Chapter Three

Hollow Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai and Kris stumble into the school building half awake, late. “This is what happens when I have to go and rescue your from some prick!” Kris grumbled to himself, angry that he had to go out of his way to rescue his friend.

 

“Hehe...Sorry.” Kai grinned to himself and touched the back of his head. Kris rolled his eyes. He was sick of Kai picking fights with thugs. “Hey, there’s Sookyu! Oh! That must be her younger sister” Kai pointed out as he watched Sookyu and Soobin leave each other. Kris’ eyes wander passed Soobin’s classroom and tries to get a peek of her inside, but still only sees the backside of her.

 

“From her backside, there’s nothing special about her” Kris grumbled to himself as he remembered that Sookyu said that she was too good for her.

 

“Are you still bitter about that?” Kai chuckled.

 

“NO” Kris hollered trying to make it seem like it didn’t bother him, but only convinced Kai more that it did.

 

“Suuuuure” Kai replied.

 

“I just want to see how “special” she really is. I want to rub it in Sookyu’s face when she finds out that her sister can’t get enough of me!” Kris gritted his teeth.

 

“Bro, don’t let your competitive side get ahead of your emotions. I mean, she’s not a game” Kai said getting a little worried for Soobin’s sake.

 

“I just made it into one! I will win her over and then crush her heart and then I will find that that cut my hand” Kris hissed.

 

“You can find that who ruined our winning streak, but don’t with Soobin or else Sookyu won’t ever go near me again” Kai pleaded.

 

“Whatever” Kris grumbled.



 

“Hey Soobin, you’re late!” her friends greeted her. She let out a small giggle, “Yeah, Im sorry. I misplaced some things and I couldn’t find them and my sister was running late too.” she apologized.

 

“Hey, do you wanna come over to my house after school?” Hyohee offered. “Omg, yes!..... Oh… I have to take the test after school. Another time Hyohee, I’m sorry” Soobin apologized as she rubbed her hands together.

 

“No no no~ It’s perfectly fine. I will make arrangements for you to come over another time, don’t worry about it” she smiled happily trying to reassure the girl.

 

“THE TEST! I FORGOT TO STUDY!!” Yuna shrieked as she desperately searched through her backpack to get a quick moment of studying in.

 

The teacher soon walked in and everyone greeted him. “I apologize for being late. I had trouble with the printer. You almost had another day to study for the test!” he chuckled.

 

The students whined loudly in desperation that the printer has stopped working all together so they could have an extra day.

 

“Oh, the test isn’t that bad…. If you studied” he smirked sadistically. With that remark, Yuna thumped her head on the desk in despair.

 

“It’ll be okay” Soobin rubbed the girl's back.

 

“Everyone begin to put your things away and Soobin… you can just take a nap or something” the teacher chuckled. Soobin followed orders and put her head down for a small nap until the test was over. Might as well get a nap in so she won’t be cranky and tired when he gives her the verbal test.



 

“Hi Sookyu” Kai smiled as he leaned over her desk, invading her space. She looked up with an annoyed expression. “What do you want Kai?” She asked. “How do you know I want something?” he asked shocked, acting a bit hurt. “Because you’re being quite clingy” she stared him.

Kai ran his fingers through his hair and let out a long breath, “Okay. I admit it. I wanted something”.

“What did you want?”

“I wanted to ask you if you would reconsider going on that date with me.”

Sookyu sighed a bit, “When?”


 

“Tomorrow night?” he said with a bit of a grin.

 

She thought long and hard about her decision before deciding on an answer, “Is Kris going to go?” she questioned. Kai shook his head, “Oh no! If you don’t want him to go then he doesn’t have to, I just suggested it to make it seem a little more comfortable if you’re sister was there”.

 

“As much as I don’t like Kris…. I will let him talk to my sister just this once.” she gave in.

 

“Are you serious?” Kai and Kris said in shock. Kai looked at Kris startled since he wasn’t around when they were originally talking. Kris took his seat next to Kai and stared at Sookyu, “I thought your sister was ‘Too good for me’”?

 

“Oh she is! But because I would feel more comfortable with her with me, I reconsidered” she shrugged. Kris let out a smirk of satisfaction.

 

Sookyu leaned over and smack her hand down on Kris’ table to snap him out of his egotistical thoughts, “I will warn you though. If I find out that you hurt my sister in any way, shape, or form…. I will break your neck!” she threatened.

 

“Oh calm down!” he said irritated by the girl's manner.

 

“I mean it. I will kill you. My little sister is everything to me and more. If you even TRY anything that she is not comfortable with, JUST ONE WORD, I will find you immediately” she gritted her teeth.

 

Kris cocked his eyebrow feeling intimidated a bit but not enough to show Sook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter