Not safe

Revenge

 

 

 

 

 

‘Where was I supposed to look? He could be anywhere. Or lying dead somewhere.’

‘We both know that you are the best person to do it. And with your specialities I know you can find him.’ TOP said as he ride his horse beside his best friend, Taeyang. ‘Be careful. Kim Jong Kook’s men are everywhere.’

‘You should not ask me to leave you at this time.’

‘I’m not asking you. I’m giving you an order.’

‘Is it true that you are going to marry the Prince?’ 

‘It’s the only right thing to do.’ TOP said as he keep his hand to steady his horse.

‘And the Prince? He is young. Is this the life he wants?’

‘He has admit it himself.’

‘Does he know about—?’

‘No.’ TOP immediately cuts Teayang’s words.

‘And you trust him? Knowing who exactly he is?’

‘I will try.’ The image of the boy sitting on his bed while gripping his oversize robe, looking scared overshadow his thoughts about the boy.

TOP frown, he quickly erase the image away.  ‘You’re wasting time. Hurry up.’

With that Taeyang ride away from TOP. ‘Be careful, my friend.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

The book.

He wish he could have more time to read the book before the wedding, but it seems impossible. He can’t think of anything worse than need to rely on someone else for information.

The wedding was fast and private. No feelings involved for them, no wedding kiss, they only speak the words they required to speak. Seungri’s mind was blur and still processing the whole things but one things is clear, no matter what happened now Kim Jong Kook can’t take him away.

‘Come. We must go.’ TOP hold Seungri’s hand in his hand while pull him closer as they move from the tent.

TOP’s men already standby with horse outside the tent. Seungri was a little shock when suddenly two firm hands grap and swing him onto the back of big black horse. Feeling terrified of what had happen to him, Seungri grap the horse’s hair tight and make the horse unsteady.      

A moment later TOP jump behind him and lock his arm around Seungri’s waist.

‘Kim Jong Kook has found out about our wedding,’ the Prince whisper on Seungri’s ear. ‘He will do everything to bring you back. This place is not safe to stay. We need to move.’

‘But we have married—’

‘That still does not make it safe.’

‘B-but I can’t ride. I will only slow us.’ Seungri said as he glance down and then immediately wish he didn’t do that. It was a long way to the ground and his bruise body still don’t recover from the previous fall. ‘I will fall.’

TOP’s arm tightened around Seungri. ‘I will not let you fall. Trust me.’

Seungri was about to protest, but the horse already run forward and he squeeze his eyes shut.

 

 

They ride for several hours. It was so dark and Seungri had lost count the time. He has fall asleep and there is several times when he was awake because his head hit the Prince’s chest.

TOP shift his position to give Seungri a comfortable angle to rest his head. ‘Sleep.’

And Seungri did, because his body and mind has shut down and sleeping against the Prince’s chest seems the safe place he had feel in his life.