Marry me

Revenge

 

 

 

 

Seungri was in pain. Physical pain from falling from the horse and emotional pain from the knowledge that his twin was missing and it was all his fault.

He was the one who suggest this stupid, crazy idea. Yet, he was the one who never did anything stupid or crazy before. He, who always study the consequences first before made a decision, had made an un-mending act.

Maybe it would better if Kim Jong Kook sent Jonghyun somewhere, at least Seungri know his twin still alive.

And now, Jonghun was missing and he was been capture in the hand of his father’ enemy, a person who had more reason to hate him than anyone else.

Under the hood, Seungri staring into those cold black eyes as TOP look at him seriously. The rumour was right, the true heir was a handsome man.

‘H-How do you know me?’ Seungri try to be brave.

‘I study my enemy.’

‘But I’m not your enemy.’ And yet Seungri can’t blame the Prince for think like that, or could he? The Prince’s family had suffered great lost because of his father.

‘Where is your soon-to-be-husband? Did he had turn into wimp and sent a boy as his messenger?’

‘I’m not here because of him. I was with my brother, but I fell from the horse.’  Seungri saw the Prince’s y mouth turn tight. ‘I’m sorry—I—you have to help me find him. Please. He never been alone and won’t have a clue how to survive.’ The thought has made Seungri feel more sad but still the Prince had showed no emotion. No sympathy. Nothing.

‘So where is Kim Jong Kook?’

‘Maybe at the palace, or he could be out there looking for us. I don’t know.’

‘You don’t know? But you getting married to him in a few hours.’

And if that monster found Jonghun first—

The Prince’s words slowly seep into Seungri’s numb brain. ‘You know about the wedding?’

‘I know everything.’

‘If you think I want to marry him then clearly you don’t know everything.’ The tent was dim, but that was enough for Seungri to see the shock in the prince’s eyes.

‘How did you manage to leave the palace?’

‘We escaped. We took the strong and fastest horse to carry us, unfortunately my brother didn’t tell me he can’t control the horse.’ Seungri rub his palm across his bruised back.’

TOP’s dark eyebrow lifted. ‘You both ride on one horse?’

‘Yes. We don’t want to be separated.’ Seungri didn’t tell the Prince that he never ride actual horse before. All he learn about horse and riding is from the book.

‘Something was scaring the horse and my brother can’t control it. I fell and the horse run with my brother. He probably fall too.’ Panic, Seungri try to stand up again, but his body protested and he drop back onto his knees just as two large dogs run inside the tent. They not ordinary dogs, they are the haunt dogs.

Terror the strength from his limbs as he was at eye level with the two large dogs as they came near with their teeth bare at him.

The Prince command something to the dogs and they whimpered and lay down immediately at the Prince’s side.

The fear was so intense and Seungri could hardly breathe. If the dogs could smell fear, he was doomed.

‘You said you were running away. Where you want to go?’

‘You. You were our destination.’ Seungri kept his voice slow and remain utterly still as he watching the dogs. ‘Me and my brother were trying to find you.’

‘On the day of the King’s death? It seems you have inherited the same traits as the King.’

Seungri was about to correct the Prince, but he know this was not the right time. Misunderstandings could be corrected later. Or maybe it didn’t even matter at all.

‘My father want me to marry Kim Jong Kook.’

‘So why you looking for me?’

He had practise hundred ways to say what he wanted to say but every word seems missing under that hard icy cold stare. ‘You’re the rightful heir, but if he married me it will be harder for you to claim the throne.’

The sudden stillness from the Prince’s body means Seungri has got the Prince’s attention. ‘That still don’t answer my question. Tell me why you’re here.’

The rumour say the Prince is intelligence but not in this case! Can’t the Prince see for himself why he was here? Why can’t the Prince see the one solution that would solve this once and for all?

‘I don’t blame you for hating me.’ The words come tumbling out from Seungri’s mouth.

‘If I could change who I am then I would, but I’m asking you to put our problem aside and do what needs to be done.’

‘And what,’ TOP reply, ‘what do you want to be done?’

No one had ever asked his opinion before.

But the Prince has asked him.

The Prince was listening to him.

‘You know what needs to be done. You have to claim your rightful place.’

Seungri pause a moment, wondering whether he should mention about his twin but again decided that the Prince may not have sympathy for them since he hate them to the root.

And to do that you have to marry me. Now. Before he finds me.'