Chapter 2

Starlight, Moonlight

“That guy’s so rude!”I cursed while walking in the hallways. I went directly to the teacher’s lounge with my head down. People around me are whispering maybe because ‘I’m a geek.’ I thought until I bumped into someone again but this time I didn’t fell flat on my bottom. I looked at the person I bumped and saw a girl. I quickly held a hand to help her and she quickly got it.

“I’m sorry!”She said in English. Lookie here! I’m not the only one who’s fluent in that language.

“I should be the one saying sorry. Are you okay?”I asked in English earning an eye smile plus a nod.

“So… I guess you’re new here too huh? I’m Hwang MiYoung, but you can call me Tiffany, nice to meet you!”She said as she held a hand for a handshake.

“I’m Jung Sooyeon but you can call me Jessica, nice to meet you too.”I shook her hand and noticed the time. It’s a minute before our first class and we haven’t approached our homeroom teacher yet.


We quickly went inside and talked to our teacher. The bell rang while we walk together to our classroom. When we walked inside the room, I was surprised to see the two guys that bumped into me just moments ago. One is looking and smiling at me and the other one, he’s chatting with his friends while pointing at me. I glared at that person until Miss Baek scolded him.

‘Serves him right!’ I thought until the teacher asked us to introduce ourselves.


“Hello, my name is Hwang MiYoung but you can call me Tiffany.”Tiffany introduced herself first.

“Hello, my name is Jung Jessica, please take care of me.”I said in a plain voice. The students stared at us until the guy that looks like monkey spoke.

“YAH! Speak in Korean!”He shouted earning a nod from the others. Tiffany looked at me with WHAT – DID – HE – SAY look. Luckily, this tall guy stood up and looked at us.

“He said, please introduce yourselves in Korean since they can’t understand.”He said in full English with a smile. Tiffany and I formed an ‘O’ on our mouths and smiled.

“Sorry! Annyeong haseo, Hwang Tiffany imnida!”

“Annyeong, Jung Jessica imnida.”
They all smiled after and the teacher directed us to our seats. SERIOUSLY! Do I have to be seated between those two guys’ seats?


Since it’s the first day of school, there are no classes. We just have to interact with each other and well talk about anything. We just have to make friends, which is the most annoying part. Everyone was busy chatting among their groups as Tiffany keeps on talking to me until someone stood right between me and Tiffany. We both looked up and saw the monkey guy.


“So we meet again? Aren’t you even going to say sorry for bumping me?”He asked with one brow raised.

“Why would I apologize to you?”I said in English. Tiffany just smirked. The monkey guy glared at me.

“Stupid.”I mumbled until some group of girls walked towards us. One of them got the monkey’s ear as she scolded him.

“Sorry for that guy’s monkey business. He’s just dumb enough to start a fight with a girl.”A tall girl with deer – like eyes “By the way, I’m Im Yoona, that idiot’s friend. And that girl who’s scolding him right now is Kim Hyoyeon his girl best friend.”She said and the Kim girl smiled.

“Hmmm… Welcome to our school! Hope you’d enjoy here!”The girl that actually looks like the Yoona girl said. She has darker complexion than the other girls in this room.

“Annyeong! I’m Kwon Yuri, nice to meet the two of you.”She said then smiled. After her introduction, everyone introduced themselves too. Well, only the girls introduced but not the boys.

“Sorry for that monkey’s annoying business. I think you two started on the wrong side.”Hyoyeon said then smiled at me.


Finally! After hours of staying inside that oh so boring room, the bell rang, indicating that it’s lunchtime already. Tiffany and I went directly to the comfort room to wash our hands and retouch before going to the canteen. As soon as we left the comfort room, we hurriedly went to the canteen and before we reach the canteen, here we are… getting mobbed by four girls aka the cheerleaders.


“So… welcome to our school geeks!”The girl with a blonde long hair said while smirking.

“T – thank you.”I said then weakly smiled. The four girls smirked then flicked my forehead.

“Are you really sure that you two are welcome here?”The red – hair girl said while pointing at me and Tiffany.

“Yes, because most likely, we enrolled here. We paid for our tuition fees and ---“Before Tiffany could finish, in a blink of an eye, she’s already on the floor, pushed by the short haired girl.

“Tiffany! Are you okay? Does it hurt?”I said in full English not knowing that those four could actually speak in English.

“Oh come on! We just want some high – five with her but I guess my hand slipped.”The baby – faced girl said then smirked. My blood is seriously boiling and as I was about to stand up and give the girls some piece of my mind, a brown – haired girl came running towards us with some girls.

“YAH! CL, BOM, DARA, MINZY, get your hands off these students!”The girl said as her friends stood beside her.

“Oh come on! Are they your members to the Geek club? Well, I must be right! You’re all geeks!”The leader – like of the cheerleaders said. She waves her hand in front of her with a smirk.

“Okay, okay. I’ll leave them alone, just… don’t you ever lay your hands on my Ki Kwang, Jeon Hyosung!”She said then walked away together with the other cheerios.


As soon as the four girls disappeared, the four girls who helped turned to face us with a worried look. They slowly crouched down to our size and checked Tiffany.

“Are you okay? By the way, I’m Sunhwa, she’s Zinger… Ji Eun and…”

“Hyosung! Jeon Hyosung!”
The girl said and flashed us a gummy smile. She’s… cute.

“Jessica, and she’s Tiffany.”I said then smiled weakly.

“So… are you hurt? Want me to take you to the clinic?”Zinger asked while checking up on Tiffany.

“A- aniyo… It’s not that severe. I just scratched my knees don’t worry. It will---“Before Tiffany could finish, someone came running towards us. A red – haired guy together with his… friends.

“Hyosung – ah! What happened? Got into trouble again? Are you hurt? Are they hurt?”He asked as soon as he reached us. Hyosung’s smile turned upside – down as soon as she heard the guy calling her. She annoyingly stood up and faced the guys.

“Ki Kwang… how many times should I tell you that I CAN STAND ALONE! Okay?”She exclaimed but the guy didn’t mind what she is saying. He just looked at her with worried eyes.

“Never mind those two. It’s always like that. By the way, I’m Yoseob.”The small guy said then looked at Tiffany. He quickly signaled the blonde guy and the blonde guy quickly lifted Tiffany up.

“Y – Yah! Let me down! I’m fine! I’m fine!”Tiffany shouted.

“No you’re not. We have to apply first aid on your scratch.”The guy with a pikachu phone said then smiled. I turned to Hyosung and the red – haired guy and looks like they’re… arguing.

“I hate to ask but… Are they somewhat… dating?”I asked their friends in a low tone but surprisingly, they heard.

“NO! DEFINITELY NOT!”Hyosung shouted making me chuckled. She’s too guilty in some point.

“He’s a total playboy, well him and his friends are the school’s playboys so stay away from them.” She said earning a smack on the head until…


“Jessica?”