Chapter 13

Silent Warriors

 As always, none of the characters mentioned in this story are related to any real person
hello it's me, i'm alive. sorry for the lack of updates but i'm in the middle of exam period.....taking exams for 4 months now...it's been pretty rough.


Hours passed and Hoya had lost count of how many. Investigators had come and fetched their gowns, packing them in evidence bags. Woohyun though, had been close to beat one of the officers up. They had washed their hands well, even under their nails. The officer had accused them of destroying evidence and that they'd be sentenced heavily for it. If the supervisor of the officer wouldn't have jumped in, Woohyun probably would be in custody for beating up a police officer. They had changed into gowns of the surgical ward.
 

Sungyeol's family had arrived soon after Sungyeol had been rushed into surgery.
Hoya barely recognized Mrs. Lee. Her face was flooded by tears and her nose was red. Mr. Lee looked just as bad, though his face was rather red than tear stricken. And Sungyeol's little brother, Daeyeol, tried to keep his emotions in. Every now and then he pursed his lips, his arms crossed as he dug his nails into his biceps.

 

Woohyun was holding the distraught woman in his arms, shielding her from the noises of the hallway. Mr. Lee had pulled Hoya into a tight hug as he thanked him over and over again that he had helped his son. Upon hearing her husband say  “If you wouldn't have looked for him, god knows what would have happened...” Mrs. Lee let out a heart clenching sob as she aimed a hit towards her husband. She failed though, as she went back to cling onto Woohyun.
 

Mr. Lee pulled his wife to him, giving Woohyun some space. Hoya watched the family crumble in front of him silently. He had wanted to reassure them that everything would be fine, that it wasn't as bad as it sounded. But he couldn't, because he didn't know much himself about Sungyeol's condition. All he knew was that the younger had suffered many blows to his body, stabs Hoya had given up on counting. His lung had been pierced, ribs broken and probably other organs were hurt. The amount of blood that was in Sungyeol's office had scared Hoya. Only now did he fully realize the alarming extent of his injuries. From the blood loss to the shock Sungyeol had suffered.
 

Hoya's beeper pulled him from his thoughts. Woohyun had already sat back down, Daeyeol next to him. “Woohyun, we need to go-” Woohyun's glare shut Hoya up. If looks could kill, Hoya would have already been flamed to death.
 

Mrs. Lee, who had stopped crying a few hours ago, looked between the two. “Woohyun are you on shift?” He looked at Mrs. Lee. She looked sick and fragile, her eyes swollen. Woohyun pursed his lips. “I am.” 
“Then go. It's going to be a distraction for you. The surgery won't go by faster if you wait here too.” It was Daeyeol. Of course it was him, just as responsible as his brother.
“I'm going to be notified right away the second he gets out of surgery, Woohyun.” Hoya said. It was an unspoken promise, that he would take the nurse with him.

 

Woohyun reluctantly pushed himself up. “Well, then I should go. What will the station just do without me, its saviour, right?” He cracked a tiny smile. Sungyeol's family followed his actions as their lips curved upwards a little.


“Yeah, oh great station's hero. Your help is needed.” Hoya bowed to the family as he pulled Woohyun with him.
“He's going to be transferred to our station right?” Woohyun didn't even glance at Hoya as he kept staring ahead.


Hoya didn't reply immediately. The two walked in silence for a while.
“He's definitely going to be sent to us to watch over him after the surgery.”
Woohyun harshly grabbed Hoya's arm, making them both stop in front of the stairs and elevators to the next house.


“You didn't answer my question. Now listen. I don't care what or how you do it, but he's going to be on our station. I don't want any doctor to treat him. I don't want to see any other nurse tend him, okay? It's Sungyeol. This is about Sungyeol. Use your damn influence for once for the right thing and get him into the ICU.” Woohyun shoved Hoya slightly, as he stomped up the stairs angrily.
 

Hoya just stared at Woohyun's retreating figure. He rubbed his arm. “So demanding. He and Sungyeol, I can't believe they didn't rip each other's head off yet.” He grumbled as he followed the nurse up the stairs.
 

The station was eerily silent. Only the shuffling and camera sound of the crime scene investigators broke the heavy atmosphere.
Woohyun had already been pulled aside by Dongwoo and two other nurses. Hoya went straight into the ICU.

