Week 0//Day 2//Pt.2 //The Contestants//

No.Mercy [Fem ver. 2.0]
week 0 // day 2 // pt.1 // the competition
"There was no mercy." 
//Moving In// 
"Remember, despite the fact that those you are currently singing with, dancing with, and rapping with are your competition, if you pass they may also become members of the new group so try to get along."
//2015.9.29//Tuesday//9:15am 
The room was still tense despite the fact that the instructor had left more than five minutes ago. Miyoung sighed. The trainees were staring at each other, pushing imaginary just off their clothes, or just looking up at the ceiling. Everyone was so stiff. Well, everyone except possibly Dari who was either resting or sleeping against the mirrored wall. Miyoung puffed out her cheeks in annoyance at the current atmosphere. So of course she had to do something about it.
“H-Hello everyone.” Almost everyone in the room turned to look at the trainee, causing her to gulp, but she continued anyway. “Well, my name is Lee Miyoung.” She started, trying to sound confident around her competition. “I thought maybe we could introduce ourselves before going up to the dorms?”
The girls around the room had varied reactions: many nodded their heads in understanding, some shrugged in indifference, and a few stared as if the idea was ludicrous.
Miyoung gulped as all eyes were on her. “Like I said before, my name is Lee Miyoung. I am 19 Korean age but only 17 universal age. I’m probably the youngest of all of us here. I specialize in vocals but my real passion is dance. My favorite Kpop group is Super Junior. I love chicken and my best friend Dari here.” She paused momentarily, poking the girl next to her in the cheek who jerked up from shock. “Give me chicken and I will love you! Hurt my friend and you’re dead to me.”
Miyoung clapped her hands together with a smile.
“I hope we’ll be great friends!”
Some of the girls stared at the younger, one in particular who was so shocked that was hanging open.
“Damn girl!” the brunette commented.
Everyone turned to look at the new speaker, even the recently awakened Dari whose face was twisted in a mixture of exhaustion and confusion.
“You're very confident in yourself to threaten us all openly like that.” The girl snickered before continuing,” My name is Lee Hyejin, I’m the popular trainee vocalist. My birthday is September twenty-first so soon I turned twenty-two last week. I feel perfectly comfortable under the cameras so I’m sure I’ll debut soon. Starship has had me as a trainee for three years so I’m not really worried about this competition.”
The girl’s cocky smile seemed to upset many of the other female trainees. The girl with the most displeased reaction spoke up next but refrained from bashing the annoying vocalist who spoke before her.
“You guys probably all know me already but I’ll just introduce myself anyways. My name is Moon Jieeun. I’m currently one of the oldest trainees under this company - probably any company for that matter." Jieeun's voice was laced with obvious distaste," I just turned twenty-four last month. I have always wanted to be a solo artist but it seems as though that might never happen. You guys can call me unnie or whatever you want, I don’t really care. At this point I just want to debut.”
The trainees were silent during the older girl’s somber introduction. Jieeun was practically a legend among the current and prospective trainees. She had trained the longest and was said to have the most skill of almost anyone currently training, yet for some reason she had never debuted. One of the still unintroduced girls turned to the trainee sitting next to her and whispered something in her ear. Unfortunately, the silence of the room allowed practically everyone to hear what she said.
“Rumor has it that before she trained here for the past four years she was with another company for five.”
Jieeun’s mouth turned down in a scowl as the younger girl gossiped about her. She cleared loudly and glared at the other trainee who snapped her attention to the older female, eyes wide in shock as she realized everyone was staring at her. The trainee’s face flushed pink in embarrassment.
Bowing her head, she attempted to redeem herself by talking,” My name is Youngri and I’m a rapper. I just recently turned twenty-one a few months ago and I really hope to debut soon.” Youngri paused and looked around, unsure what else to say. “Oh yeah,” She pointed to the girl next to her before continuing,” Yeori here is my best friend in the company, we’ve known each other since we first became trainees three years ago.”
No one responded to Youngri’s introduction so Yeori decided she might as well go after her friend.
“I’m Yeori - turning twenty one at the end of this year! I like singing and making new friends. I know we pretty much met each other already sometime in the past but I hope we get to know each other better through this competition!” Yeori beamed at the other trainees, many smiling back at her cute voice and overall happy attitude which contrasted greatly to the previous feel of the room.
“Aww you’re so cute!” One of the females squealed, causing Yeori to blush cutely as she mumbled a thank you before the other girl continued.
“I’m Jinju and I love cute things and baking. I’m a singer and my hobby - other than baking and experimenting with food - is changing my hair color. Right now it’s a warm caramel brown - obviously - but I think I’ll change it soon. I may seem young and cute on the outside but don’t get on my bad side or you’ll regret it! If I like you I’ll probably make you food. Oh, and I don’t like skinship except when I initiate it.”
She nodded and tapped her chin, trying to see if she had anything else to say. Her thought process was interrupted when another decided to speak up.
“How old are you?” Miyoung questioned, intrigued by the female’s introduction.
“I’m twenty, my little maknae.”
Both of the girls laughed at the familiarity laced within Jinju’s response before getting cut off by the next person - another cute girl with a chubby face.
“I’m Im Hanwoo,” she started, pushing her glasses up her face,” Many people mistake me for a singer because of my cute face but I’m actually a rapper. I just turned twenty-one and I love to eat which is great because I don’t gain weight easily! I hope we’ll continue to get along.”
Another started speaking immediately after, her Korean noticeably accented,” Hello, I am Fang Kailin. My father is Chinese and my mother is Korean. The first half of my life I spent living in Hong Kong and the second half here in Seoul. Since my Chinese name tends to be hard to pronounce, feel free to call me by my stage name Kelley. I’m currently twenty-two and am a vocalist.”
