Morning After III (Part 2)

Put Your Hands Where Mine Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Sehun, there's a Kai Wu waiting for you in the conference room." Sehun looked at his manager in disbelief and ran towards the conference room where two guys in suits waiting outside like a watch dog. Through the glass wall, he could see a man in casual sitting at the furthest seat of the conference table.

"Kai..." Sehun entered the room and the name came out of his mouth like a breath because he forgot he still remember that name. The said man turned his head and smiled. His eyes felt hot and wet once he saw his old friend who left them in the dark five years ago. Still handsome, sharp and immaculate, his aura can't be missed but Sehun knew something was missing from the man.

"Hey-" Before he could say anything, Sehun's fist flew faster than his words and hit him right in his jaw. The two bodyguards came running for their boss and held Sehun back from hitting Kai again.

"Save that for later, Kai. I've got the whole day to listen to the bull you did five years ago." Sehun released himself from the strong arms of the bulky bodyguards and buttoned his jacket before he left.

 

"So, how are you and Luhan?" Sehun's eyebrows rose at the question. He chuckled and looked around the coffee shop even though there was nothing to see. It was empty as Kai booked the whole shop so they can talk in peace. As expected from someone like Kai...

"Really? Is that the first thing you wanna ask me after five years? Don't ask me bull, Kai. Me and Luhan didn't work out. She dumped me right after you left." Sehun looked away from Kai's surprised face. He remembered Luhan telling Kai that they would still be together until the graduation. But sometimes, things would not go as we wanted it to be.

"I'm sorry..." Kai played with his fingers under the table, feeling guilty as if they broke up because of him. He knew everything will go down between him and Sehun after he left. He hated every seconds that he spent just thinking about how to apologize to Sehun but it had been five years and he only expected anger coming from Sehun's side.

"Sorry for what? When you left, you didn't just wreck everything but you wrecked me!" Sehun punched the table with his fist and stood up, turning his back against his friend. Kai who startled from his sudden outburst. He thought he was misheard but Sehun seemed so serious about it.

"W-what? I don't understand..."

"Luhan left me because she knew I loved you!" His loud voice bounced against the wall of the cafe, creating echo to Kai's ears or probably his guards. Three men in suits was ready with their fists when Sehun glared at them. Kai gave them a wave so they would not meddle in.

 

"Since when?" Kai asked after a few minutes of calming silent. Sehun stiffened but contained himself with the view of his half empty coffee cup.

"Remember when we stuck at Colorado on our crazy trip to Cali from Rhode Island?" Kai's heart stopped at the mention of Colorado. He remembered avoiding Colorado at all cost after that incident.

The smooth, the cold and the warmth.

And he shivered.

 

 

Sehun was his best friend since middle school. They met during the basketball playoff and Sehun immediately became his buddy and followed him everywhere he went. Two months before the graduation in the spring, Kai took Sehun and one of his father's car for a long trip from Rhode Island to San Francisco. They knew it was crazy but their heart told them otherwise.

"Which route, dude?" Kai asked when they left the town, ready to cross the border to Connecticut.

"Err...Just stay with I-95 I think. If we use another route, we might get lost and never get to see California's es." Kai laughed and Sehun just shook his head as he spread the map open before him.

"Better, we get to see es from every states." He winked at his best friend. Sehun nodded as he pointed at the map on I-80 route, brushing his finger over the states they will be crossing like big bad Bonnie and Clyde straight to San Francisco. It was crazy but worth it.

 

They were leaving Nebraska for Colorado when the weather decided to mess with their plan to go crazy fast to Las Vegas for Christmas Eve's poker game. The snow storm struck Denver like tsunami of shaved ice and they stuck in the middle of the traffic jam before they strayed to Boulder.

"Where in hell is this place?!" Kai was frustrated as he made an illegal U-turn at the junction.

"Well, this is Boulder and we better go back to Denver and use the I-70 route like I just told you before!" His friend in driver seat just grunted and drove a little faster than recommended by the DJ in the radio in regard of the worsened weather. 

"They said the storm will get worse for the next three days. It's okay if we miss the Christmas Eve's poker though. We should stay-"

"No! I've been waiting for that game since last year. We can't miss it this time! Trust me, we'll get there in no time if you stop leading us to nowhere. Dude, you only had one job - to man the map. That's it!" Sehun rolled his eyes and the sides of the map crumpled a bit due to his fist but it was pointless to fight with stone-headed Kai. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter