Confrontation: The Hidden Truth

Can There Be Change In Neverland?

AJ's POV

The hall light finally went off and I heard Soohyun's door close. It's time. I got out of my bed with my sweatpants and a short sleeved shirt I put on after I had taken a shower. I got up slowly and was making sure no one, especially Soohyun, could hear. I opened my door and slowly closed it. As soon as I had closed my door I heard one open. I stood there scared stiff, hoping it wasn't Soohyun. If it was him I wouldn't have time to completely go back in my room before he cut on the hall light. I stood waiting for the light to just come on. It didn't. What I heard was a door closing and hurried light footsteps moving towords the living room. I sighed quietly, letting out the breathe I didn't know I was holding in. Wait. Footsteps heading towards the front door and walking around in the dark. It was Kevin, I was sure of it.

Kevin's POV

I got up and slyly was able to get out of the room without any noise. I didn't want to wake up Eli or anyone else. I wasn't worried about Dongho. That boy once slept through really bad turbulence on a plane. Before I could fully close the door I sped to get to the door, not worrying when the door shut with a little noise. I was soon outside of the dorm waiting for AJ. It was a little chilly so I was glad I brought a jacket with me. I wonder will he actually come. I was deep thought when I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I gasped and turned to looked at a blushing and shocked AJ.

AJ's POV

I headed towards the front door and when I opened it there was Kevin. He looked like he was daydreaming again. He was looking up into the night sky while his eyes showed he was in deep thought. I placed my hand on his shoulder and it seems I was right. He was startled when I did that and looked at me like a scared little kid. I was shocked at his reaction and was blushing seeing the look on his face.

"I-I'm sorry. I d-didn't mean to scare you." I looked down when I realize I was blushing. Why is this happening? Is it because of finally getting Kevin's attention?  We stood in the chilly air face to face both blushing. Kevin put his hand to his chest trying to calm his furiously beating heart. I apologized again and asked him was he ready. He nodded his head not saying anything, probably because he was trying catch his breath still. We walked, in unbelievely comfortable silence, about 2 blocks before we came to shop that had Kevin looking at me with wide sparkling eyes.

"This place...it's..it's," was all Kevin could say when he the shop we were standing in front of. I looked at him and was trying to hold back a smile. He looked like a kid that ws brought to a toy store. Well actually it was a toy shop. It was like Build-A-Bear but you could choose more than bears. I knew he loved stuffed animals. He would get extra excited when fans would give him teddy bears.

"Are we going in there? AJ please tell me we're going in there. Are we?" His eyes were sparkling with excitement and hope. Icouldn't hold his smile in anymore and chuckled at him.

"Yeah we are. Come on."

Kevin's POV

We were about to go into a fabulous place. How did he know I liked stuff animals? Well it actually itsn't a secret. We went up to the front door and it was dark inside. It looked like no one was inside. It was 3:30 in the morning. I starting pouting and was about to say no one was here when AJ pulled out a key and unlocked the door. How does he have a key?

"How do you have a key to this place?" He turned the lights on and turn to look at me and locked the door.

" Remember when I came in late one day and everyone was...," he stopped mid sentence and looked down with a look saying as if he should continue.

"Remember what? Why did you stop?" He lifted his head but wasn't looking at me. I could feel myself pouting.

"Well...I don't want to sound mean, but I doubt you remember. I came in late and everyone was asking me qusetions while you was on the couch watching tv. You then got up and told them they were being stupid and loud. You also said it would've been better if I..hadn't came back." My eyes went wide and stared at AJ. I wished I didn't remember but I did. I remember it too clearly. It happened a couple of weeks after Hoon and AJ joined the group. I brought my head down and started to play with my fingers.

"I'm sorry." I looked up saw AJ turn from me. Oh no. Maybe he doesn't believe me.

"I'm serious. I really am sorry AJ," I said while grabbing his arm trying to get him to face me. For some reason I felt cold when I saw his back facing me. I turned him around and saw he saw trying to hide a smile. What the hell?

AJ's POV

"I'm sorry." What!? Did I really hear what he just said correctly? He actually apologized to me. I turned around so I could be able to hide the goofy smile that was forming on my lips. I can't believe it. Not only did I finally get Kevin's attention, he actually apologized for being mean to me. I felt a hand pull on my arm and was pulled around to face Kevin. I realized by the confused look on his face that I still had my goofy smile on my face. Then that confused look became one of anger. He probably thought I was playing with his feelings or something and he spoke exactly what I was thinking.

