Morning After II

Put Your Hands Where Mine Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris massaged Chanyeol's nape as the girl hurled everything she just ate into the toilet bowl. Quiet sobs left every now and then along with the dinner he made for both of them. It had gotten worse where she felt sick only at the sight of food. Kris had to stop cooking and began to order pizza for every course when his wife appetite suddenly changed from "damn rotten mochi" to "pizza of the paradise" until it changed to only "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". Kris bought a lot of apples to cope up with Chanyeol's ever changing crave. 

They couldn't do anything about Chanyeol's decreasing weight. The baby stayed healthy but Chanyeol's deteriorating state was concerning. She has a severe morning sickness, didn't affect the baby at all (thank God!) but the baby appeared to be smaller than it supposed to be because of the lack of nutrient. As weird as it sounds, only apple can keep the sickness away so Chanyeol kept the remedy with a hope the baby wouldn't come out red and delicious.

"Six months along and I'm still vomiting like it's a ing hangover..." Chanyeol complained after she washed while Kris kept her hair behind. She can hardly leaned over the procelain sink with her growing belly so Kris helped her by wetting a towel and wiped her face.

"I know you think it's a burden to have me here with the baby..." Chanyeol sadly pouted and buried her tear-stained face against Kris's clothed chest.

"Chanyeol, you will never be a burden. Look who's still here after all the bites and puke all over my expensive shirt and pants? I'm here for you and the baby, Chanyeol. We'll get through this together until our baby is born, okay? Cheer up, babe! It's almost time for Supernatural rerun. Why don't we hurry up and take the couch already, huh?" Chanyeol's face turned from sour to her sweetest grin in no time when Kris mentioned her favorite TV series. She put the towel away and grabbed her cream silk robe from the closet.

"I couldn't imagine having all this sickness without you, Kris. Thank you for keeping up with my fit and the smell of my spilled guts." Chanyeol gave a quick peck on Kris's lips before the male led her down the stairs carefully.

"Are you sure we're going to watch the rerun or just another on the couch?"

"How did you know? Are you expecting it?"

"You liked it when I moaned out Dean's name when you came."

"W-what?! I did not! Never moan for someone else when you're with me!"

"But you really enjoyed our !"

"It was strictly not a and stop imagining things. You still hadn't enough of their fanfiction, don't you?"

"I like it when Sam watches us doing it. That little voyeur..."

"Just shut up and watch the damn TV! My god, what's wrong with this woman..." 

 

 

Kris can never escaped from Chanyeol's Gloomy Day. She'd be so quiet and slept throughout the day to keep her mind off the nightmare that was hanging around her head. Whenever she woke up, she will immediately touch her stomach and sighed in relief when she made sure nothing bad happen. Her insecurities brought Kris close to her every night. He had to wrap Chanyeol around with his long limbs, whispered sweet nothings to her and a hand securely placed under her belly so that she knew she was safe.

He put a conclusion to Chanyeol's clingy mood. It must be the past she had been keeping from Kris. Slowly, it burdened her and took charge of her current state of mind. He knew it's been a year since the bad memory took place in Chanyeol's heart. Chanyeol can easily wind it off with her fierce and strong personality but this time it tore her heart apart. He needed to know what happened back then. What happened with Chanyeol's first pregnancy? Did she lost it too or she put her baby on adoption? Every possibilities played themselves like a broken tape inside his head.

He had gone through Chanyeol's belonging in the closet twice, read through Chanyeol's so-called diary thrice but it only left him with ripped pages of oily paper and litany of Jack Daniel's splutter all over. He groaned in disbelief and put everything back in order just in case Chanyeol would find him reading about her bad PMS and old crushes.

Well, let just say he found something. Really small thing. Something that his drunken wife would have left in between asleep and wakefulness. He wasn't talking about the ripped page but what's left of it on the final page. He saw faint trace of smudged ink left on the empty last page of her diary. Probably the ink smudged because of Jack or coffee or whatever it was making the whole diary wet and dried to crisp.

"K-A-I...W-wait...That's all? Is it a name or what? Ughhh...Please! Don't leave me hanging-" Kris scratched at the blue stain and grunted.

