ten of ten

1 to 10 Equals Me & You

It was the last show of EXO'luxion tour. It seemed like the fans were much more excited than usual.

Jongin could only hope that it was due to what he thought it was.

He rubbed his palms together nervously. Let this night work out and let it be beautiful. Please.

The show went on as smoothly as planned. Jongin hoped that it will all go on as smoothly the entire evening.

So far so good. He even spotted some fans smirking knowingly at him.

All too soon, it was time. The other members patted Jongin encouragingly on his back. Of course, they all knew what he planned. All except Kyungsoo. Everyone ran out for the last encore stage and waved happily at the audience. Jongin, on the other hand, went on a separate route, changing out from the encore t-shirts everyone else were wearing. He reached the top of the stage set and got into a harness prepared for him. When the intro for the second encore song started, Jongin's plan kicked into motion.

 


 

Kyungsoo was worried. 

He hadn't spot Jongin at all during the last encore stage. He stopped a hyperactive Sehun running passed him and asked him where Jongin is. Sehun shrugged and pointed somewhere ambiguously. 

"Don't worry, hyung. He just high fived me just now."

Oh well, everyone run everywhere during encore so it wasn't surprising. Just that Jongin always ran with him at some point. Kyungsoo continued on his way.

The second encore song was Lucky. And still no sign of Jongin.

The intro of Lucky started playing and... Kyungsoo could be wrong but... it seemed like he was left alone on the stage. Not just Jongin, but all s seemed to have disappeared. 

It happened purely on instinct that he started singing the song, but what he heard playing out of the audio system wasn't his voice. He checked and discovered that his microphone was turned off. 

His panic system was slow to kick in but when he did, he noticed three things. One, the fans were going crazy, all of them holding up identical hand banners. Two, the voice singing Lucky belonged to his boyfriend. Three, the said boyfriend was descending from the top of the hall. In a tuxedo.

Kyungsoo froze, bewildered.

Jongin reached him in time to the second verse. He gestured for Kyungsoo to look at the fans and this time, Kyungsoo looked properly.

The hand banners they were holding. He could see a few were held upside down but the message were all the same.

Kyungie baby, marry me. -Jjonggu

Kyungsoo's response had the entire hall cheering widely. The other members ran out hugging them both.

 


 

Back in SM headquarters, the head of the publicity department stood next to the fax machine, and kept refreshing the internet portal. When he noticed the influx of alerts of fan accounts, he pressed a button on the fax machine and the machine whirred, sending out the prepared official statement to all major news outlet.

 

 

And so this fic is done :)