"Why are you smiling? Were you- were you playing with me? Was that the reason behide this? Just to play with my emotions?" Kevin was pissed. He turned to walk out of the door when I stopped him. He tried to shake my grip but when he couldn't he turned with his free hand in the air to smack me. I stopped that hand and without thinking pinned him to the wall next to the store's entrance. He looked surprised with a bit angry still showing while I was just surprised but I wasn't gonna let him get away without explaining myself. It looked like he was still dazed by what just happened so it was now or never.

"Kevin please. I wasn't trying to play with you or your emotions. I was just happy that I finally was noticed by you. Do you know how hard I've tried to get you to not hate me? I know your upset that your boyfriend isn't around you anymore but it wasn't my decision to kick him out. I like you Kevin and really want to be friends. I'm really sorry Kevin." By this time I took my hands off him and we just stood there. I didn't dare look at his face afraid that I wouldn't like the look on his face and also that I furiously blushing.

"I wish things have been different but I can't change the past. I'm sad that management kicked out Kibum and Alexander because I was and am a big fan of U-KISS. I knew the dance moves to almost all of you guys songs. I even tried to do all the lyrics to the songs even though you know first hand why I'm a rapper." I still had my head down but heard Kevin chuckle.

"When I said what back in the lounge was just random. I guess I finally had enough." Then It was silent. The kind of silence made you wish you could disappear into nothing. Finally Kevin broke the silence with a trembling voice. I finally looked up and saw he was crying.

"You're right. It wasn't your fault. To be honest I don't even know why I hate you. I guess I couldn't face the truth about Kibum leaving me. He wasn't my boyfriend. I was too afraid to tell him I loved him as more than a friend. I thought I was able to hide it well from him, you and the others but I guess someone paid attention. Just when I get the courage to confess, the manager told us he was being kicked out of the group. I'm so so sorry A.J. I know I've said a lot now but I don't know what else to do."  We were looking at each other eye to eye. I thought him and Kibum were dating but he didn't even get the chance to confess. I finally understand the reason behind the hate and sadness he felt. He had his heart broken before even giving it away to the person his heart beated for.

Kevin's POV

I couldn't read AJ's face. My heart to beat even faster, if that was even possible. He looked down but look back up in a flash with a smile on his face. He started to walk towards me our eyes still on each other. I knew my face was probably red from doing nonstop blushing but I didn't care. All I cared about was the answer from the older boy who now stood a few inches in front of me.

"Kevin. I'm glad you finally opened up to me. I'm not gonna tell the others because I know you still don't want them to know. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and assume that we're friends now." His smile got even bigger. The smile on his face reminded me of the cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland. Thinking of that I started to smile. A real smile that I haven't done since Kibum left. I nodded my head and then he asked me did I want to make a stuff animal. I was practically acting like Dongho when he gets his way with his hyungs. AJ laughed and took me to where I could choose which animal I want, how to stuff it and I could choose whatever dressing and decoration I could.

" You know, you never told how you got the key to this place." I realized what he said earlier regarding the key. Damn it. Stupid Kevin. I was startled when a balled up hand came in front of me.

"Here." He was still smiling sincerely. I stuck my hand out and realized he gave me a small heart.

"To put in the bear. If you press it, it'll start beating. To answer your question, I went for a walk early that day and was heading back towards the dorm when I saw a old lady struggling with some boxes so I helped her carry the boxes and helped out around the shop. It usual closes at 9 but a group of kids from the orphanage came in. They got seperated from the others because they were playing hide and seek. I stayed with the old lady to help the kids. After they left I walked the old lady home. She really wanted to thank me so I told she could by whenever I would have some time off I could come by and help and that's when she gave me the extra key. That would explain where he went everyday that week we had half scheduled days.  We laughed and talked for hours. It was like I had never hated him for no reason. We both started to get hungry and realized the it was close to six in the morning. We were talking for about 2 1/2 hours straight. I grabbed my finished animals, we locked the store and then headed to the dorms. Walking beside AJ just laughing and talking was..comfortable. I really did feel sorry for hating him just because of our company's decision. I hope now we can be more than just friends, maybe best friends. At least that's I what I'm thinking but my heart was saying something completely. It fluttered when I thought of more than friends but pained when the best friend was added. Maybe, just maybe, I...wanted more.

Here are the animals Kevin made.

plush-toy-stuffed-animal-tiger-clothes-1

362277400_475.jpg

KKKYYYAAAHHH!!! SO CUTE!! <3