 

Around nine hours had passed and Hoya got a call from the surgical ward. The officers were still working in Sungyeol's office. Hoya had just picked up the call as two agents were walking up to him. Hoya turned around and walked towards the nurse lounge to find Woohyun. He was still on the phone with the surgeon as a sturdy hand packed his shoulder and turned him around. Hoya let out an angry hiss as the agent stared at him with raised eyebrows.
 

“Doctor, you need to answer us a few questions. We were told you were the only one who witnessed the crime.” Hoya stared at the two agents for a total of two seconds. He excused himself for a short time from the surgeon, lowering the phone slightly from his ear.

“It took you” Hoya looked at his wrist watch “ten hours to come and ask me to answer your questions. Ten hours. No, I can't right now. As you can see I'm having an important call.” Hoya held up the phone back to his ear, continuing from where they had stopped. He turned around slightly. The agents didn't seem satisfied with his answer, so they took a hold of his arm. “Sir, you need to come with us to answer us a few questions. It won't take long.” Hoya gave them a disturbed look.

 

“I'll call you back in a few minutes.” Hoya ended the call. He pulled off the hand that was holding onto him. “You had ten hours to find me. I don't have time now. If you would excuse me, I need to get my patient from the surgery rooms.” Hoya went to the nurse lounge, the agents following him. It annoyed Hoya to no end. Upon entering the lounge, he looked for Woohyun. The agents tried to enter, but were sent out by Dongwoo. “You can't enter here, by all means. The crime scene is in the office down the hallway. Unless you have a judicial decree.” Dongwoo had said as he pushed the partners out of the door.
 

Woohyun was sitting in front of a computer, furiously typing away.
Hoya cleared his throat slightly as he leaned over Woohyun. Woohyun stopped typing and looked up into Hoya's serious face. 
“Sungyeol just got out of surgery. I couldn't talk much to the surgeon, since dumb and dumber kept holding me up.” Woohyun gave an acknowledging sound. Hoya took a step back to give Woohyun space to stand up. The nurse pushed an empty file into his hand before he walked out of the lounge.


Hoya had tightened his hold on the file. Lee Sungyeol, 27.08.1991. On his way back to the surgical ward, Hoya called the surgeon again. She had explained him a few things, though apparently there was more to talk about.

Woohyun had been waiting for him, Hoya guessed. They both entered the ward, where they saw a hysterical Lee family. Sungyeol apparently had already been transferred into one of the rooms. That didn't sit well with Woohyun, and neither with Hoya if he were  honest.

The surgeon came out of Sungyeol's room. She gestured Hoya to follow him to his office. Woohyun tagged along. The surgeon seemed to be against Woohyun following them but Woohyun's expression promised a painful death if he was sent away. He was really scary and Hoya asked himself if Sungyeol would ever see this side of his best friend. Probably not.

Hoya and Woohyun took a seat in her office. She didn't go into detail, as she shallowly explained what they actually already knew.


“His body took quite a heavy blow. Four ribs are broken, one pierced his lung. He was really lucky that it didn't even scratch his heart or aorta. He had a total of fifty seven stab wounds, around fifteen were deep enough to harm his organs. He lost quite a lot of blood. Just three minutes later and he wouldn't have woken up.”


Hoya took it all in. The surgeon continued. “His nose is broken and he suffered a cheekbone fracture. His spleen ripped. That explains the shock he was in. His bowel was transfixed.” She paused as she read through her notes. “The classic signs of an abdominal trauma.”


She didn't try to hide the truth, she was making it clear.
Woohyun had his head bowed as he played with his fingers, lost in his own thoughts.
“Please write a report for me. I have a room ready for him on our station.” The doctor looked up from her notes. “Excuse me?” She stared at Hoya, who stared back. 

“I'm sure you heard me right, ma'am.  I'm an internist, he's under my care from now on.”
She stared at him with slightly open. “No, he's going to stay on the surgical ward. He's my patient and we already have a room for him. After twenty four hours, I expect him back on this station.”
Hoya pursed his lips. “He's a high-risk patient.” Hoya heard Woohyun take a hard breath. “You have no qualified doctors who could help him immediately.”
The surgeon got visibly angry. “You're going against the rules, this is going to have consequences, doctor.” She attempted to end the conversation but Hoya didn't have any of it. 

