Seven

Yesterday's Memories
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hoya sighed as he looked around his empty room. He was currently in the process of packing up some of his belongings so he could make an extended trip to Los Angeles for some medical treatment for his leg. Throughout the years, he had multiple leg and ankle injuries from dancing and these injuries were exacerbated by his time in the military. As a last resort he decided to temporarily move to California so he could receive better treatment as well as some privacy. He had recently proposed to his girlfriend and since then it seemed like everyone wanted to know about his personal life, which was something that he did not want because he valued his privacy. It didn’t help that his fiancé was an actress so she was in the spotlight too and she had different views on the matter.

Hoya limped around his room in the dorm that he shared with Dongwoo and Woohyun, who had recently moved in due to Sunggyu moving out due to his recent marriage. He began filling his suitcases and duffle bags with some of the items that he would need while abroad. He was ordered to not lift any heavy items due to his injury however, he was stubborn and hated asking people for help, even if he really needed it, so he didn’t listen to his doctor’s orders and had his room mostly packed up and ready to go.

He saw a pile of clothes located in the back corner of his room and decided to just throw them in one of his bags. He had no idea how long that pile was there, mainly because he had been absent for two years but it also didn’t help that he kept his room messy most of the time. He grabbed the pile and shoved the clothes in one of his suitcases, not bothering to check if they were clean or not. When he walked, or rather limped, back to the area where the pile had previously been, he noticed an unfamiliar box. He had no recollection of this box being here and he was curious of its contents.

After trying a few times and failing to carry the box, he decided the best way to move it would be to push it across the room. When he finally managed to move the box across the room and up on his bed where he could comfortably sit, he opened the box and began to look at its contents. On the top was a sweatshirt that he hadn’t seen in years; in fact he thought he’d lost it.

He was actually excited to see what else was inside this box.

Until he discovered what was underneath his lost sweatshirt.

Hoya reached inside the box and grabbed a stuffed bear wearing a purple bow around its neck. He remembered giving this to someone who he had loved with all of his heart. Someone who he regarded as his soulmate, and in some ways, still does.

That person is you.

He placed the bear to the side and grabbed a stack of papers that were held together by a paper clip. Hoya immediately knew what these were because he recognized his own handwriting.  Since Hoya was away from home quite often due to his job, he would hide little notes and various drawings around your apartment for you to find them while he wasn’t there. He was actually shocked that you kept every one that he hid and just thinking of your reaction to finding these little notes brought a small smile to his face.

He placed them aside and began looking at the other items that you had returned to him. After digging through various trinkets and pictures, he stumbled upon a box tha

Please log in to read the full chapter