"Kris! Get back down here! Now! Where's my socks? Are you knitting it now 'cause you've been upstairs for goddamn hours!" Kris accidentally dropped the diary on his foot. He hissed and jumped before he managed to keep everything back into the corner of the closet.

"Wait, baby! I'm coming!" He pulled out Chanyeol's socks from his pocket and ran downstairs.

"Sorry, babe. I was looking for the special pair." Kris thought he just saw Chanyeol turning into monster when the girl stood at the end of the stairs with red face and both hands on her waist.

"What the- Can't you just take the other pair? I got like a hundred pair of socks in that damn drawer!" Kris squinted his eyes at the yell but kept smiling innocently. He knew Chanyeol would be pissed but he liked her reaction when he did something to rile her up.

"You look good in stripes. That's all."

"Is it? Are you sure I can wriggle my toes with it?"

"Who says you can't? You can even pick beans with it. Now, can you please sit tight and let me put this on you?" Chanyeol sat on the recliner and put her foot on the glass table. Then, she glanced at Kris before she leaned down to kiss him on the nose.

"Love you, Kris..."

"Love you too, squirmy."

 

 

"I've never knew you have a stepbrother. Care to explain?" Chanyeol glanced at the man in the driver seat as they drove to the airport. Kris awkwardly laughed and scratched his neck.

"Never cared to tell you 'cause he's a brother from another mother. I've never favour him much though. We were on a bad term the last time I saw him. We're completely opposite in every aspect of life. While I'm stuck here, he loves freedom. He left me here to serve my parents as the right heir. I'm jealous that he's got the luxury not to care about family business and life. He's always on his ridiculous road trip. Hell, I'd come with him if he ever bothers to ask." Chanyeol could see a bit of longing swimming inside Kris's eyes. He must have missed his brother. Not much but enough to make him upset about his unheard brother.

"What is he doing in Seoul anyway? I thought he would be living together with Pa and Ma." Kris bit his lower lip and gripped on the steering harder.

"He ran away to Korea after his mom died and never came back. He disappeared again from our radar after he received his degree. Pa always kept an eye on him though he's miles away from us. Last time I heard about him was his bodyguard found him almost dead from overdose two years ago. Never knew he was that ill until that happened." Kris sighed and rubbed Chanyeol's thigh gently to calm himself. She had countless visit to hospital before for overdosing and alcohol poisoning but to hear that kind of thing again must be a shock for her. It gave her a lot of bad memories to begin with.

"He's ill?"

"Yeah..."

 

"There he is! Jonginnie!" Kris waved his hand towards his brother as he left Chanyeol who was sitting on a bench not far from the entrance. The boy ran into his older brother's embrace and hugged him tight.

"I thought you wouldn't come." Jongin's voice muffled by Kris's clothed shoulder but Kris simply ignored his sad statement by squeezing him harder.

"You've gotten skinnier, dude. What did you do?" Kris gripped Jongin's bicep and ogled his little brother from head to toe. He looked a bit thinner and paler than before but the smile on his face expertly covered the tiredness in his eyes.

"This little rascal...Ma will kill you if she saw your hair!" He muffled Jongin's blonde hair and the boy let out a loud laugh from the affection.

"Let her be. Enjoy this life while you can, bro. No one's gonna live it for you. Where's your wife? Let me see your preggy honey bae!" Jongin looked around and Kris just pulled him towards an occupied bench. Chanyeol squinted her eyes and smiled when he saw Kris skipping to her direction with someone running behind him. When their eyes met, Chanyeol gasped with a hand covering .

"T-this is J-Jongin?"

"Your honey bae is Park Chanyeol?"

"W-wait...You know each other?"

"More than that, ge."

 

 

"So, you two knew each other way back in Duquesne? Did I miss something?" Kris asked as he glanced at Chanyeol's back, who picked to sit close to the heater across them sipping on her hot chocolate in a warm coffee shop.

"Yeah. What happens in Duquesne stays in Duquesne, dude. Scout's honor. Frat's head protects his own." Jongin smirked and looked aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter