Chapter 06: The Beginning of the Operation

Smile 4 Urself

 

❈♍❈

Three Days Later

Kame shuffled his way into the apartment with Jin towing behind, they were totally worn out. It had been three days that Jin started to help out at the cabaret club and Kame swore that the customers had been increasing since day one. He believed that Mi-chan would immediately hire Jin if he didn’t have a job. The girl never missed a chance to make more money.

“I’m dying,” Kame groaned when he entered the living room and plopped face-down onto the white sofa, not wanting to move.

“And I thought the butler restaurant was hell, this is the hollow of it!” Jin remarked, finding himself leaned against the back rest of the sofa, having no energy left.

“I don’t want to move an inch,” Kame moaned out, relaxing into the sofa.

“But we can’t sleep here, who can guess what Koki bring back to the apartment,” Jin shivered at the thought, having been living with the other man for roughly three months now. Jin had had seen Koki brought home girls for a one night stand. Each time Kame and Jin would witness the girl scurried off in a hurry out of the apartment the next morning.

“I don’t care really, I don’t want to leave this spot, it’s too comfy,” Kame deadpanned, rubbing the soft mattress of the couch with his one hand.

“Ugh! Now I have to deal with a childish Kazuya,” Jin groaned, not liking the fact that he would have to drag the younger one to the bedroom again for the third night!

“Com’on! I’ll carry you,” Jin finally decided, he just had to take the lead or else they would end up in the living room. He stood up tiredly, turning to Kame and rolling his eyes at the unmoved body. He gathered his last strength and picked up the younger man’s body off the couch. Kame’s one arm swung over to Jin’s shoulder as the older man supported Kame to the bedroom.

He turned the door's knob but it was locked.He remembered the younger man had the habit of locking his room whenever he was off to work; his excuse was Koki’s curiosity of how many pieces of clothes he owns. Jin reached his hand into Kame’s back jeans’ pockets to search for the keys, but they didn’t seem to be in where he thought they should.

“Kazuya, where did you put your room’s keys?” Jin asked, shaking Kame lightly; the younger man moved his hand to touch the front pockets but there was none.

“Maybe I left them in my uniform,” Kame said sleepily.

“Hmmm, Koki has a spare key to your room, but he is out now and he always locks his room,” Jin said logically. “Whatever, you can crash in my room,” Jin decided, hurriedly taking Kame to his room, he could see an unpleasant frown on Kame’s face. It was a sign that the man was getting annoyed and would snap any time soon; he had learned that much about Kame for the past three months. Never pissed off a sleepy or a hungry Kame, second on the list; just an advice. He then dragged Kame to his own room and carefully placed the man onto the bed.

“Well, that was one hell of an exercise,” Jin mumbled, stretching his arms up high as the sleepiness slowly took over, he motioned to push Kame’s form over to the other side of the bed to have some spaces for himself and then immediately crashed down and called it a night. He wondered when Yamaa would call him back to work. For training newbies, three days were more than enough to teach them every detail in the restaurant, unless the trainee was a slow learner.

Unbeknown to them there was an eye keeping them on check, the fire-alarm lookalike camera were recording every move of theirs and transferring the signal to no other place than Maru’s café in the suburban area.

Maru turned his head lightly to Koki and gave the man a good frown, “I just didn’t hear that,” he said with his almost disbelieving voice.

“What?” Koki said with the most innocent eyes he could make.

“Seriously? What kind of you bring to the apartment normally?” he said with his interesting stare.

“I hate your stare,” Koki shivered, seeing the glint of mischievous in the older man’s eyes.

“You know I love it when you kiss and tell,” Mi-chan joined into the conversation and laughed out loudly as so the rest of the people in the group.

“Really now? We are focusing on them or me?” Koki tried to get away from the trap.

“Good one~” Mi-chan singsong as the others just shook their heads.

“Now we have them working in the same club, going home at the same time, etc; what else is there to be done?” Ueda asked from his spot, pushing the French vanilla cappuccino to Yamaa.

“If only we get them to work for about a week or more, you know building the closeness,” Mi-chan suggested, eyes glancing over to Yamaa.

“Only if I can think up of a good enough excuse this time around, because training newbies usually takes less than three days,” Yamaa reasoned.

