six of ten

1 to 10 Equals Me & You

"Hyung... I can't do this."

Jongin stomped his foot and glared at Kyungsoo, who was sitting at the monitoring console on the other side of the glass divider.

"I'm not born with your voice, hyung. There's no way I can sing as beautifully as you."

Kyungsoo pressed a button on the console and spoke into the microphone on his side. "Of course you can't sing as well as me. But that doesn't mean you can't sing. You have a really nice voice, you know. You have to keep practising if you are to be an idol. I can never dance like you but I never stopped going for dance lessons right? Plus you're tutoring me too. So I'm tutoring you in this. Don't worry on the difficult parts in the song. Just sing. Be familiar with the song and sing. When you become a singer, you don't sing dance covers to be like the original singers. You sing the songs as the original singer. Just sing it your way." He promptly switch off his intercom to the recording room and motion for Jongin to start again. Jongin visibly sighed, but he got ready as Kyungsoo started to play the music again.

When the song was over, Jongin groaned. He knew that he screwed up several times even though Kyungsoo bobbed his head along encouragingly. The song has a rap part and he missed the beat here and there. He pouted sadly at Kyungsoo.

A silhouette can be seen on the other side of the door, seconds before that silhouette rapped on the door smartly and opened the door.

"Kyungsoo, Jongin. Room 3. Now."

 


 

Kyungsoo had never stepped into Room 3, also known as the main office of the trainee management office. It is the room where major decisions regarding the trainees were made. 

Kyungsoo and Jongin were the last to reach the room. Around the big table in the middle were ten other trainees sitting there already, including Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Junmyeon hyung. 

The two boys took the two remaining seats quickly. 

The chief trainer who brought the two boys to the room brought them another news.

"Twelve of you. You'll be in the new group slotted in for debut. From now on, twelve of you will start your debut training together as a team."

The chief trainer went on talking about how they will be splitting into M1 and M2 for training but Kyungsoo wasn't paying much attention. He was gripping Jongin's hand tightly in his. He stole one look at Jongin. 

At least they will be together.