Chapter 6

Coming Out

You’re perfect.

Eric meant to comfort him, Hye Sung knew that much.  More than anyone, he knew how cheesy and over-the-top Eric can get when he’s trying to comfort someone, like the time Eric basically moved into his flat after his gambling scandal, using excuses like running out of stuff or returning things (that Hye Sung knew he pinched the day before) to gain entry. 

Yet, Hye Sung can’t help but feel shivers up his spine at Eric’s words—at Eric’s touch—despite knowing that it meant nothing to him, or at least, not the way he wanted it to because, of course, he knew Eric.  The guy came close to marrying his girlfriend not just once, but twice.  There was no way someone like him would even consider taking a second glance at him, much less look at him the way he wanted to be seen.

Apparently, Eric was not oblivious to his own words, as he hastily retracted his touch.  Hye Sung studied Eric’s expression as he fiddled in his seat, and wondered if Eric was regretting letting him get too close to him.  Was he worried that Hye Sung may have misunderstood what he said?  After all, the situation now was different from before.  When they could carelessly say such things to each other in the past, the same words can now be interpreted with malice.

 “I-I…”  Eric began with his eyes on the floor.  “What I’m trying to say is—“

“I know.  I get it.”  Hye Sung interjected almost as a reflex, surprised at how strong and stable he sounded when he was barely able to take command of his own emotions.  “I’m a prince so I’m perfect.  Whatever.”   

“Wait, that’s—“

“Look, you don’t have to filter your words around me just because you know I’m gay, alright?”  Hye Sung cut him off a second time, not wanting to hear Eric trying to weasel himself out of the situation.  He would be lying if he’d deny that he wasn’t the least bit angry at Eric's hesitation, but he couldn’t blame him for it.  Everyone would obviously need time to get use to his circumstances.  Besides, Eric has been handling the news better than he expected.  

 The sound of the doorbell broke the tensed atmosphere between them, and Hye Sung felt a weird mix of relief and regret at the sudden interruption.  He turned his attention back to Eric who muttered in a resigned tone.  “I’ll go get the door.”

It was only when Eric left the room that Hye Sung was able to breathe freely again.  Somehow, a part of him wondered if it would’ve been better to have allowed Eric to explain his side.  However, Hye Sung knew that part of him was the part that wanted Eric’s words to mean something else.

With a loud sigh, he stood up and made a beeline towards the kitchen.  A quick check at the wall clock showed that it was almost noon, and he figured that it wouldn’t hurt for him to prepare lunch, considering he had been pretty much useless ever since he arrived to the cabin.

He splashed his face with a couple handfuls of water to help cool himself down, before inspecting the contents of the fridge, which largely consisted of beer.  Then, he pulled out the container that kept the kimchi, as well as a few eggs off the rack, and laid them on the kitchen counter. 

He was going over the cupboards for some sesame oil, when he heard footsteps moving closer, and turned to see Andy walking towards him.

“What are you making, hyung?”  Andy said while casually tapping his fingers on the counter as he studied the ingredients that Hye Sung had prepared.

“J-just kimchi fried rice.”  Hye Sung stuttered in response.

“Oh, leave that to me.” Andy said as he started rolling up the sleeves of his pale pink shirt.

“No, it’s fine.  I can do it.”

Andy let out a series of tutting sound as he turned to Hye Sung “Hyung, I am not planning on dying anytime soon from sesame oil overdose.  So please, let me handle this.”

Hye Sung, not being able to think of a clever retort to Andy’s last statement, decided to give up the fight and stepped aside, allowing the maknae to have full access to the counter.  He watched in silence as Andy started rinsing the rice for cooking, and it suddenly dawned on Hye Sung just how Andy has matured over the years.  He was no longer just the cute maknae that everyone tended to baby around, and has now grown to be someone responsible and dependable—even more so than him.

“Are you planning on standing there all day?”  Andy’s question brought Hye Sung back to the present, and he shifted his gaze to the floor to hide his embarrassment as he timidly walked to the other side of the counter and settled himself on one of the kitchen stools.

