Welcome Back

Behind The Scene With 2ne1

The moment I went through the entrance door into our shared apartment I could smell the scent of something burning. The muffled sound of clanking pans and yells could be heard from the direction of the kitchen.

 

I took off my shoes, put down my bags and instead of going straight into the bathroom as I had planned, I walked over to the kitchen door.

 

I slowly opened the door to have the numerous sounds become considerably louder. 

 

Inside the kitchen I could see 3 figures with different colored aprons running around frantically, smoke coming from the direction of the oven.

 

The whole scene was quite amusing but I had to interfere before someone got hurt. 

 

I went inside the kitchen, loudly closing the door behind me to make my presence known.

 

The 3 group members turned around and, after a short pause, started screaming happily, all running in my direction to then throw themselves on me, nearly strangling me.

 

"Oh finally, you're back!" squeaks Dara happily.

 

After a few minutes of hugging, screaming and jumping around I took in their current state.

 

They were covered here and there with colored frosting and were very dark from the smoke sticking to their faces and clothes.

They were all wearing the same goofy grin.

 

"What happened to you guys?" I asked, letting out a laugh, not being able to contain myself any longer.

 

We are making a cake to celebrate your coming back home." said Bom with sparkling eyes looking at me.

 

I looked around.

 

"And where is the cake?" I asked, not being able to locate a cake anywhere in sight but already predicting the answer.

 

"Well.." Minzy ran over to the oven and using a kitchen glove, took a pan out of the oven and brought it over. "This was supposed to be it" she said.

 

I looked into the pan but there was no cake. There wasn't even a blatt for a cake. Instead, there was some kind of black, greasy substance, that didn't really look edible.

 

"Sorry.." said Dara sheepishly, looking at their creation. Or more like distruction.

 

"It's the thoght that counts" I look at them all. "Plus it would have spoiled my plans to take you guys out to dinner." I smile.

 

"Really? But where could we go out to eat? The fans are everywhere, waiting for their pray, which are the idols so that they can ATTACK US WITH CAMERAS!!" says Bom dramatically.

 

"Calm down. I know a few great places near Han River where we can go eat in peace with no fans disturbing us. If fact, I can think of a really nice club where there is no chance of paparazzi ruining our night" I thought out loud.

 

"Ok then." says Minzy "I think we have a plan for the night."