Chapter 3

Starlight, Moonlight

I was walking in the hallways when I accidentally tripped on some book. I lifted it up and noticed that that book is a very thick one.

“Whoah!”I gasped and flipped through the pages until I noticed a group of girls and boys in the middle of the hallways. Instinctively, I walked towards them and noticed that two of those people are my classmates.

“What’s their name again? Jess – Jess – Jessica?”I guess I said it out loud since they all turned to face me. Jessica on the other hand froze for a while before facing me.

“Wha – what is it?”She asked.

‘Wait, is she stuttering? Is she afraid of me?’I thought while looking at her. I noticed that she saw the book that I was holding so I lifted it up and showed it to her.

“Is this yours? Because I found it---“Before I could finish, she quickly grabbed the book from my hand and kept it in her bag.

“No thank you I guess?”I mumbled while scratching my head.

“T – thanks.”And again, she stuttered. I smiled at her until I saw some familiar faces from her back.

“So… you friends with the Secret girls and the Beast boys?”I asked. She turned to face the people behind her and gave me a slight nod.

“Oh, good thing you found new friends. By the way, being friends with those guys will just get you into bi trouble---“

“Yah! But you get girls into much bigger troubles!”
Ki Kwang, my oh so epic brother said then pouted. Yes, whether you like it or you like it, because I don’t, he is my brother. Well… an adopted one.

“Whatever Giki, be sure to go home in time and… Hyosung – ah!”

“… Yes?”

“Giki likes you sooooo much! I’ve seen---“

“YAH! I DO NOT!”
He shouted cutting me off. His face turns super red as his friends and the girls laugh.

“Okay, if you say so Giki. Bye Jessica, bye Tiffany!”I squeaked in a flirty way and walked out of the scene.


Actually, I didn’t really know why I acted flirty a while ago. Maybe because there are girls there or maybe it’s just in my nature to flirt around.


The bell rang and it’s English time, the most hated class of us all. I think the two will excel in this class since they’re both fluent in English.


I entered the room and immediately saw girls crowding around some table. At first, I’m not that interested since I’ve seen such things before. Girls crowding around my guy friends are one of the normal things in my life. So I slowly walked towards my seat; the girls saw me and automatically scrambled away from my desk.

“A – annyeong Donghae Oppa.”One of the girls squeaked. I turned to her and was about to smile when I saw Jessica with her head down. Her hair is really tangled and covering her face. Her glass is shattered on the floor and obviously been stepped on, her uniform is filled with filth and she’s a total mess!

“Jessica!”I quickly moved towards her and the girls around her started running away. She was crying. I was about to help and drag her outside when her friend arrived.

“Jessi--- WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!!”Tiffany shouted in full English. Jessica shook her head and wiped her tears.

“I – I’m fine don’t worry.”She said then stood up and walked away. Yoona and the others saw her walking out and quickly followed her.

“You’ve got some explaining to do Mister!”Tiffany said and walked away.


Author’s POV


“Hey Jess--- “Jessica walked pass Yoona and her friends with tears streaming down her face and her entire body is in a complete mess. Taeyeon looked at Donghae for a minute then glared and ran to catch up Jessica. Tiffany did the same to Donghae.


Jessica walked swiftly in the hallways not bothering the students seeing how messy she is. Without her glasses, she couldn’t see anything, until she accidentally bumped into someone and passed out.


“Y – YAH! JUNG!! WAKE UP!!”Eunhyuk shouted while holding the unconscious girl on her hands. Eunhyuk’s face became sweaty as he held on the girl. Moments later, Yuri and the others came. Hyoyeon turned to Eunhyuk with a WHAT – DID – YOU – DO look and Eunhyuk just shrugged his shoulders.


“You mean Jessica as in Jessica a while ago?!! WHERE?!!”When Hyosung heard the news about Jessica, she quickly went to the school’s infirmary just to be greeted by the girls she really despise.


“Yah! What have you done with Jessica?!”She shouted earning a warning from the nurse.

“Oh… so you’re here. You and Jessica? Friends?”Yuri asked while smiling calmly at the furious girl.

“Hyosung – ah… calm down.”Zinger said then bowed at the girls as an apology. After a moment of silence inside the infirmary, Hyosung finally spoke.

“What really happened to her?”She said in a calmer voice. The girls shook their heads and turned to her.

“We really don’t know. She walked pass through us while crying.”Sunny said then frowned.

“When I came… Donghae’s beside her… but she’s crying already.”Tiffany explained. She sighed in disappointment as the other girls had an idea what really happened.

“Seungyeon.”Sooyoung and Sunhwa said in a low tone.

“And those girls…”Hyoyeon gritted her teeth in annoyance. She balled up her fists ready to hit her target when some came inside the infirmary.

“I – Is she okay now?”It was Donghae panting. Everyone looked at her and shrugged.

“We don’t know. Her lips are bleeding. Her glasses are shattered… What should we do?”Taeyeon asked in a worried look. In a matter of seconds, Hyosung’s fist met Donghae’s cheek. Yeah, she didn’t slap him, she punched him. Donghae was about to complain when he saw Hyosung’s eyes filled with fury.

“LOOK WHAT HAVE YOUR CRAZY FANS DID!!! THEY HURT THE NEW STUDENT!! WHAT IF TIFFANY’S THERE TOO? WHAT WILL YOU DO?!!”Hyosung shouted earning a smirk from the girls.

“I’m sorry.”Donghae bowed down ninety degrees in front of the petite girl.

“Sorry? SORRY?!!”Hyosung raged.

“Whoah! Calm down geek!”Eunhyuk came in the scene with the others. “Know your limits.”

“YOU! KNOW YOUR LIMITS LEE HYUKJAE!”She shouted making Eunhyuk angry. But before Eunhyuk could shout on the girl, the bell rang indicating that the next class will start in a matter of seconds. Hearing this, the girls of Secret turned to face Jessica, bowed down and ran away.


“Go now… I’ll take care of her.”Eunhyuk said as he made everyone go including Donghae who’s insisting that he should be the one to take care of the girl. He sat at the chair beside Jessica’s bed and looked at her.


“I want you out of his life. You being here will only bring him back the memories of his childhood friend who left him.”Eunhyuk mumbled as he looked at the girl.