“What are other excuses that would have Jin off work for a week? And no we are not going to inject some flu-virus in him and have the boy bedridden; what is the fun in that?” Mi-chan stopped Junno from voiced out his thoughts; the tall waiter just pouted.

“Well there is one…not sure if I should try it out though,” Yamaa said after a long pause. The rest turned to him expecting. “I’ll talk to him about it, it’s something can only be done between men…” he looked at the group of people who gave him the so-we-are-not-men look, he gulped loudly at the stares as he immediately added, “…as in best friends, you know only best friends can talk with each other about this matter; male best friends,” he hurriedly corrected.

The rest just nodded accepting his words, letting the man do the work he proposed; as long as they get the second step into progress.

 ❈

Kame woke up in his groggily mood, unable to make out where he was, last night he was totally worn out; he only remembered little bit about the whole ordeal of walking home half-asleep and then Jin carried him to his room. He rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand as he sat up on the bed, trying to move out, but something stopped him. He frowned at a log that blocking his way, only seconds later that he registered said log was actually Jin, who wrapping in his blanket and sleeping like a baby.

“So I left my keys again,” Kame rolled his eyes, how many times he had forgotten his keys in the locker room of the club, he could never finish the counting.

“Morning,” Jin mumbled under the blanket, the shifting on the bed had woke him up. The blanket was pulled down and Jin revealed himself as he looked at Kame with a smile.

“Morning,” Kame said smiling back, “thanks for dragging me to bed,” he thanked the others.

“Nothing much, better than to see you catching the cold before Christmas,” Jin yawned, stretching his arms and then sat up to face Kame. “What time it is?” he asked, trying to find his phone.

“I don’t know,” Kame replied, also trying to find his phone somewhere in his jeans.

“It’s almost noon,” a reply came from the door, the two forms on the bed looked up at the door.

“What are you doing here Pi?” Jin asked, turning his attention to the intruder.

“I have something to discuss with you,” Yamaa said, looking over to Kame who having his eyes closed again. “Living room? I don’t want to disturb his sleep,” Yamaa said, jerking his head at Kame. Jin turned and saw the sleepy face; he shook his head and pushed the blanket off, heading out of the bedroom with Yamaa. Kame watched as the two people going to the living room, debating to get up or to sleep, and looked like his subconscious loves sleep more.

When Jin and Yamaa were out into the living room, Jin noticed Yamaa was a bit fidgeting, and that didn’t feel right.

“What is it you want to talk about?” Jin asked, wanting to get to the point.

“Can you work at the cabaret for another week?” Yamaa said, waiting for Jin’s reaction.

“Why?” Jin asked blankly, not seeing why he should obligate.

“You know I’m interested in Mi-chan, right? Just…you know…” he said still looking nervous.

“I’m not stalking anyone at my friend’s request,” Jin said flat out, “and why do you get fidgeted? She does not bite; well, a little if you are on her bad side; however, it doesn’t look like she hates you,” Jin reasoned for his friend.

“I don’t know why, it just happens, and I’m asking you a big favor here,” Yamaa said with pleading eyes.

“You were never like this before,” Jin said annoying.

“Exactly! Because this is my first time being like this, I need your help; com’on I help you out with your home situation, at least help me on this one,” Yamaa tried, he knew the other didn’t like to owe favor.

Jin looked at Yamaa for a good measure, then he decided to hell with it, and the club paid him good anyway, “Fine! But I get paid for those hours; not like I’m asking for a leave,” Jin dealt it out with Yamaa; his friend flashed him a wide grin and agreed to the term.

“Thanks, and now you can be back to sleep,” Yamaa said, waving his hand at Jin as he started to leave the place.

“How did you get in anyway?” Jin asked when his coherence came back to him.

“Koki let me in,” Yamaa quickly replied, glad that Jin accepted it and his cover didn’t blow up.

“Ok, then I guess Kazuya won’t be locked out of his room then, he would go berserk if he can’t change into new clothes,” Jin murmured his horror and then saw Yamaa out.

When the door closed, Yamaa breathed out a sigh of relief, thanking that he managed a good job.

“I see your intention here,” Maru’s voice startled him, making him jolt from his spot.

“Nakamaru-san,” he almost shouted the other’s name.

