three of ten

1 to 10 Equals Me & You

Jongin wiped his face with his towel and looked at the clock. Taemin went for a meeting with the management at 2 o'clock. It was already 4 o'clock now and there were still no sign of Taemin. 

Jongin had been feeling uneasy lately. He had always been with Taemin ever since they were paired together, but for these few months, Taemin had been called to practice with some other trainees, especially with Minho hyung and Kibum hyung. The company is due to debut a new boy group and seeing how Zhoumi hyung and Henry hyung, the two trainees who were deemed to be definitely debut worthy, had been incorporated into Super Junior M, it can be said that the management had already had their eyes on the members of this new group. While Taemin was often called to practice with Minho hyung and Kibum hyung, Jongin was often told to go ahead with his own practice. He was also grouped with other trainees on just occasional basis, nothing concrete. 

And these past weeks. Taemin was slotted for imaging and photoshoot sessions. Taemin never failed to meet Jongin just about everyday and the two boys will talk about their day and then practice together as usual. However, to Jongin, it seems like his partner was all set to sail off, leaving him behind. He wasn't upset, on the contrary, he was delighted for Taemin, but who will he practice with after Taemin's debut? On the other hand, Taemin seemed to be unaware of what his future held for him. 

Jongin jolted to his senses when he heard Taemin rushing into the room, yelling for Jongin. Jongin took one look at his friend and felt all this worst nightmares being made into reality.

Taemin looked really sheepish and seemingly guilty. His excitement, however, kept trying to push its way to surface.

Jongin couldn't help but to laugh at his friend. He couldn't help to have this bubble of excitement rising in his body for his friend. He pulled Taemin close into his arms and the two boys jump around, hugging each other, for quite sometime.

"Jongin ah. I never dreamt of being apart from you but this was what was decided. If I manage to get this, I'm sure you will too, one day. We... We... We will never change right? Who we are to each other, that will never change right?"

"Taeminnie. You've gotten your chance to achieve your dream. I'm not there yet but I will catch up with you one day. No matter where we end up, we can always come back to this practice room, where the only thing that matters is the two of us."

 


 

"Kyungsoo ah. Lunch?"

Kyungsoo looked up to see Chanyeol's head sticking around the door of the vocal practice room. It was a comical sight, as Chanyeol had a bad haircut recently that made his ears seems to be really like Yoda's. Kyungsoo merely grinned and started keeping his stuff.

"We'll be waiting for you in the lobby! Junmyeon hyung is bringing us out to lunch!"

When Kyungsoo arrived at the lobby, Chanyeol was busy talking to another trainee that he doesn't know. He had seen this new boy a few times, but he was one of the long time trainee, had been training for about as long as Chanyeol or so. Kyungsoo never got the chance to talk to him before though. 

Junmyeon was the first to spot him. "Kyungsoo. Come here, let me introduce you to Jongin," Junmyeon placed his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders and steered him over to that trainee talking to Chanyeol. Chanyeol and that trainee stopped talking as they approached.

"Kyungsoo, this is Jongin. He had been training for over three years here already and is one of the legendary dancers here. Jongin, this is Kyungsoo and he has been training for about three months. He is one of the best vocalists I've ever met. Kyungsoo is a year older than you," Junmyeon beamed at the two younger boys. "Kyungsoo recently decided that dance is fun, so do let him tag along you. Show him the ropes or something!"

Kyungsoo bobbed his head a little and said hello softly. Jongin shook his fringe out and greeted his new Kyungsoo hyung equally as soft. Just when Junmyeon pulled on Kyungsoo's arm to lead them out, Jongin tugged on Chanyeol's arm. He whispered softly but Kyungsoo could hear him all the same.

"Chanyeol hyung. This Kyungsoo hyung is scary."

 

It has been a year since Kyungsoo started training and everyday is just about similar. Kyungsoo was learning different things everyday. He recently started joining acting lessons and Kyungsoo was told that he was a natural.

His friend circle was about the same. He had since became friends with more trainees, even the Chinese trainees. If Junmyeon wasn't training to be a singer, Kyungsoo was more than willing to bet on him being a politician. The way he went out of his way to introduce everyone to everyone is amazing.

The first friend he made in SM was still one of his closest friend. They would have been more than friends, if they actually went ahead. After the first time they kissed, they actually kissed for a few more times, but neither of them talked about it. It was as if they never happened. For Kyungsoo, it was better this way. Chanyeol was merely his close friend. He couldn't think of him as his boyfriend. Plus, Chanyeol has this habit of being everyone's fanboy and Kyungsoo sometimes wondered if Chanyeol had kissed anyone else.

Chanyeol's current obsession was a new trainee called Baekhyun. To Kyungsoo, Baekhyun was an over friendly ADHD puppy. This time, however, it seemed like Baekhyun wasn't just a new hobby for Chanyeol. Chanyeol was spending more than usual of his time with Baekhyun. It wasn't long before it became rare to see one without the other.