Let's go on a ride

Jongsica & SHINee generation :Best Place

"So what's the deal with you and jessica now? " Minho asked Jonghyun.

It was 8p.m, the boys were resting in their dorm. Returning from the intensive training camp, everyone had no energy left to do anything else. Even minho and onew were staying home and not trying to pull another romeo at the girls' dorm tonight.

" It's kinda complicated.. " he rubbed the back of his neck and stretched from his chair. He was still struggling with his homework. God, I just wanna debut and stop schooling right now. He groaned.

" How complicated can it be.. " Onew's voice drifted up from below the blanket. For a moment everyone remembered he was still alive. It's easy to forget that he was still there when he's always sleeping with his whole head submerged under the blanket.

" I don't know.. we're kinda together but not.. "

" What? So you're like ing her and not dating her? " Minho joked as Taemin turn to stare at him, shocked at the word. Jonghyun jumped on minho's back and began wrestling his head under his arms.

" OKAY OKAY!! I WAS JUST KIDDING! " 

Jonghyun laughed and began returning to the chair. 

" So what is holding you back seriously? " Key asked, ever so concerned like a mother that he was.

" I don't know.. confirmation? I really really like her you know?Like it's so much it's almost love.And i'm honestly scared of getting hurt. I don't wanna be the one going in and initiating it first because I wanna know for sure that she feels the same just as much as me. I'm just waiting for her to show me that she really want me and yeah.. I know I'm a coward" Jonghyun blurted out.

The boys stared at him. Was this really Kim Jonghyun? Whatever happened to the playboy that couldn't be bothered with emotions? 

" Oh my god, are you okay? How is your ? " Key asked sarcastically. Everyone burst into laughter and Jonghyun got up to attack Key. 

" Stop it stop it! But seriously.. you know sometimes you just have to take that risk.If you wanna be happy you have to make a sacrifice man," Key replied, pulling himself out from Jonghyun's grip. Taemin contemplated and thought about Sulli.

"Yeahh.. by the way Yuri was telling me something about Jessica's boyfriend checklist" Minho was texting Yuri.

"What checklist?" Jonghyun spun around and questioned Minho.

He looked up,amused at Jonghyun being dorkier by the minute because of Jessica.

"How would I know? Do i look like Jessica to you?"

Jonghyun snatched his cell phone away.Minho struggled to get it back.

" Give it back hyung!"

" Then tell me! "

" Why don't you ask her yourself?"

" No! It'll make me sound stupid..!"

"Give it back to me first so that I can ask yuri!"

" Oh.. right" Jonghyun quickly surrendered it back.

" You really do have a don't you? " Minho muttered under his breath as he texted the questions to yuri upon Jonghyun's request. Jonghyun knocked Minho's head harshly as he spoke.

--

Jessica's phone vibrated.

" I'll pick u up tomorrow morning, dress casually- Jonghyun" 

She suppressed a grin.

" Where are we going?- Jessica"

"U'll know-Jonghyun"

"Stop wasting time, we're supposed to focus on the preparation for the showcase-Jessica,and we have to change the song- Jessica"

"Ok i'll take care of it,just relax will u?-Jonghyun"

"Whatver~"

Jonghyun laughed at her text. It was late now, he ought to sleep otherwise he's not gonna wake up for their date tomorrow. 

--

By 9a.m, Jonghyun was already standing outside the girls' door. He rang the doorbell.

Within seconds, Jessica opened it.

" What kind of a girl are you? Rushing to open the door the moment I ring it. How long have you been waiting for me behind that door? Since 5a.m? You were just sitting there staring at the door knob weren't you? " Jonghyun has already started annoying her the first thing in the morning. She rolled her eyes.

" I wasn't okay? I don't want you to wake everyone up! " She pushed through him to get out of the door.

" Why not? It's 9am now! Girls should wake up early! " He had a mischievous look on his face again. He pushed the door open and began shouting, " WAKE UP GIRLS! I'M TAKING JESSICA OUT FOR A DATE SO YOU WONT BE SEEING HER AROUND! " Jessica quickly yanked him out from the door. She began hitting him crazy as he tried to dodge, " YAH! KIM JONGHYUN!! JUST GO ALREADY!!!"

" Ouch ouch! Okay okay you seriously have to stop doing that to me!" he laughed and began following her towards the staircase.

" Then stop doing stupid things!"

" You're just using that chance to touch me right?" He watched her look away, trying to cover that frustration shade of red on her face.

" NO! "

" Then why is your face so red? Are you guilty or blushing?" He continued teasing her.

"I'M NOT!" She insisted, thought her face was telling otherwise. This was one of the rare times she hated being so fair. Every colour showed itself so clearly.Urgh, she groaned in her head.

"Okay okay oppa will be nice to you okay?" He joked and took her hands in his. Walking down the street, Jessica smiled all the way as her hand felt his warmness sipping through.

" What oppa, you punk" she muttered under her breath. 

He turned around and smiled softly. With that puppy eyes that were ever so adorable.

She loved how they looked like a couple when he held her hands and walked. Then she realized, if they were already acting like a couple, then it was no point for him to ever say those three words.She decided.She will no longer give him that privilege until he proved himself serious and worthy of it.Till he was officially her boyfriend.She flung out of his hold.Jonghyun turn to look at her

"What's wrong?"He looked a little hurt. The puppy eyes were staring back at her.

