Morning After I

Put Your Hands Where Mine Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris was glad to wake up that morning to watch his wife rubbing her bulging stomach in front of the large mirror. Cladded only in Kris's boxer and baby tees, Chanyeol turned around to see her bottom. Kris stretched himself a bit, yawning and rolled over to the edge of the bed and sat silently. He smiled when his wife striked a few poses without noticing him once. He strolled over his wife and embraced her from the back.

"W-what the , Kris?! You want me to get a heart attack? You want me to die so bad so you can find a new girl?!" Chanyeol's heart beating so fast against her chest and she hit Kris's arm hard at his sudden appearance. He felt sorry for startling his wife and kissed her temple as an apology.

"I'm so sorry, dear. I can't help myself when I see you posing like a model in front of the mirror. What are you doing anyway?" Kris's arms tightened around her when Chanyeol laughed sheepishly, realizing that Kris just caught her doing embarrassing thing.

"I'm just...checking myself out. I noticed that my weight has dropped a few pounds." Chanyeol looked down to her stomach where Kris's hand splayed out freely. Kris sighed. This time, the morning sickness hit Chanyeol so bad that she vomitted almost everything she ate. It has been five months but she still couldn't wean off the sick spell. She couldn't eat anything else except the colorful dessert she always craved for, the premium mochi set Kris always gets for her from a japanese restaurant. Oh! And the strawberry milk too.

"At least you didn't throw up the mochi. Was it that good?" Kris asked when he noticed a speck of flour at the tip of Chanyeol's fingers and a wooden box of mochi on the vanity table. At the mention of mochi, she immediately brought her fingers to and the faint trace of flour and grinned at the reflection of his husband.

"Yes, babe. I want more. The one you bought yesterday has almost finished." She turned her back to kiss Kris's cheek with a hand holding Kris's nape from behind. He was so glad that Chanyeol is tall enough for them to kiss and hug. Standing at five foot ten, she can easily kiss Kris's lips without needing him to bow low. Kris once asked her why she refused to accept the model agency scout offer, she sadly confessed that she would want to if everyone agreed to shut their mouth and never talk about her dark past. Kris knew she can easily pass the Victoria Secret's audition with her y curvy bod, hell she could be a supermodel like Coco Rocha but her past hindered that dream from coming true.

"Okay. I'll buy as much as you want. Anything to please you, baby girl. But before that, do you want to join me in the shower?" Kris left Chanyeol in front of the mirror to get his towel and wait for Chanyeol to grab hers and both of them walked hand in hand into the bathroom.

 

Talking about marriage. Yes, he and Chanyeol got married for almost two years now. Things didn't go as Chanyeol planned though. A week after they met, Kris went to his parents and told them about his desire to marry Chanyeol. He was spooked when his parents agreed to his decision. They didn't oppose his plan to marry after they saw how beautiful Chanyeol were in person rather than listening to Kris babbling about her almost everyday. Not just a pretty face, his father said. He admitted he checked her background. He wasn't pleased with it but her achievement in academic told him otherwise.

"I don't mind about her past anymore, Kris. I know you love her so much that you'd flee with her if I tell you no. I just hope that she can help you with our business in the future. That's all I asked for. I realized that she's not just a pretty face. She's a beautiful and smart girl. I'm sure your mom would love her. She always wants a daughter and now, she's got one to brag on at the party." Kris chuckled at his father's words. He's a wise man indeed, always thinks of everything through.

He obeyed his mother's wish to hold their wedding at Guangzhou, their hometown when Kris asked for a secret wedding. It was a beautiful dream wedding Chanyeol have always wanted. Small but exclusive garden wedding, everything in pure white and surrounded with white blooming peonies.

Only a few business partners, families and friends came to the wedding. He didn't want his marriage to be a place to talk business. He just wants Chanyeol to be happy to celebrate such a wonderful day with her new family. Luckily, she picked up Mandarin when a Chinese family took her into foster care for a year back then so she didn't have any difficulties to talk around with his cousins and relatives.

On November 27, nothing else matters once they exchanged their vow to keep loving each other until their last breath. 

 

"Kris!" Upon hearing his wife's loud gasp all the way from the kitchen, he came running to her from their bedroom with wet hair and tee shirt stuck around his shoulder. He rushingly put his tees on as he skipped closer.

"W-what?" Kris d around to check for any injury but Chanyeol simply pushed his hand away and sighed. Her hand protectively covered her stomach.

"Sorry, babe. I spilt the milk. My hand slipped." Only then Kris's sight fell to a huge mess on the marble tiles next to the girl. He chuckled and pulled Chanyeol to the side as he crouched down with a rag in his hand.

"You're making me nervous. I thought you might have slipped or something..." Kris glanced up and saw how pale Chanyeol's face was at the sight of the puddle not far from her feet. She looked a little off. Something's on her mind. She should stop thinking about that thing...

"Dear, take a seat and let me clean the mess. I'll come to you in a bit, alright?" Chanyeol awkwardly nodded and climbed on the nearest stool, still staring at the mess with horror. Her hand rubbed her round stomach as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter