ago echoed inside Jaejoong’s heart. He knew it was time, with the war ended, they only had one problem left; the emperor. If Jaejoong wanted to save his dying kingdom, he needed to ask the others’ help to deal with his father.

“Hyung?” Junsu asked as Jaejoong gave a light nod.

“I…I want you to meet someone after this,” Jaejoong finally spoke,” The candy is for him…”

Neither Junsu or Yunho said anything. They waited until they reached the palace and followed Jaejoong. They went through some parts of the palace that were marked as forbidden and that was why Yunho and Junsu had never been there.

“Junsu ah, you know that I love you, right?” Jaejoong said as Junsu nodded,” You have behaved well with Yunho and Yoochun because you know they’re important to me and to you too. There’s another important person in my life, as much as all of you and I want you and Yunho to meet him now.”

“…Okay,” Junsu answered. He wasn’t a spoiled greedy little brother he used to be. Well, he might still be but like Jaejoong said he had learnt to behave. He just got this thing with Yunho he couldn’t explain; he loved to so much.

“He’s a little bit weak and easily gets scared but he’s really smart and a good person,” Jaejoong explained as he was still leading the way,” He has been through a lot. I hope you can be his guide like you have guided me Yunnie and you can be his playmate so he won’t be lonely anymore, Junsu ah.”

“Ummm, you’re missing Yoochun, Jaejoong ah,” Yunho said.

“I’ve met him,” Yoochun answered instead of Jaejoong. Surprise was well written on Yunho’s and Junsu’s face as they began to wonder who this person was. They followed Jaejoong until the first prince stopped absurdly at his track.

“Hyung---What’s---“

“Nooo…please no no!!!” Jaejoong’s panicked voice wasn’t something they expected as the first prince rushed into a room few meters in front him. They followed immediately.

The door was broken and Yunho could see abandoned padlocks shattering around on the floor. The condition inside the room was no better as it was turned upside down. Then, Junsu remembered this was the room he passed years ago when he met Yoochun. He recalled he heard a voice.

“Jaejoong!” Yoochun pulled Jaejoong up,” Calm down, does anyone else know Changmin is here beside us?” Yoochun asked.
“Just the caretaker that takes direct order from my father, but he promised to never hurt Changmin ever again! No, he won’t break his promise…right?” Jaejoong asked as he disbelieved himself for trusting his father again. No, he had enough.

“Jaejoong!” Yunho was surprised when Jaejoong suddenly dashed passing him. He chased after him but somehow Jaejoong was way faster than him. Junsu and Yoochun were tailing behind. It took them few moment to realize where Jaejoong headed; the throne room.

“Stop, no entry is allowed,” the guard spoke in stern voice as Jaejoong pushed them away, but it was useless. He was thrown on the ground as the others reached him.

“I’m the first prince and I’m ordering you to step away!” Jaejoong could feel something inside of him lightened up as anger drowned him. He was about to push the guard and be thrown again but instead, Yunho protected him this time.

“Don’t you dare to touch him!” Yunho threw the guards away as he unsheathed his sword. He didn’t kill them, just knocked them down to unconsciousness. Jaejoong took the opportunity and dashed inside. The rest followed.

It was dark and they could feel something was wrong as they entered the throne room. It was too quiet and they could feel someone or something was watching them. Suddenly, the torches started to light up one by one, showing them something wicked they never saw before.

There was this high statue of unknown creature in the middle of the room. It had horns and inhuman face, more like a bull. Smoke came out from the statue’s nose as they could smell iron on the air. In the middle of all that madness, lied a big stone like an altar. A well-known figure was lying there as blood drenched out from both of his wrist. Jaejoong screamed in horror when he realized it was Changmin.

----------------------------------------------------
P.S. Umm, yeah, the nightmare starts...I was supposed to update earlier today but suddenly struck w/ emoshinki attack after accidentally reading stans' comment and yeah...Anyway I hope my mixed feelings don't mess this chapter up. Comments are love...Because I really need love right now, esp for this broken and tortured emoshinki heart I have *cries*