"How can you go around holding a girl's hand?It's not like you're my boyfriend so don't do that ever again!" She shot at him.Surprised and puzzled at the same time, Jonghyun remained speechless and continued walking.What.. in the world.Why is she being so weird,always?

He led them to the bus stop and got on a bus.Not wanting to spoil the surprise, Jonghyun insisted on covering her eyes while getting on the bus.Jessica was visibly irritated but gave in anyway because she didn't want to embarrass them both in public.

"Just walk on, trust me! "

" If i fall down you're dead! "

" Stop whining! If you don't get on now you're gonna be dead!" Jonghyun tugged her forward lightly.

Finally, they got on. They settled down beside each other and Jonghyun was smiling in accomplishment. 

" Are you excited?" Jonghyun asked Jessica as he looked out of the window excitedly. 

No reply.

" You're not angry with me are you? It'll be fun I promise! " he smiled.

Still no reply.

Sensing something strange,he turned to look at her.

Jessica was completely oblivious to his speech as she had her ipod earphones stuffed in her ears. Jonghyun's face distorted into a little boy's displeasure and he began nudging her nonstop.

"WHAT?"she finally turned and snapped at him.Jonghyun grinned.For some reason he loved to disturb her like a 7 year old boy that wouldn't stop pulling his crush's pigtails.

" What're you listening to? Share it with me~" He whined. Jessica stared at him and mouthed NO before turning her head back straight.Then she felt a tugging at her right ear.

Jonghyun had pulled out a side of her earphones and put it in his ears.Looking at her lab, Jonghyun picked her ipod up and began scrolling through her music.

" You have a bad taste in music for such a pretty face you know, " he scrolled down till he finally found a song he liked then clicked it.Jessica tried to pull the earphone back but jonghyun grabbed her hands.She tried again this time Jonghyun blocked her hands.

"Come on I didn't bring mine.. you're not gonna make me sit here and talk to myself the whole way right?" He was doing that puppy face again. Jessica hated that she was such a er for it. She pretended to roll her eyes and looked straight. Jonghyun smiled, knowing that Jessica had relented. 

--

Couple of hours later,they finally alighted and reached their destination.

Everland.

" Are you serious?" Jessica turned to look at him.

" So about the checklist," He began speaking but realized that Jessica's eyes had already widened at the word checklist. She was shocked. He loved that reaction.

 "So you like guys who hold your hand and hold you through the haunted house right?"

Jessica wanted to die of embarrassment. HE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO KNOW IT EXIST. 

With much effort, Jonghyun managed to drag her into the amusement park and get on a few rides. 

As they got out from another ride,Jonghyun pointed to the haunted house.

"Hey let's go there!"He smiled and nudged her.Jessica smiled.She couldn't believe he actually took the effort to bring her all the way here just to fulfill that list.He really knew how to make a girl melt.

--

Few minutes later, Jessica was whimpering.

" Jonghyun?"She called out softly, voice trembling with every fear inside her.

No reply.

" This is not funny.. please.." Her knees were going weaker by the minute.She was scared.Really,really scared.

Still,no reply.

Thinking that Jonghyun would actually walked with her though it like a gentlemen, Jessica was wrong. That stupid boy had disappeared in the dark as soon as they entered and left her there walking all alone.

A voice broke out.

"You're scared?" It was jonghyun. But she couldn't see him.He was nowhere in sight. WHERE THE HELL IS HE !? AND WHY IS HE HIDING? She wanted to go crazy.

" WHERE ARE YOU?!" she shouted. It echoed back.

Then the annoying part came…

Jonghyun laughed. " Tell me what I wanna hear then"

"Please..?" she attempted.

Silence.

"I beg you.."she tried again.

" You know that's not what I wanna hear right?" Jonghyun said finally.

Then she realized..OH GOD! She wanted to kill him so badly.So THIS was why he brought her here.She made a mental note to kill yuri and minho for telling him this.

" NO! " Angry, Jessica plucked up her courage and ran as fast as she can through the path. Finally, she saw light and she was out.

Still pouting, Jessica punched numbers into her cellphone.If he was gonna be such a pain in the , she was gonna make it even more annoying. Bring it on Kim Jonghyun, you seem to have forgotten that I'm Jessica Jung of SM haven't you?She thought as Jaejoong answered her call.

Jonghyun found Jessica sitting by the side,feet shifting about to keep herself warm as she texted on her cellphone.He sat beside her and his arm reached out to pull her tigher to warm her up.She flung his arms away.

" Come on! I was just playing with you.." He was using that stupid voice again.But honestly, it always work. But no, not this time! Jessica reminded herself.

"It's fine i'm used to it, you're just an " She was still pouting.Jonghyun wanted to pinch her cheeks.It was hard not to irritate her because she looked so damn cute when she's pissed off like that.

"Who're you texting?"

"Donghae oppa" Jonghyun sat up

" What do you mean donghae oppa?"

She looked at him smiling, satisfied with her evil plan.

"I thought it was so boring with just the two of us so I invited some people to join us",Jessica tossed her hair behind her shoulder as she spole. Jonghyun face distorted almost immediately.

--