Chapter 10

Wicked ~ 2nd Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 10

It was in the middle of night and unlike others, tonight was especially quiet; not even a sound echoed inside the palace. The bloody dungeon was on mercy tonight as there’s no feast for the Demon King. The servants had mixed something in the Emperor’s drinking enough to make the beast asleep.

“Hyung is really asleep,” Junsu appeared from the door and whispered almost too soft for anyone to heard, but he knew everybody in the dark small room heard him. Their hearing was beyond normal people after all. Sitting down, Junsu took an empty spot between Changmin and Yoochun; Yunho was sitting across him.

“Good, we can’t have the Demon King notices anything,” Yoochun said.

“Are you sure this will work out, hyung?” Changmin asked.

“I double checked everything,” Yunho answered instead of Yoochun,” We have been learning this spell for five years, no way we’ll fail.”

There was this deafening silence inside the room. It had been five years since all of them remembered what happened to their late Emperor and the darkness that settled inside their current one.

They had searched every way to get the Demon King out of Jaejoong’s body as they tried their best to control it. Yet, lately, it was bounded to lose control. There were few random attacks on the people and they had to turn blind eye on them. Tomorrow everything would change; no more blood.

“So all we need to do is get Jaejoong hyung enter the circle, right?” Junsu made sure,” No one will notice anything and the ceremony will end like it should be.”

Yoochun nodded. Tomorrow, they would have five years ceremony of Jaejoong’s reign. He would walk around family tomb and entered a circle of stones that had been there for generation. There wouldn’t be many people around, except some high official and five of them.

Secretly, Yoochun and the others had placed a spell on the stone circle today. It would separate the Demon King from Jaejoong and send it to its realm; at least they hoped so. The spell used their own blood and five of them had contributed more than enough. That’s why they couldn’t have the Demon King walked freely tonight or their plan would be doomed.

“We should get some rest,” Yunho finally spoke as they got up and got out from the cramped room. Yunho didn’t say anything more as he retreated to his room, next to Jaejoong. Yoochun noticed Changmin was tailing Junsu. The advisor decided to give the sibling some time alone.

“Hyung,” Changmin called.

“What’s it, Min?” Junsu stopped his track and looked at the younger one. Changmin was reluctant to talk but Junsu waited. After years trying to figure out his half-younger brother, Junsu knew there’s time he just needed to wait for Changmin to speak his mind.


“Um…” Changmin started,” Thank you…”

“…What for?” Junsu was dumbfound.

“I…I used to envy you because you spent so much time with Jaejoong hyung. Meanwhile, I could only see him rarely since I was locked. Anyway, what’s I’m saying is I’m glad I have you as my 2nd hyung, especially since Jaejoong hyung is not really Jaejoong hyung lately…” Changmin spoke his mind.

“We’ll get Jaejoong hyung back, Min,” Junsu reassured as he put his hand on Changmin’s shoulder,” And I don’t mind sharing Jaejoong hyung more with you if you share more of your food with me…”

Changmin frowned like a five years old kid whose food was stolen from him. Junsu smiled and laughed as he went to his own room, leaving Changmin there. Alone, Changmin finally realized how long it had been since he saw Junsu really smiled and laughed. He really hoped tomorrow went well so he could see both of his hyung deul smiled more.

After every of them returned to their own room, the palace went quiet until the sun rose on the east sky. Everything was sparkling in gold light for few seconds and soon the day started. People started coming out on streets and did their job. Even the Emperor had woken up and gotten ready for that day ceremony in his room.

“Yunnie, am I wearing this alright?” Jaejoong asked for the thousand times. Yunho just smiled as he nodded for the thousand times. At least, Jaejoong was still Jaejoong when he’s dressing.

“You look fantastik hyung!” Junsu cheered as he entered the room.

“Junsu, where in the world have you learnt such word?” Yoochun, who’d been tailing the 2nd prince, spoke. Changmin came too as he chuckled softly. Junsu protested and almost turned the room into debating conference if Jaejoong didn’t stop him.

“Seriously, I’m going to be late if you two won’t stop bickering,” Jaejoong sighed as Junsu and Changmin finally shut their mouth. They decided to help their hyung fixed his cloth, okay slash that, it was actually almost a dress. Ceremony attire was famous for its many garnishes and it made it looked like a dress.

“It’s time, Your Highness,” one of the servants spoke. Jaejoong nodded and got out, trying so hard not to trip over the cloth or rather dress. They walked past the hallway and stopped in front of one big stoned gate. Yoochun and the others entered first, leaving Jaejoong there alone.

Like a tradition, the Emperor was the last one entered. Jaejoong sprayed some salt here and there, also tradition, to prevent bad things. Little he knew he had one really bad inside of him. Changmin couldn’t help to ache at the irony as he saw his hyung.

Soon, Jaejoong reached the stoned path and walked slowly toward the stoned circle. He didn’t expect anything to happen once he stepped inside the circle. Yet, he felt light headed all of the sudden and everything went black. He couldn’t move as he felt something else began to take control of his body.

Everyone began to notice something was wrong with the Emperor, but Yoochun gave gesture to them that everything would work out like it should be. Suddenly, a cold laughter echoed through the air.

“Why---“ Yoochun couldn’t believe his eyes when Jaejoong’s eyes turned black and stared at him.

“Fools,” the Demon King laughed using Jaejoong’s voice,” Do you think this weak spell can harm me? It doesn’t even tickle…”

“What’s wrong, Your Highness?” one of the official asked worried. It was one of old men who had been faithful since the late Emperor. Before the old man could ask more, he choked out blood as a black shadow pierced his chest.

“HYUNG!!!” Junsu and Changmin cried out at the same time as they rushed forward, only to be thrown back with tremendous force. The other officials began to scatter away in fear; saving their life. Yet, most of them were too old to run and before they could leave, the black shadow got them first.

“STOP THIS, JAEJOONG AH!” Yunho cried out as he took his sword and tried his best to protect the other humans around them, yet, it’s futile. Even with his power, Yunho couldn’t do much in front of the Demon King. He was thrown away and hit the stoned gate till it fell down into pieces on the ground.

“YOUR HIGHNESS---“ Yoochun couldn’t finish his sentence as the Demon King struck him down on the ground. Yoochun could feel both of his shoulder in tremendous pain as the black shadow pierced them like a blade.

“You really disappointed me, Chunnie ah…” the Demon King spoke, using the tone Yoochun knew so well,” I kind of hope you will come up with better plan but using blood spell. You should realize I’m your maker and as servant there’s no way your blood can win mine…”

“You need to be punished, don’t you?” the Demon King continued,” Or else you won’t learn…”

 “NOOO! He doesn’t have anything to do with this!” Yoochun cried in horror when he saw the Demon King was pointing his finger in certain direction. A person Yoochun had told not to come was there; after all the warning Yoochun had told him to skip today ceremony. There, behind the bushes, stood his fifteen years old step younger brother, who’s terrified to death. Yoohwan was frozen stiff.

Yoochun struggled with all his strength, even his eyes turned pitch black, yet he still couldn’t move. All he could do was watch Yoohwan’s body fell lifeless on the ground as the Demon King’s shadow pierced his heart. Crying out, Yoochun could only call Yoohwan’s name over and over again until his sight and voice were too blurred by the tears.

It was when Yoochun remembered the flash he saw back there when he had to tell Junsu what they really were. Everything was basked in red, not the sunlight, more like hell fire.  And it was exactly their surrounding now. Blood splashed everywhere and not even a tint of sunlight. Darkness engulfed everything as shadow conquered them. Everything burnt down into ashes.

-The End of the 2nd Arc of Cursed Series ‘Wicked’-

--------------------------------------------------------

P.S, So that's the end XD I ended up making this Arc really 10 chaptered hahaha...I have to end it like that so I can continue the last Arc XD Hope it's not that bad cliffhanger~~~ *grin* Lastly, sorry for late update...*bow*