“What rules are you talking about? This is a smaller hospital. Do you think we're in the university clinic? I don't know if you noticed it or not, but this is a private hospital. We might have been a government hospital before but that was years ago. If you want to keep high-risk patients at your ward then I advise you to switch to the uni clinic. As long as I am here, no patient will be put in danger and left on a ward where there's no right facilities. I'm taking him with me and he's going to be treated by me- no one else. You did your job and now it's my turn to get him back onto his feet again. If you have a problem with it, by all means go to the hospital director and tell him why you're angry. But I expect you to write a report with all the details and fax it over to the ICU.” Hoya stood up, smoothing his gowns. Woohyun followed Hoya out of the door.


“You lied.”  Woohyun stated as he pulled the door open.
“Of course I did. Otherwise she wouldn't have let Sungyeol stay. I know we're a big hospital and I know that he's supposed to stay in the surgical ward for adults.”
They both knew that Sungyeol probably was now on the way to the ICU anyway.


Within five minutes they had gone back to the station. The silence had been replaced by fussing nurses and doctors. A team of five nurses were getting Sungyeol's room ready. Apparently the Lee family had been sent to the ICU. 

“Talk to them, tell them why Sungyeol's going to be here now.” Woohyun gave Hoya a little push towards the family. Hoya tripped a little, catching his balance before he fell face forward. He sent Woohyun a glare- He wanted to retort, say that Woohyun was the long time family friend not him. But Hoya was the doctor who would take up Sungyeol's therapy, so he had no other choice.


Hoya led them to a table with four chairs in the hallway seperating the ICU and IMC.
“Sungyeol's stable so far. He came through the surgery well. They wanted to keep him on the surgical ward, which I opposed. It's better if he's here with us. We have a competent team who can help him more than the surgical ward.” Hoya felt highly uncomfortable in his skin.


Mrs. Lee wasn't even looking at him, she was staring onto the table. Mr. Lee was trying to focus and Daeyeol listened intently.
None of them spoke up. Hoya didn't know how to continue, so he sat in awkward silence, waiting for one of them to speak up and ask questions. They didn't.


Only a few minutes had passed as a small hand nudged his arm. When he turned his head slightly to the side, Hoya felt like his heart plummeted right out of his pants.
“Mr. Lee? Where's Dr. Lee? Something happened, right? Is he fine?”
Hoya gulped visibly. He hadn't expected the small boy to find him. He looked up with his big eyes, uncertainty shining through.


Hoya glanced towards the family. All eyes were on them. Mrs. Lee's eyes had filled up with tears again.
“Oh, hey Myungdae.” He ruffled the kids hair lightly. “Dr. Lee, hm? He's fine! He's just sleeping right now. You know how adults are, right? Constantly sleeping and complaining.” The small boy giggled lightly. “Yeah. When will he wake up? I still want to thank him.” A tiny smile had crept up Hoya's face, which vanished instantly again.

“He's very tired Myungdae. I'll tell you immediately when he wakes up, yes?” Myungdae's smile dimmed lightly. “Is he sleeping like my mother? They told me she was resting and that she wouldn't come back for a while now.” Hoya bit his lip. “Oh no, no. He will be back soon.” Hoya leaned forward a little and started to whisper. Sungyeol's family was still watching them.

“Do you want to meet Dr. Lee's family? Maybe you can be friends with his little brother.” The boy nodded enthusiastically.
“Fine then!” Hoya smiled again.

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Lee, Daeyeol. This is Myungdae. He's Sungyeol's youngest patient. A survivor of an airplane crash. Myungdae, these are Sungyeol's parents Mr. and Mrs. Lee.” Myungdae shook each of their hands. “And this is Daeyeol, Sungyeol's little brother.” Daeyeol shook the still stricken child's hand softly.
This time, it was Mr. Lee who couldn't control himself as tears silently fell down his face while watching the child with soft eyes.

Sungyeol's bed was rolled onto the station two hours later. Hoya was furious that it took so long but he didn't say a word. He didn't want to risk anything.

Hoya had no other choice than ask the family to leave the station since visiting times were over. Woohyun had sent him murderous a glare. Hoya had no choice though. Woohyun offered them to drive them to his shared apartment, which they refused. They already had booked a hotel to reside in for the next few weeks.
 

He hadn't seen Sungyeol yet. Dongwoo did though, and judging how the nurse had come out of the room paler than chalk, Hoya assumed the worst.
He didn't want any nurse or doctor to follow him inside. Woohyun ignored him and went inside. Of course he would, Hoya thought. He wasn't Sungyeol.

 

Hoya didn't know when it turned into a habit for nurses not to wear any gloves, as he eyed the nurse in the room. Woohyun was standing there, a meter away from Sungyeol's bed. He just stared at Sungyeol's unconscious form.


