Chapter Two.

Hollow Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Soobin, wake up!” her sister shook her awake. Soobin yawned and rolled over tiredly, “Go back to bed Sookyu, it’s too early!”.

 

“What do you mean too early? Sis, you’re late! You were suppose to be awake 15 minutes ago!” Sookyu explained as she watched her sister fumble out of bed sporadically.

 

Soobin ran out the bedroom door and down the hallway into the bathroom and fumbled around feeling for her odd shaped toothbrush so she could brush her teeth. She grabbed her hairbrush and ripped it through her hair and into a ponytail it went right after.

 

Turning on her feet and out the bathroom she went and before she could turn into her room, she hit her shoulder on the door frame.

 

She let out a loud whine and her sister who was sitting on the bed laughed at her. “That’s why you need to be careful!” she nagged.

 

Soobin shot her a glare, “It’s hard to be careful when I’m in a rush”.

 

“Well if you didn’t sleep in, you wouldn’t be”

 

“Well why didn’t you wake me up earlier then?”

 

“I shouldn’t have to!”

 

“Girls!! Stop fighting and come eat before it’s too late!” their mother yelled from downstairs.

 

“Do I look okay? Is anything out of place?” Soobin asked her sister who did a look over for her. “Besides your eye boogers, you forgot your contacts!” Sookyu mentioned and left to go eat before she lost the chance to.

 

Soobin fumbled around a bit before finally getting both her colored contacts in. She grabbed her backpack from her bed and left her room making sure she counted her steps and especially counted her steps so she didn’t trip down the stairs.

 

The two sisters began eating quickly.

“Did you enjoy your first day at school yesterday hun? I’m sorry your father and I couldn’t ask you yesterday since we worked until very late” her mother said apologetically as her hands caress her coffee cup.

 

“Yeah. I enjoy school here a lot more” Soobin put on a smile, completely forgetting that she hurt Kris’ hand during yesterday's fall.

 

“I’m glad!” her mother smiled brightly.


 

The two girls finished quickly and headed out the door to school. Sookyu held onto her sister's arm as they happily went to school.

 

“Are you excited to see that cute guy in your class?” Soobin giggled to her sister. Sookyu hit her sister's arm, “Oh my gosh! I was expecting you to forget about that. But yes, I am.” she said with such glee in her voice.

 

“What if he does turn out to be a douchebag like your classmates said?” Soobin asked. The girls made their way onto the school grounds. “I figure he is anyways just by the way he looks at everyone. I have no intentions to date him. He is just nice to look at” she smirked.

 

“It must be nice to see” Soobin pressed her lips together, sulking.

 

“Yah~ quit that. I didn’t mean to brag. It’s not your fault that you were born that way.” her sister furrowed her eyebrows. She hated when her sister brought herself down. This is exactly why Sookyu helps her sister so much because she is so sensitive. Well, who wouldn’t be when their life is made up of darkness.

 

“I know I know” Soobin pursed her lips, “It would just be nice to see colors… and you”.

 

“We’ll find surgery for you, somehow” her sister pouted and tugged her along to class.

 

Sookyu dropped Soobin off at the entrance of her classroom. “Do you need help?” she asked but Soobin shook her head, “No. I remember” she smiled before she walked off to her seat and sat down.

 

Sookyu left and Soobin was greeted by her fellow classmates.

 

“How was your first day of school?” her seatmate Hyohee asked. “It was nice. Thank you for making it a good first day” Soobin smiled happily. “That is a relief. You’re a nice person, I was worried that someone would bully you” she sighed a sigh of relief.

 

“Oh no.. I mean, I did run into someone on accident and he seemed really upset, but that was all” she mentioned.

 

“Definitely be careful. The jocks here are quite rude.” she murmured.

 

The class began to fill with students and the teacher walked in and began to start for the day ahead.




 

“Bro, did my ears deceive me or did I hear that you guys lost?” Xiumin, a friend of Kris’ asked. Kris cursed to himself bitterly. He was still pissed about last night’s game and the more people talked about it, the madder he got.

 

“Some clutz ran into me and I cut my hand on my skate. The didn’t even have the courage to look at me and apologize. I’m going to find her and make her pay!” he clenched his fist in a ball and smacked the desk underneath him.

 

“What did she look like? Perhaps we can help find her?” Kai, another friend of Kris’ suggested.

 

“It’s hard for me to give you details when she looks like a regular student, the only thing is that I’ve never seen her before” he mentioned.

 

“A new student?” Kai hummed to himself.

 

“Don’t worry about it guys. I’ll find her and bring her to you all” Kris crossed his arms before getting up and leaving the classroom for a quick pee break before class.

 

Sookyu finally walked into class. Walking past Kris gave her stomach a few butterflies, but they disappeared quickly. She took her seat by the window and waited for class to start. She listened around to the other students talk about nonsense, nothing that was worth her putting in her two cents.

 

She felt more relaxed today because it seemed that her sister was going to fit in with no problems.




 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter