Four

Yesterday's Memories
Please log in to read the full chapter

You sighed to yourself as you looked out to the beautiful Seoul skyline. It was currently night so your eyes were met with various buildings illuminated with brightly colored lights. You were currently sitting out on your hotel room’s balcony just taking in this beautiful sight. In fact, when you lived here this was one of your favorite things to do. You were back in Seoul for your dear friend Tsuki’s wedding to Sunggyu. At Tsuki’s request, you arrived a week early so you could help her with some last minute preparations along with getting over the jetlag that you were bound to have from traveling. You arrived earlier in the day and had some major jetlag from traveling and the time change so you took a nap as soon as you arrived to your hotel room.

Once again another sigh left your lips because you were stressing over the events that were happening within the next week. Tomorrow you were having dinner with Tsuki and Sunggyu along with Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, and Sungjong. Woohyun and Hoya were both finishing up their mandatory military service; however, they both will finish their service the day after tomorrow. You were dreading this dinner because you hadn’t spoken to any of the members of Infinite since before you broke up with Hoya and you didn’t know if any of them were mad at you for what you did. Thankfully tomorrow was the only day that you were going to see them until the wedding. Your plan was to lay low until the day of the wedding and help Tsuki with anything that she needed without running into anyone who you didn’t want to see, the main person being Hoya. The wedding was already going to be awkward enough and you didn’t want to see him more than you had to.

The mere thought of seeing Hoya again gave you goosebumps, mainly because you were scared of seeing him for the first time in three years after you broke his heart. Not to mention that you had no idea if he would be there with his new girlfriend and you really did not want to have an encounter with her as well. There was also a very small part of you that was excited to see him, even if you didn’t want to admit it.

After a few more minutes of thinking to yourself, you decided to head back inside to try and get a good nights sleep and get accustomed to the jetlag that you had.

You were woken up by the loud sound of your phone ringing.  In your groggy state you grabbed your phone and answered it without checking to see who it was.

“Mhhmm…” You mumbled a quick greeting, still trying to wake up.

“Oh thank god you answered ______!” Tsuki’s cheerful voice echoed through the phone.

All you did was grunt in response.

“Did I wake you up?”

“No. I just have a mad case of jetlag.” You said as you rolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom. “Anyways, what do you want Tsuki?”

“I have a favor to ask you…” she trailed off, leaving you wondering what she could possibly need.

“Sure,” you paused as you glanced at your reflection in the mirror. Even though you were incredibly tired, it didn’t show on your face thankfully. “What do need me to do?”

“I really hate to ask you this and it’s kind of embarrassing especially since I told you that I’ve been trying to improve it but I need your help with dinner tonight.”

Tsuki was talented in many fields however if there was one thing that she was terrible at it was cooking. You on the other hand, were pretty good at cooking so you understood why she was calling you, especially on a night as important as this.

“Of course I will help you. What exactly are you planning on making?”

“Well… I was hoping that you had some ideas since you are better at these kind of things.” She confessed. This just made things a little bit more difficult. This would mean that you would have to rush and plan an entire meal for a rather large group of people.

“Tsuki you should have had this all planned before the day of the dinner! Do you have any idea how much stress this gives me?” You complained. You had no problem helping her cook the meal however since she had no idea what she was going to cook this would mean that you would need to go and help her find the ingredients for whatever she planned on making.

The two of you continued discussing the plans for the dinner and agreed that going shopping for ingredients was necessary. You gave Tsuki your hotel information and she agreed that she would meet you there in an hour.

A little over an hour later you and Tsuki could be found at a grocery store near her apartment. You couldn’t help but feel a little uncomfortable as the two of you scanned the isle looking for one particular ingredient because off in the distance, there were a group of girls taking pictures of you two with their phones or what appeared to be expensive cameras. They also made sure to cover their faces so they would not be recognized. It was almost as if Tsuki could sense your uncomfort so she explained the situation to you.

“Some of those girls run fansites for Sunggyu or they’re fans of Infinite.”

Please log in to read the full chapter