Hoya kept his gaze down, trying to prolong the face-off. When Hoya looked up though, his breath caught in his throat. His mouth felt dry. He was gripping the file so hard that his knuckles turned white.
 

Sungyeol's whole face was swollen and bruised, his lip busted lightly. 
It was an unsettling sight, seeing Sungyeol in that bed, in a huge room, hooked up to all these machines. It was an unsettling sight to know that Sungyeol wasn't breathing on his own currently, that he wasn't really alive either.
He stepped closer to the bed and pulled the working table to him. He placed the file on it before flipping to an empty page. Hoya inspected Sungyeol's batchered body.

 

A tube was sticking out of his throat.
Woohyun hadn't moved a limb ever since they had entered the room. He was just staring at Sungyeol's half covered body.

Hoya tried to keep himself together once again. He didn't dare to pull down the sheet that was covering the rest of Sungyeol's body.
He flipped back to the first page. A human body was drawn onto it. He started to highlight every injured part of Sungyeol's face on the paper. It took him roughly five minutes to document every bruise and swelling. With slightly shaking hands he pulled the sheet down to his hips. 


Hoya let out a strangled sound, Woohyun suppressed a scream with pressing his hands against his mouth. Sungyeol's whole chest was bandaged up, only the thorax drainage, CVC and a drainage in his stomach was peeking out. The tracheotomy had been too much to handle, but seeing how the bandages had to be changed because they had soaked in quite a lot of blood again made Hoya feel even more sick.
 

He started to draw in all the visible injuries. Woohyun left without a word and didn't come back. Hoya preferred it. He'd tell Woohyun later to take a few days off and to rest a little. It took him twenty minutes. Hoya didn't know much about taking care of patients. It wasn't part of his education. So he did his best to make it as comfortable for Sungyeol as he could.


Hoya's pen hovered over the paper for a good ten minutes as he tried to collect his thoughts. He knew that Sungyeol wasn't in pain. It was obvious, with how Sungyeol was in an artificial comatose state, caused by painkillers and sedatives.


It was still surreal to Hoya. He still expected Sungyeol to wake up and laugh at him, tell him that it had all been nothing but a prank.
He was about to continue with his documentation, trying to pull himself together. As Hoya tried to mentally prepare himself for what he was  about to see, two short knocks pulled his attention to the door. He fumbled with his free hand on the mask he was wearing, waiting for anyone who had knocked to enter.


Hoya frowned lightly as he heard people argue outside the room.
He ignored it and focused back onto his work. Just as he had gathered up the courage to pull down the blanket, the door was opened rather in an assertive way.


Two officers walked in, leaving an angry Dongwoo on the hallway.
Hoya still had the pen in one hand. The other was still pinching his mask. He slightly pulled it down as he stared first at the rarely angered Dongwoo, who was now angrily putting on the isolation gowns, and then at the officers who had just walked in.


Hoya didn't wait for the officers to mention why they had come. He didn't care about anything but Sungyeol's health and safety. Hoya went back to write down what he saw and pulled his mask back on. It wasn't worth the effort, he had thought.


“Please leave this room and close the door after you.”
Hoya didn't spare them one glance. Dongwoo went in, taking the spot where Woohyun had stood moments ago.

“We have questions you need to answer. You're refusing since two hours ago.”


Dongwoo had turned his back to the officers, as he set up two more monitors.
Hoya still concentrated on documenting and to sweep Sungyeol's upper body.
“You might. But I am working and you are endangering the patient. Either wear the isolation gowns ready on the cart next to the door or leave. Until then, officers, good bye.”
Hoya sent them a short, hard glare.


“Dongwoo, his bandages need to be changed again. Before you close the wounds, let me see them.” Said nurse hummed in comprehension.  


The officers apparently had listened to Hoya and came back wearing the referred gowns.
They had closed the door after entering.


Hoya finally pulled the blanket completely off Sungyeol's body. His long, silky legs were covered in blue spots. It was clear as water where the assailant had put his body weight. 


Hoya was fighting with himself not to let his pokerface fall in front of the investigators. They were watching him and Dongwoo work intently, not making one sound. It was nerve wracking and it made him and the present nurse over anxious.


Just as Hoya had drawn the last injury onto the paper, one of them spoke up.
“According to the whole staff, you were the one who found the victim and pulled off the suspect.” Hoya slammed his pen onto the working table and pulled his mask down under his chin, scaring Dongwoo in the process who dropped a few cables. Dongwoo sent a short lived glare to Hoya, who gave him an apologetic smile in return. Then he faced the perplex investigators again.