The girls nodded in recognition before a stutter distracted them to a different section of the room.
“H-Hello… My name is.. uhm… Kim Chanmi. I’m a twenty-one year old vocalist. I’m more of a visual than anything else but I really love to dance and I can sing. I hope I can be friends with all of you.”
This time when Jinju squealed, no one was surprised. Chanmi was definitely one of the cutest among the fourteen girls.
“Hmph, well I’m a visual too.” A girl with long blonde hair challenged.
Everyone turned to look at her, shocked at the trainees aggression towards the cute visual.
“I’m pretty rapper Ra Sungha, you all know me right?” She smirked, not waiting for the others to respond before continuing,” I’m twenty and here to win so don’t get in my way and we should be fine.”
“Well you aren't the only one who wants to win,” a different girl interrupted, obviously angered at the blonde’s introduction.
Her hair was cut short and colored dark in contrast to Sungha. They dressed oppositely too, the latter wearing more fashonable clothing while the former was adorned in a more hiphop style. The others in the room looked between the two - the pretty girl and the tomboy - the tension clearly visible.
The tomboy pumped her fist against her chest,” I’m Byul Yuki, also twenty, and also a rapper.To me, failing this competition isn't an option. Don’t mess with me because I will fight you.”
Yuki was noticeably looking between two of the other trainees with fire in her eyes - the ”pretty rapper” Sungha and Miyoung’s friend Dari who was still half asleep and buried in her puffy jacket but was paying attention none the less. Dari’s eyes narrowed but no one really had time to notice.
“Hey hey, play nice guys.”
A stern female voice scolded the group, her words bouncing off the walls of the practice room. Yuki mumbled a quick sorry before the other female continued. She had long black hair and her face was dead serious.
“I’m Choi Sooyeon and I’m a vocalist. Like Jieeun, I am one of the oldest trainees at twenty-four years old. I don’t condone physical fights and I will not hesitate to report any of you to the higher ups if things get out of hand. Safety is more important than whether or not you like me so if you don’t want to get on my bad side, don’t do anything ethically questionable. You can all call me unnie or umma, whichever is fine.”
Despite the older trainee’s strict tone and facial features, she was known to be rather nice most of the time and even takes care of the other trainees. Sooyeon is probably one of the most likeable trainees among both the boys and girls as she always makes sure everyone is fed even if it means spending her own time or money to feed them. Her and Jinju are seen often with one another, especially when it comes to making food.
Sooyeon bowed her head, signaling that she was finished and that another girl could jump in to introduce herself which happened immediately.
“I’m rapper Sun Jinjung, twenty-two years old. I love music and modeling but I’m not necessarily a visual. Rapping is my specialty.” She sat their silently for a few moments. “Sorry, I don’t really know what else to say so… yeah. Next?”
Dari cleared and raised her hand, knowing she was the next and last one to speak.
“Hello, I’m Bang Dari. I’m only 18 universal age but 20 Korean age. Due to our ages, both Miyoung and I are still in our last year of high school.,” Her voice was strong and steady despite her sleepy appearance. “Rap is my life and my passion. I’m also a dancer but my vocals are lacking. I write my own lyrics and try to work on producing songs and choreography too. I often find myself running out of time to do things I like because I like too many things. I’m determined to win this competition and I hope to learn a lot and sharpen my skills.”
The sound of applause rang throughout the room, jerking Dari’s attention to the girl sitting next to her. Miyoung had a grin stretching across her face as she clapped for her friend. Dari just rolled her eyes.
“Well, it seems as though that’s everyone,” Sooyoen commented. “Let’s try to get along, yeah?”
//2015.9.29//Tuesday//4:50pm 
Since the they finished their basic introductions, the fourteen trainees decided that sharing a meal together might bring them closer together - Sooyeon's great idea. Lunch went pretty well considering the tension that plagued the practice room earlier. Despite the fact that many of the girls were still awkwardly quiet with each other on the way to the restaurant, once the food came it became much easier for everyone to bond. Sungha and Yuki still sent each other the occasional death glare, but Sooyeon made sure to minimize such actions by seating the two on separate ends of the table.
After lunch there was an obvious change in how the trainees acted around each other: they weren’t perfectly comfortable around each other, but their interactions were definitely more natural. They knew each other - or at least knew of each other - before they got their letters - they were training under the same company of course - but after news of the No.Mercy rules, the weight of the competition separated most of the girls from each other. Many of the girls even had stigmas - some good and some bad - but now was a chance to change, to start over.
Now they were all gathered in the practice room downstairs getting prepped by the camera crew. Tonight would be the first night of filming as the girls moved into the dorm upstairs. It would also be the first time all fourteen would be living together. Sooyeon lead the way, Jieeun immediately behind her and so on in order of age with one camera man in the back of the line and one waiting by the dorm’s entrance. All of the girls were carrying their belongings as they trudged to the door. Sooyeon stopped before the entrance and turned around to face the rest of the girls. She spoke clearly and slowly, knowing that the both the cameras directly to her right as well as the one in the back would be focusing on all of them.
“Alright guys, I have the rooming assignments right here in my hand. When we get into the room, you will all file into the living room area and I will read off who will be sleeping where. Are you ready?”
A chorus of “yeah’s” rang throughout the hallway causing Sooyeon to smile. She turned clockwise, making sure that the camera would see her face. She gave it a thumbs up as she opened up the door.
Finally, the competition would begin.
authors note: Finally everyone is in the chapter!!! Yay~ Will everyone continue to get along? Who wil room with who? Keep reading! :)  ©