Chapter 1

Starlight, Moonlight

“Fishy! Fishy –ah!”

“What is it?”I said as I turn around with a smile plastered across my face. She smiled at me sweetly while she runs towards me.

“F – Fishy – ah.”She pants hard when she finally reached me. After composing herself, she faced me with THAT smile and gave me a sunflower.

“Promise that you won’t ever leave me? Fishy – ah?”She asked cutely. I turned my head to find a gift in return and saw a little sunflower. I picked it up give it to her.

“I promise. Promise that you won’t leave me?”I asked back, she smiled warmly and nodded.

“I promise.”


She responded until a white light shone towards us and I’m in a new place. A place where the walls are pure white. Where I could see an unknown device… and a place where I could see her inside a plastic covered part of a room that distance her from the outside world. A place where I couldn’t see her smile instead I could see wires connected to her that I barely even know.


“What happened?”Are the only things that I managed to say. I walked towards her and saw a wilted sunflower.

“Y – yah.”I tried to call her. She opened her eyes and turned to look at me. A smile weakly crept on her face when she met my eyes.

“Fishy – ah.”She called. I really wanted to go beside her but that plastic container is on my way.

“Promise me you’ll---“I stopped when I saw tears slowly running from her eyes.

“Fishy – ah. I’ll be leaving for America tomorrow.”She said weakly while looking sternly at me.

“L – leave? Why? Huh? I thought you’ll never leave me? I thought we promised to each other?”

“I heard my mom and dad talking and they said they want to have me treated on America.”She said as tears stream down her now pale skin. I couldn’t say anything, it’s just… “I promise. Once I come back here, I’ll visit you.”She said and right on cue, my mom came and looked at me with pitiful eyes.

“Donghae – ah. You’ll have to say goodbye to your friend for now.”She said and dragged me out. I met her parents and smiled at me weakly. Her father ruffled my hair and crouched down to my size.

“Little one, we’ll be back. I promise.”



KRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!


My alarm went on as its annoying sound fill the room. I normally throw a pillow on it to shut it up but today it’s different. I’m actually a Junior now and I’m very much excited. I quickly shut my eyes open and run to the bathroom. After taking a long soothing bath, I changed to my uniform, run to the kitchen, got some toast, kissed my mom on the cheeks and waved goodbye.


I walked on our silent street while eating the toast. As I turned, I stopped in front of an abandoned house.

“Are you okay now? Please comeback.”I mumbled until I heard the door closed. I quickly ran away thinking that there may be a new family living in that house. HER house. The house where I last saw her.


I reached the school minutes before the bell rang. I quickly went to the bulletin board to check my section until someone shouted my name.

“DONGHAE!!”I turned and a gummy smile flashed before my eyes. It was my best friend, Lee HyukJae.

“So… how’s the vacation HyukJae?”I asked and seriously, every time I call him by that name he glares at me.

“I told you a million of times. CALL ME EUNHYUK!!”He scowled then laughed. “Anyway, this is going to be an awesome year! We’re classmates! I mean, yes! We, as in the handsome guys of this school, are going to be in one smashing room! How cool is that?”He said then swung his arm around my neck.

“Oh great! But… are we in the same room as them? I mean that would be more awesome!”I said while pointing at the cheerleaders.

“No… we’ll be with the most gorgeous girls in this school!”He squeaked as we walk side by side on the hallways not focusing on our way. A smile crept on my face as I heard that super good news until someone bumped me.

“Ouch!”She squeaked as she fell flat on her bottom.

“YAH! Watch where you’re going!”Eunhyuk shouted but the girl just gave her a glare in response. The girl quickly got up and walked away without even saying sorry.

“Is she new or what?”Eunhyuk asked while glaring at the girl.

“I haven’t seen her around that means she’s new.”I said then continued off to our room.


“Donghae! Eunhyuk! Have you heard about the news?”Sungmin welcomed us with an excited shout.

“Don’t be too excited Sungmin! Your Sunny might pierce you to death.”Leeteuk said while sitting on the table.

“So… what’s the news?”I asked while putting my bag on my seat and settling there for a bit.

“We’re going to have two new girl classmates from America!”Kibum said with a big smile.

“America huh?”I mumbled as I rested my chin on my hands.

“Why Hae? Still think that she’ll go back? Come on! It’s been an eternity since she went to America!”Hankyung said while reading some cook book.

“I know she’ll come back. She promised.”I said then right on cue, the bell rang. All the students went back to their seats as Taeyeon, Sunny, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Seohyun, Sooyoung and Yoona went inside the room. They found the gaze of my friends and smiled. A minute after, our teacher went inside silencing the whole class.


“Good morning and welcome to your Junior year class.”She said with a demure smile on her face. She must be a new teacher since she’s we didn’t seen her on the last few years. “I’m miss Baek Hae Young your class adviser – slash – homeroom teacher.”She said not removing that smile on her face.

“I was oriented by your former homeroom teacher and said that you know each other very well, so I won’t have to call you one by one in front. By the way, there will be two new additions in this class.”She said and signaled at the door.


As what my friends are saying, there are two. I looked at the other girl and noticed that she’s the same girl who bumped into us just a while ago. Noticing this, Eunhyuk quickly smirked and chatted with the others.


The two girls noticed what Eunhyuk is saying. The girl who bumped us glared at him as Eunhyuk makes fun of her.


“Mr. Lee HyukJae right? Do you want to share what you are saying to your friends? I think it’s funny right? Because you’re laughing.”Ms. Baek said and I got to say, that’s pretty funny. Getting scolded in the first day.

“Aniyo. Sorry Miss.”He said then looked down.

“Is that so? Okay, since it’s the first day, I’ll let you off the hook.”She said then turned to the girls.

“Girls… mind if you introduce yourself in front of the class?”She asked. The two girls looked at each other and nodded.