“Stop calling that...that... killer a suspect! He isn't someone who might have attacked Sungyeol. He did it and I saw how he had his knife raised, yes.”
One of them wrote down what Hoya had said. Hoya was avoiding any eye contact. He was upset. Dongwoo pulled the blanket back over Sungyeol's body, tucking it under his arms, covering his buttered body.


“Now ask your god damned questions and leave my station.”
Dongwoo bit his lip as the investigators frowned, visibly upset with the way Hoya was ordering them around.


“Now, sir, I don't know if you realized who we are but-”
Hoya rolled his eyes. “Yeah, I do agents. I just am asking you to do your job. Quickly. Because I don't tolerate dilatoriness on my station. Any delay can, and probably will cost lives of the patients here. Hurry up.”
Hoya opened the gown he was wearing over his working clothes and placed his pen in his shirt's pocket. Then he pulled off his gloves as he faced Dongwoo.

“Like I said, his bandages need to be changed. Before you close them, call me.”
He pushed through the investigators. They watched him with unspoken anger as he threw his gloves, mask and gown away. They followed him.

 

Hoya knew he had angered the agents. He answered their questions as much as he could. And he was losing control of his collected self.
At the end, Hoya kicked them out.

The whole staff had watched. All of them were still shook up with what had happened. After all, Sungyeol had been quite popular, everyone had always looked forward to work with him.
“Howon, are you even allowed to do that? To kick out the police I mean.” It was a resident asking. He was clearly amused.

 

“I'm the boss.” Hoya turned around and faced the staff. “I'm allowed to do everything if I think my patients are in danger. Which they were.” He smirked and walked back into the nurse lounge.

 

As expected, the Chief Human Resource Officer showed up and wanted to talk to Hoya. The atmosphere was quite tense between them. Hoya had led the officer to his office. She sat opposite Hoya, who had thrown his leg over the other, resting his interlocked hands on his lap. 

“Howon, I thought we had left this behind us. Scaring and angering other stations. You can't just take other doctors patients with you.” The CHRO leaned forward slightly, interlacing her hands.

Hoya rolled his eyes. “Yeah, but you tend to forget that we have no specialized ward for the injuries Sungyeol suffered. By all means, you know how surgeons are. You also know that, since the privatization of the hospital, many wards got closed. So don't 'I thought we left this behind us' me. I'm just making sure he gets the right treatment.”

The officer just sighed, defeated. She knew that she wouldn't get through Hoya's thick skull. “Next time just inform me beforehand. The surgeon was quite upset and probably expects me to yell at you. Or something like that.” Hoya hummed insightful.

She left after a few more reminders, making it clear that she couldn't cover him next time.

It was fairly quiet for the next few months. Other than Hoya refusing to let any other doctor besides him in and Woohyun going on a rampage that he didn't want anyone else to take care of Sungyeol, it had indeed been rather quiet. No one spoke about what had happened.


Sungyeol's family had visited every day, until the parents boss threatened to fire them. Woohyun and Hoya had assured them they'd keep the family updated. Hoya could see that they left reluctantly. Mrs. Lee had exploded. “How can someone, a human, threaten an aching family? How can you force them to make a choice about either their son or the job they need to support the medical bills? You know what, I am not leaving. I don't care. I quit, I'm not going back. I'm not leaving my Sungyeol-“
“Mom, how are we going to pay the bills if you quit?“ The self-assured expression slipped from her face.


“Not only do we have to pay the hospital bills, but also the hotel bills. Heeryung, my dear. Sungyeol wouldn't want you to quit either.”
Mrs. Lee hadn't said anything after that, just crossing her arms. Hoya could see how she was battling herself. She was trying to make a decision. 


Though Hoya couldn't imagine the amount of fear and pain the woman must be feeling, he knew that it was a hard decision to leave her oldest son alone in a cold hospital room.


“Mum, he's safe here. Dr. Lee, Woohyun, twenty police officers, three of them in front of his very own door, the staff...” Daeyeol nearly sounded desperate. Sometimes, Sungyeol's mother thought, Daeyeol and Sungyeol thought too much alike. Daeyeol had managed to persuade his mother not to quit her job, after all. Hoya saw where Sungyeol got the impulsiveness from. 
 