“Anyway, that one is done, we’ll see how things go for a week, and for you…good luck, your chance is quite small,” the older man laughed and then wrapped his arm around Yamaa’s shoulder; the two walked off together back to their ‘headquarter’, also known as Maru’s café.

When Jin returned to his room, he saw that Kame was sprawling all over his bed, enjoying the extra space. He then went over to Koki’s room to check and saw that it was unlocked; he knocked on it lightly before entering. Koki jumped up at the creaking of the door.

“What is it?” Koki asked from the closet.

“Can you unlock Kazuya’s room? I think he forgot his keys somewhere at work,” Jin said, ready to head out.

“Sure, the keys are in the first drawer of the nightstand.” Koki pointed to the nightstand, signaling for Jin to go ahead while searching for his missing necklace.

Jin ignored the man’s cussing at the invisible object, moving over to the nightstand and took the keys. He unlocked Kame’s room and then headed off to his room to wake Kame up. It was a little after noon, they needed to get ready for their night shift again anyway.

“Kazuya, time to get up,” Jin said softly as he moved Kame’s body lightly. The younger man just stirred in his position, not really opened his eyes to look at Jin.

“Five more minutes,” Kame moaned in his sleepy voice.

“It was fifteen minutes ago that you said that,” Jin laughed at Kame’s childish groan.

“Promise, only five more,” Kame said, not wanting to be up.

“It’s your turn to make lunch, Koki will make a fuss if no lunch is served,” Jin reminded the other of their weekly chores.

“He can buy food at convenience store; you think I can cook with eyes close?” Kame complained, turning away from Jin.

“If you are coherence enough to give me that long answer, then you can cook with an eye closes,” Jin joked and he could hear Kame’s snickers from under the pillow.

“I will not take responsible if this place fills with smoke,” Kame smirked, slowly bringing his body up from the bed.

“I doubt such scenario would likely to happen, but I’m glad you are up now,” Jin smiled, turning to pick up the blanket Kame just kicked off the bed.

“Anyway, how many more minutes I have until Koki is off to work?” Kame asked, looking at Jin.

“I saw he was looking for something in his closet,” Jin tried to remember what Koki was doing earlier.

“Meaning he would be in the shower soon,” Kame’s eyes lit up at the realization and Jin could see the younger man had something in mind.

“What is it?” Jin chuckled when Kame wiggled his brows at him.

“Remember our talk about invading Koki’s bathroom?” Kame winked as a grin crossed his beautiful face.

“I thought you were joking,” Jin said with a playful smirk.

“Well, I never let a good opportunity pass,” Kame grinned.

“Then what are we waiting for?” Jin smirked along and the two of them already stripped out of their clothes, only boxers were on and off to Koki’s bathroom. This would shut Koki’s complaint for the next couple of weeks, they was so sure of it.

 “What is wrong with you?” Ueda asked when he saw Koki entered the café with a shock expression.

“I can use a hug right now, where is Mi-chan? I want the queen of attitude to snap this out of me,” Koki pleaded with his almost crying face.

“Whoa, what did they do to you?” Junno said from his spot, walking back from the table I just served.

“He got attacked by the duo,” Mi-chan said from her spot, popping up from behind the counter.

“I’m glad I got out of there before they even start it,” Yamaa said from his spot, popping up next to Mi-chan.

“Why are you here?” Koki said frowning at the presence of Yamaa.

“I can watch my employee through my phone,” Yamaa showed Koki the phone and the other man just nodded.

“Technology freaks,” Koki just shrugged.

“How was the shower?” Maru asked after coming out from the kitchen, there were not many customers to serve at this hour anyway.

“Don’t even remind me of that,” Koki said shivering, walking around to behind of the counter and hugged Mi-chan, “save me please,” he said faking sobs on Mi-chan’s shoulder.

“Ok, Ok, Ok, I’ll save your innocence later,” Mi-chan patted the spiked hair man’s back.

“Thank you,” Koki wiped his fake tears with gratitude, “can I ask for Nana-chan?” he requested and Mi-chan just shot him a perfect death glare.

“You’re pushing it,” Mi-chan hardened her tone and Koki knew exactly when to retreat.

“Anyway, what we shall surprise them next?” Junno asked, wanting to know the details.

“Wait until that time then,” Mi-chan and Yamaa grinned knowingly, they had perfectly put together a surprise attack on the two.