Five

Yesterday's Memories
Please log in to read the full chapter

The wedding hall was decorated with beautiful white roses and lilies, which were Tsuki’s favorite flowers. You sat near the back of the room, trying to avoid any contact with a certain dancer. It was nearing the end of the ceremony and so far you hadn’t even seen Hoya, or his girlfriend, which made you less stressed.  All that was left of the wedding was the end of the ceremony pictures and the pyebaek, a traditional Korean ceremony for family members only. Since you weren’t part of either family you could leave once pictures were done.

Before you knew it, it was time for Sunggyu and Tsuki to kiss, signaling that the ceremony was over.

“They are such a beautiful couple,” Tsuki’s older sister said next to you. “Sunggyu is such a good guy for her.”

“He really is,” you replied, even if you didn’t agree after the events from a few nights prior.

By now people were rushing to go congratulate the new couple but you and Tsuki’s sister stayed behind and continued your conversation. “We wish that you could be present for the pyebaek. I know that Tsuki really wants you there but we don’t want to anger Sungggyu’s family since they are so traditional. We were even shocked that they agreed to let them marry since Tsuki isn’t full Korean. ” She confessed. Tsuki and her siblings were half Korean and half Japanese. She spent most of her time with her mom’s side of the family who were Japanese because her dad left her mother for another woman shortly before she was born. Her mother was so upset that she didn’t even give Tsuki her dad’s last name as per Korean tradition. Instead she was gifted with her mother’s Japanese name. The reason why she spoke both Korean and Japanese was because she learned both from her mother, who had learned Korean as her second language.

“It’s probably for the best that I don’t attend the pyebaek. I don’t want to upset anyone more than I already have so-“

“Noona!” Someone interrupted you. You looked around and saw the ever so bubbly Sungjong waving frantically to get your attention. You politely excused yourself from your conversation with Tsuki’s sister and began to walk to Sungjong but stopped when you saw the back of someone’s head. Even though their head was shaved and you couldn’t see any facial features you knew who it was. You stopped walking towards Sungjong and just simply waved before trying to get away but he wasn’t having it. “Noona over here!”

You shook you head and whispered “No Sungjong.” At that exact moment, the person who was next to him turned around and you saw his expression change from happy to angry. Even with his angry expression, there was no denying that he was still beautiful to you. It was Hoya, the person whom you have been trying to avoid throughout the entire ceremony but that plan had obviously failed.  The two of you locked eyes for a brief moment before you looked down and heard Tsuki calling your name for pictures.

The time had finally come where all the guests gather at the front of the altar to take a group picture with the bride and groom. Once this was done, then you could go back to you room and prepare for your flight home tomorrow. While the photographer was positioning everyone, you couldn’t help but feel like you were being watched and you knew who it was. It felt like an eternity for the picture taking to be finished and for the bride and groom to leave and prepare for the pyebaek. When all was said and done you practically bolted for the nearest exit however, someone blocked you from exiting.

“Noona why didn’t you come over and talk to me earlier?” Sungjong asked.

You sighed before replying back to the younger man. “Sung

Please log in to read the full chapter