Daeyeol had pushed his parents out of the glass door, past the officers crowding the elevators and hallway.

Now it was him, Sungyeol and Woohyun again. And the other twenty police officers and staff members.

The crime scene tape had been removed after what felt like eternities. Sungyeol's office had been cleaned by crime scene cleaners. His office now looked like nothing ever had happened. The only thing that would remind them of the crime was their own memories.


Within four months Hoya reduced the medications. Sungyeol didn't need to be ventilated anymore. A nasal tube was sufficient.
None of Sungyeol's wounds had been infected, all of his organs seemed to be recovering.


Hoya had taken out the thorax drainage after two weeks. Sungyeol's lung had recovered fully. Another month later, he had left the drainage in for so long just to  make sure there was no foreign fluid left, Hoya had pulled out the stomach drainage.


All that would remind Sungyeol of the tubes and machines he was hooked up to, where small scars on his throat, rib cage and stomach. Hoya left all the scars from the attack out of consideration.


Throughout the months, Hoya had barely slept. Enough to function and do his job. He had held his word and sent Woohyun to rest for a few days. Woohyun hadn't listened, as he came every day to wash and change the bandages on Sungyeol's body. He wouldn't let anyone else do it.
Thanks to Woohyun, Sungyeol had no bedsores.


Hoya was filling out paper work as he heard a knock on his office door.
Woohyun had his day off and had, as always, visited Sungyeol.


Today, Woohyun wasn't alone. He had taken someone with him.
“Yeol, I listened to you. Took your advice.” Woohyun smiled softly. He leaned forward slightly, as he Sungyeol's freshly washed hair.


“He's here to see you. Just as demanding as ever, you know.” 
Sunggyu protested as he crossed his arms. Woohyun just laughed at him lightly.
Sunggyu wheeled closer to Sungyeol's bed, making sure that he didn't pull out any of the cables.


“When you wake up, you need to kick your friend. He's really annoying sometimes.”
Woohyun scoffed as he held Sungyeol's hand.
“I am not. He just tends to forget to go to his therapy sessions. And then he's whining.”


Even though Sungyeol's condition had improved visibly, anyone who entered the room still had to wear isolation gowns.
There were still police officers positioned in front of Sungyeol's room, though the other officers in the hallway had been withdrawn.


A masked person entered.
“Annoying Sungyeol with your bickering again, I see? Poor kid, can't even have time for himself with how you two are at each others throats.”

The nurse sounded amused as he went to the CVC. He injected the medications Sungyeol still needed.

“Give him space, don't strangle him with your quarreling.” Dongwoo gave a short wave as he closed the door silently again.


Meanwhile in Hoya's office, there was a yelling match going on.
Hoya had never been this furious, never. He was close to throwing his computer at the person in front of him.


The culprit kept provoking him. 
“What do you mean, this is what I deserve?” Hoya yelled. His voice could be heard even in the nurse lounge.
“You risked a patient's health and that on purpose! You kept very important information from us! How can you? What kind of a doctor are you!” With every word Hoya pushed the woman's shoulder, who was giving him a murderous glare as she kept slapping Hoya's hand away.


“You shouldn't have stolen our patient. It's only your fault. You can't have everything you want, chief physician.” This time, the surgeon pushed Hoya's shoulder harshly.
Hoya felt veins pop out of anger.


“This, surgeon, will have consequences you should fear. You being angry at me does not give you the right to keep essential information from me. If it would have been about a broken bone! Fine, I'd have overlooked it. But this is about Sungyeol's heart failing him during the surgery once! How could you keep that to yourself? You negligently violated not only the hospital's rules and the law by itself, but also the mindset of us!”
Hoya's voice had went up, what felt like, seven octaves higher. He went from yelling to screaming.


The woman in front of her had turned a dark shade of red. “Consequences you say? If you can get away with stealing patients, I can get away with accidentally forgetting to report one occurrence.”


That was the last straw for Hoya.
“You could have killed him! He could have died because you didn't pass that vital information on! Why did you even come here? What did you expect me to say? To do?”
She rolled her eyes. “I came here to inform you, now didn't I? Calm your arrogant down and stop seeking attention.”
“Out of my office, now! Now! The only one seeking attention here is you! You'll hear from his family, I can promise you that much. Now leave!”


The surgeon left immediately, though before she did she sent him a warning glare.


if you find any mistakes please let me now! i hope you like this chapter because i feel like it's rushed..but i didn't want to make you guys wait any longer...
wordcount: 5263