He wanted to start a conversation, but found that he couldn’t.  He thought it would be easier to meet with the rest of the members than with Eric, but apparently, this was not the case.  If anything, being with the maknae was more difficult, knowing the troubles he is going through because of him.

“If you’re torturing yourself with guilty thoughts, then stop.”  Andy said just as he finished chopping up the kimchi, and Hye Sung started to wonder whether the members have somehow acquired mind-reading abilities, or if he was just too easy to read.  “If you have to know, I am not doing this just for you.  I’m doing this because I understand where you’re frustrations are coming from”

“Of course, I would have preferred it if you had chosen a calmer method to deal with it.”  Andy added as he sneaked a glance at Hye Sung’s direction just enough to give him a gentle smile, before turning his gaze back to the pan.  It was a minute glance, but even from that short moment, Hye Sung knew that there was no judgement or malice from the maknae’s eyes.  There was only acceptance.  

“Thanks.”  Hye Sung managed to say as tears once again start to cloud his vision.

“Yah yah yah!”  Andy softly berated Hye Sung at the sight of him holding back his tears.  “Hajima!  Eric hyung will kill me if he sees you crying!”

As if on cue, Eric came into the kitchen with his laptop on hand, freezing at the sight of Hye Sung wiping off the tears that managed to escape his eyes.  “What happened?”

Andy shrugged his shoulders in response.  “Nothing.  Hyung was just being his usual self.”

Hye Sung felt Eric’s glance on him for a moment, before he took the seat farthest from Hye Sung in the counter.  “I just spoke with Minwoo.  They’ll be here in an hour’s time.”

“Good.  Any update on the investigation?”  Andy asked without looking up from the pan.

“They say it will take time to scour the footage.  I’ve also given them the go signal to do a full search on our homes.  Hope you don’t mind.”  Eric responded, directing the last statement at Hye Sung.

For a moment, Hye Sung only moved his gaze back and forth between the two men.  The conversation seemed so foreign to him that it almost seemed like they were talking in a different language entirely.  He realized that the maknae knew more about the case than him, which only made him feel even sicker than he already felt.  “Search our homes?  For what?”

“For evidence, Sunggie.” 

“But why? It didn’t happen at home.  Shouldn’t they be asking the building security, or whoever was in charge of handling the CCTV footages?”

Both Eric and Andy exchanged glances with each other, before Eric turned to Hye Sung to respond.  “Based on initial findings, the video didn’t come from the building’s CCTV.  So right now, the source is unknown.”

Unknown?

“Which means,” Eric added with a sigh.  “Someone purposely installed cameras in our dressing room, and that this may not be an isolated case.”

Somehow, despite not understanding half of what Eric said, Hye Sung felt his heart start to race.  “W-what are you trying to say?”

Eric gave Andy another quick glance, before turning his gaze back to Hye Sung.

“Sunggie-ah, we might have a stalker.”

 


 

A/N:

First of all, I'm sorry for the late update.  I had some urgent family business to attend to that barely even allowed me time to sleep, much less write!kkk

So Minwoo oppa is dating!TT 

Well, I expected all of them to be dating anyway (of course, with ricsung dating each other!kkk)  so this news didn't really come as a surprise.  Still, I enjoy being the emotional fangirl and freaking over this bit!kkk

Anyway, hope this chapter wasn't too boring for you guys!kkk  Next chapter might be as boring (lol) as I still need to expound further on the "case of the leaked video". I promise though, this isn't going to be a mystery novel!kkk

Lastly, thank you guys for the comments and subs! The past week was really difficult for me, but reading your comments never failed to bring a smile on my face. I hope you guys will stick around to see how this story develops. ^^

A special thanks to these peope who upvoted my story:

Dianti232                                            luvlybum

Magalith                                             earthy

esluve                                               TopTopsAll

Bunny_RL                                          Dani1204

feelgyo

 

So sorry for only giving my thanks now.  I was thinking of posting another thank you note on your wall for the upvote, but I didn't know if it was ethical to flood your wall that way!kkk

Once again, thank you and until the next chapter! ^^