Week 0//Day 2//Pt.1//The Competition//

No.Mercy [Fem ver. 2.0]
week 0 // day 2 // pt.1 // the competition
"There was no mercy." 
//Back to the Basics// 
"Make sure to rest up tonight. Tomorrow a driver will come to each of your dorms around 6 o'clock and collect you and your things. From this point forward you will all be sharing a dorm. The representative will be telling you more when you arrive tomorrow."
//2015.9.29//Tuesday//5:15am 
"Miyounggie~" a voice cooed.
No... too early
She felt someone poke her cheek and she whined.
"Miyoung, you need to get up," the same voice replied.
"But I don't want to get up," the younger practically sobbed.
Miyoung lay there for a moment. Confused by the lack of response from her currently nagging friend, she opened one eye but a pillow was flung in her face.
"Ha-HAH!" her friend shouted in triumph. "Now get up!"
Miyoung grumbled as she rolled off the bed ," Why so early?"
She looked around but she couldn't see anyone in the dark room.
"Dari?" Miyoung whispered loudly.
"You know perfectly well why," Dari growled, popping up from around the doorway with a large suitcase.
"You said, and I quote 'I will pack in the morning, just wake me up early,'" she stated matter-of-factly, pointing her finger at the younger girl. "So that's what I am doing, waking you up early."
Miyoung nodded, "oh yeaaah~!"
Dari just groaned," don't forget to take a shower as well, we don't want everyone to think we are slobs, especially since we already have a bad reputation because of being late yesterday."
"Hey!" Miyoung shouted," that's not fair! We were at school!"
Dari just waved her friend off before leaving the room. "Just pack."
//2015.9.29//Tuesday//7:37am 
“Where are we?” Miyoung whispered to herself as the large van pulled up to a curb in the residential area.
She was seated next to her friend in the very back of the fifteen passenger No.Mercy van. The driver told the two girls that they needn’t sit so close together and in the back as there were to be few people in the van that morning, but the younger - Miyoung - didn’t seem to care and sat next to her best friend anyway. The van door opening pulled the young singer out of her thoughts.
“Annyeonghaseyo,” the girl greeted as she bowed and stepped into the parked van. 
“Hello,” Miyoung greeted quietly, bowing her head as the new girl took a seat right next to her. When she brought her head up to meet the other No.Mercy contestant she realized her eyes were slightly red and puffy.
The driver spoke up,” you three are the only ones getting picked up today so feel free to move around if you want more space.”
The two girls thanked the driver before returning their attention to each other.
“I’m Gil Yeori, you’re Lee Miyoung right?” the newcomer asked.
She nodded, happy at the recognition,” Yeah! How’d you know?”
Yeori laughed lightly,” I see you and your friend hanging around the practice rooms a lot.”
Miyoung responded with a small ‘oh’ before the other trainee continued. “Is she ok?”
“Hm? Oh, Dari?” Miyoung looked at her friend who’s face was currently pressed against a shark stuffed animal - Bruce from Finding Nemo, Dari would always correct people - with a small potted cactus in the cup holder next to her. “Yeah, she’s just tired because she had to wake me up early to make sure I packed.”
The youngest laughed, poking Dari in the face lightly,” she was up pretty late. On top of all the excitement from the letters and stuff we had to clean and pack up our dorms. They placed us in a studio apartment near our high school.”
Yeori was nodding as the other spoke,” Yeah, I guess everyone else is currently living in the main building.”
The other trainee hummed in agreement, not wanting to pry into why Yeori herself wasn’t with the other girls. Miyoung and Yeori continued talking quietly the rest of the ride to the Starship building, clearly comfortable with each other’s presence and personality.
As the van approached the Stardom building Miyoung smiled at her new companion,” I’m sure we’ll be good friends!”
//2015.9.29//Tuesday//8:50am 
All eleven heads turned towards the door as Yeori entered the practice room first, followed closely by the youngest - Miyoung - who was towing a half-asleep Dari behind her. The first two hastily took their seats as per the instructor’s orders, Dari visually lagging behind the other two girls. Silence befell the room for mere seconds before the instructor began.
“Good morning to you all! Today we are just going to do a run-down of what No.Mercy: fem is going to look like for each of you.”
Heads around the room nodded in acknowledgement.
“Firstly, let’s talk about the basics. Every debut challenge will be evaluated and the remaining members will be given a number. This number stands for how well you did on the challenge - one meaning the best and it goes down from there. There will eventually be rounds where getting last place could mean elimination. Filming will start today as you enter your dorms and get to know each other and will continue almost constantly once the evaluations start, so be prepared.”
The man took a deep breath before continuing,” What’s different this time around compared to the last season of No.Mercy is that there will be active polls allowing fans to vote for their favorite members. Judges may take these polls into consideration when deciding on who will be debuting in the new group.”
Whines and groans were heard simultaneously at the news, but the instructor continued.
“There are currently seven rappers and seven vocalists. By the end of the week, each one of you will have been assigned two songs to perform in groups which will be evaluated at the end of next week. At that time, you will all be assigned your numbers for the first time. These numbers will be your new name, so make sure you put in your all to try to win this competition.”
The room was tense - everyone stiff as a board - no one speaking or really making any noise at all.
“Now you don’t need to be worrying too much just yet.” The man laughed lightly before continuing. 
“Most of this week will not involve any elimination type challenges. Today you will be moving into your new dorm. The fourteen of you have already been assigned to your four rooms. There will also be one full bathroom with a shower, one half bathroom with only a toilet, one kitchenette with a full-size fridge, and a small livingroom with a couch. You will have tomorrow off. On Thursday, however, everyone will be meeting to shoot a 30 second teaser video for each person along with a basic photoshoot which will be released on the Starship Entertainment official website. These teasers will act as the resources for fans to choose their favorite members, making up the results for the very first popularity poll for No.Mercy: fem. After the teasers are finished, you will all be provided with schedules allocating the minimum amount of time you must spend on learning and coordinating the performances for the first week’s evaluations. Anything not filled up will be considered free time, do with it what you will. Everything else will be released in due time. The debut challenges this season will be tougher, so rest up and make sure to be well prepared.”
“Now,” the instructor smiled at them before continuing,” are there any questions?”
“Who are the judges gonna be?”
Everyone turned to look at the girl who spoke - she had a baby face that was cutely framed by her orange-brown hair.
The man placed a hand under his chin, contemplating the question with a humm. “Well I can’t tell you who they are, but I what I will tell you is that there will be four main judges - two male and two female - who are permanent on the show and that there will be many guest judges!”
A chorus of ‘oohs’ echoed through the room at the news, the girl who asked the question smiling slightly in excitement.
“Now if that’s all, I will be taking my leave. I highly suggest getting to know your team members for the rest of the day.”
He waited for any other questions, but there were none, so he turned to leave.
“Oh wait, one more thing,” the instructor stopped in the doorway, turning around to face the trainees before leaving,” expect some surprises.”
authors note: The characters are about to meet each other officially after hearing the basic rules! dun dun dun!!! What could happen?!?!!?  ©