Lightning

My Best Friend, My Lover?

After Shinhwa's promotion ended, the members decided to just stay-in and rest before their next promotion starts. So there they were, in the living room having a relaxing time. Minwoo and Dongwan have already gone out to watch a movie after Minwoo kept on pestering him to watch a sci-fi movie. Andy and Junjin were just watching tv, yes, the CEO has decided to buy them a TV for entertainment. 

While the Ricsyung's couple, they were just enjoying their private time together on the couch. Eric with his laptop and headphone while Hyesung with his sketchbook. Although he lied down on Eric's thigh, he still managed to draw prettily. Besides taking a good photographs, Hyesung knows how to draw. But only pictures of sceneries.

'Is this okay Junghyuk?' Hyesung looked up at the rapper who was composing some songs in his laptop.

'This is pretty... But I think you should darken this part to make it more real' Eric pointed at the tree and the swing in the sketch.

Hyesung put his fingers on his chin and observed. Then he nodded in agreement and did what Eric said.

The artist suddenly sit up after he finished with his drawing causing Eric to raise his eyebrows.

'What's wrong Hyesungie?'

'I'm hungry. Do you want any snacks?' Eric nodded.

Hyesung stood up and made his way to the kitchen. Andy and Junjin who were listening to their conversation just smiled and anticipated for snacks. Hyesung usually made the best snacks and will make for everyone. They just smiled widely and continued to watch tv.

'Here you go' Hyesung gave Eric a plate of apples with peanut butter which was his favourite snack.

'Thank you~' 

'What are you doing?' Hyesung asked, still notice Junjin's and Andy's presence.

'Trying to compose new songs for our next promotion. Minwoo told me to write a few so that he can create some dance moves and see whether if it's fit or not' Eric looked at Hyesung and shifted his gaze back to the laptop. 

Hyesung just sat quietly, enjoying the comfortable silence besides Eric not until Andy faked a cough.

'Junjin! Andy! Since when are you guys here?' Hyesung looked at them amused.

Their jaws dropped as he couldn't hear what they were listening. They've been in the living room for an hour, with the TV on!

'Oh hey guys. We didn't realise you're here' Eric just waved hi and continued with his work.

The duo wanted to punch the couple. How can they be so absorbed in their own world?! Couldn't they hear Fast & Furious that was been playing ages ago and they can assure them that the movie isn't a quiet movie.

'We were here just around the same time as you!' Andy glared at them.

'We thought that you were making snacks for us!' Junjin faked a sob.

Hyesung was stunned by his remarks and chuckled awkwardly, 'Hahaha, sorry guys. So, what do you want for snacks?'

Andy and Junjin looked at each other and grinned, 'We want toast bread with hot chocolate!' they said.

'Okay' he nodded.

'I'll help you Hyesungie' Eric closed his laptop and out it on the table. 

'Sure!' Hyesung smiled and made his way to the kitchen.

'I couldn't believe that they didn't realise us' Junjin sighed and faked a disappointment face.

'That's it!' Andy said and made a group chat with consists of Minwoo, Dongwan, Junjin and him. He named the group as Ricsyung.

*Andy : You don't believe what just happened*

*Minwoo : What?*

*Junjin : We were in the living room, watching TV*

*Dongwan : So?*

*Andy : THEY DIDN'T FREAKING NOTICE US WHEN WE WERE ACTUALLY IN THE SAME AREA FOR AN HOUR!! That couple I tell ya, really unbelievable*

*Minwoo : HAHAHAHAHA. What are they doing now?*

Junjin took a picture of Hyesung and Eric making their snacks in the kitchen. But more like Eric leaning his back against the counter and looked at Hyesung who was toasting the bread with a loving expression.

*Minwoo : Wah, so cuteeee! <3*

*Junjin : What should we do to make them confession?*

*Dongwan : Tie them up and forced them to spill everything*

*Andy : Seems fine to me*

*Minwoo : Eyyy, don't violent here please*

Their chat was put on hold when Eric and Hyesung came back with Junjin's and Andy's snack. 

Later that evening, Dongwan and Minwoo came back from their date. They saw Hyesung and Eric sitting casual on the couch with Eric's arm around Hyesung's neck.

'Eyyy, what are you guys doing? You look like a couple to me' Minwoo teased as it was his original plan to win the bet.

Hyesung and Eric were flustered by his words and just chuckled. Hyesung suddenly put his arm around Eric's while Eric placed his on Hyesung's shoulder.

'Just cuddling' Eric said and continued watching the TV.

'Yup, it's comfy' Hyesung nodded and continued watching the TV.

Minwoo just tsk as he failed his mission. He received some smirks from the other members as they figured out what he was trying to do. Minwoo grumbled as he made his way into the room causing Dongwan, Junjin and Andy to laugh.

'What's wrong?' Hyesung looked at them.

'Nothing~' they chirped happily.

Eric looked at Hyesung and just shrugged his shoulder.

The next night was a raining night. But not just any raining night. There were lightnings and strong wind outside the dorm. Everyone was still asleep except for one particular person. Eric. He suddenly woke up from his sleep as he felt thirsty. He dragged his body to the kitchen and after drinking a glass of plain water, he walked back to his room not until he heard voices from the clothes room.

Being a curious guy, Eric slowly opened the door and peeked inside.

'Junghyukkie?' 

Eric sighed and the lamp. His guess was right, it was Hyesung.

'Why are you here? Why aren't you supposed to be at your room?' Eric sat opposite him. The rapper could see tears in Hyesung's eyes.

'What happened?! Why are you crying?' Eric asked with much concern.

BOOM!

A loud lightning strikes again causing Hyesung to jump in surprised and quickly hugged Eric.

'I-I'm scared o-of the lightning' he started crying.

'But why didn't you sleep in your room? You'll feel safe there' Eric rocked his body together with Hyesung hoping that the artist would calm down.

'But I feel safer here' Hyesung muttered.

Eric smiled at his cuteness and said, 'Let's just sleep here tonight. I'll stay with you. So that when you wake up first thing in the morning, I would be here for you' 

Hyesung who was touched by Eric's words just nodded. 

'Next time, just call me. Don't be alone'

'Okay. Goodnight Junghyuk-ah'

'Night Hyesungie'

Soon, he managed to fall asleep and seconds later, Eric followed him to the dreamland.

'Good morning, hyung!' Andy yawned and sat at the dining table waiting for breakfast.

'Wow, you're early!' Minwoo amused.

'Haha, very funny. I know that Hyesung hyung hyung woke up earlier, so don't lie' Andy sarcastically said.

'I'm serious! Hyesung didn't wake up yet. Is he in your room?' Andy shook his head.

'Bathroom?'

'I was the last person' 

'Morning' Junjin stretched his arms and sat besides Andy.

He glanced around and noticed something, 'Where's Eric hyung?' he asked.

'He's not in your room?'

He shook his head, 'Why?'

'Hyesung's gone too' Minwoo said.

'Wait!' Andy suddenly slammed the table but got hit by Dongwan who appeared from behind, placing two plates of scramble eggs on the table and sat across Minwoo.

'There were lightning yesterday right?'

They nodded.

'And Eric hyung is gone?' 

'After midnight' Junjin said.

'Hyesung hyung is scared of lightnings. And the only place that he feels safe is...' 

Everyone looks at that one particular room. They stood up and stood in front of the room. 

'Should we enter?' Andy asked.

'Yeah but slowly'

'And quietly'

Minwoo as the mother of the group quietly opened the door and crept inside.

And there were Hyesung and Eric sleeping peacefully like a baby. Eric wrapped his arms around the main singer and Hyesung just placed his hands on the rapper's fingers.

'Aww they look so cute' Minwoo started to fangirl about the couple.

'Let them sleep. They'll wake up soon' Dongwan announced and exited the room.

Andy, Junjin and Minwoo just followed the 'father' and sat at the dining table. Minutes later, Hyesung and Eric woke up and went to have breakfast with other members.

'Morning~' they said with their eyes semi opened.

The members didn't say anything but constantly giving signals about them. Eric walked to the fridge and gave Hyesung a glass of milk and a cookie.

'Here'

'Thank you~' 

'I thought you don't like milk' Andy asked. Hyesung is the only one who hates milk because of the gross taste.

'I don't' Hyesung shrugged and continued eating his cookie.

Everyone looked at him more weirdly because he was drinking MILK. The drink that he hates the most.

'He always need to have milk and cookie after being scared. Surprisingly, it makes Hyesungie calmed' Eric explained causing him to nodded agreeing.

The members were dumbfounded by the new info they got, 'And how did you know this?' Junjin raised his eyebrows.

'I notice' Eric just shrugged his shoulder and continued eating his breakfast. That morning, they realised that the leader knows Hyesung better than anyone else.