Chapter 14: Even with Tension, A Surprise "Happy Birthday" is on its way

Smile 4 Urself

 

❈♍❈

-Days Later-

It had been three days and the tension in the apartment only grew denser and became unbearable for the tenants. Kame had noticed that Mi-chan had become less talkative and her favorite passing time, torturing or slaving Koki, had also come to a stop. For Koki, instead of feeling grateful and overjoy, he also felt something was wrong with the situation in the apartment as of now; somehow he missed the highly majestic Mi-chan. However, Mi-chan was not the only one showing unusual signs, Jin had noticed the changes in Yamaa’s mood lately, it seemed like his best friend has become more brightened up. Of course, Jin was not blind to not notice the cause of such changes was inflicted by no other than Yui.

Kame and Jin were feeding Ren when Mi-chan came into the kitchen with Yam and joined the two. The girl didn’t say anything like how she normally would, she focused on feeding Yam and once in a while she would turn to Ren and pet the fluff ball’s head. The two other occupants only watched in wonder. A few minutes later, Yamaa came into the kitchen still half-asleep. He greeted the other two and walked over to Mi-chan to give her a kiss on her cheek. The girl still didn’t say anything.

“You don’t have to go to the cabaret today, right?” Yamaa settled down on a chair next to Mi-chan and started the conversation.

“Indeed, I do,” the girl replied shortly, paying her full attention on Yam.

“Really? What time you have to go in?” Yamaa asked, curious.

Mi-chan turned to her phone and checked the time then stood up, “in half an hour, I should get ready now, and can you look after Yam for me? Thanks,” she her heels and to her now shared room with Yui. However, before she reached the door, Yamaa quickly appeared at the hallway and asked.

“Is Yui still sleeping?”

Mi-chan gave the man an unimpressed look and hand twisted the door knob, she turned to step into the room and answered, “still asleep like a log,” she answered loud enough for him to hear without disturbing the other girl’s beauty sleep. Yamaa nodded and returned to the kitchen. He walked over to Yam and fed the kid, didn’t notice the widen-eyes Jin and jaw-dropped Kame.

“What?” Yamaa asked, looking at them weirdly.

“I can’t believe you,” Kame said with shock.

“Can’t believe what?” Yamaa fended innocent and carried on with his morning routine.

“Now I wonder it is just a fling to you,” Jin said in place of Kame, knowing his boyfriend couldn’t utter another word without lashing Yamaa straight out.

“What are you talking about?” Yamaa turned to look at his best friend with a frown.

“Whatever!” both Jin and Kame halted the topic the minute Mi-chan reappeared back to the kitchen in her presentable image.

“See you three later,” the girl said, giving Kame and Jin a peck on the cheek and pat Yam’s head, completely ignored Yamaa’s existence, she then walked out and closed the door behind her.

Jin and Kame exchanged glances with a sigh; they wondered when this couple would reach their ends, look like things are only getting more complicated day after day.

“Can you look after the restaurant today for me?” Yamaa requested, after finishing his breakfast and feeding Yam. Jin cocked his brows questioning and Yamaa decided to answer that, “Yui and I are going shopping today, I’ll come back at later hour,” he informed causing a bewildered look on Jin’s face. Yamaa noticed the shock stares from the couple but he had no time for explanation or anything of the sort, he had a date to catch, and by the noises coming from Yui and Mi-chan’s share room, he believed the younger girl was already up.

As Yamaa disappeared into Koki’s room, Kame shook his head in disbelief, still trying to understand the situation, but he just couldn’t get it. He looked over to Jin with his silent concern and Jin only stared back with the same puzzled expression.

“Let’s go to our room,” Jin suggested, thinking it would best for them to bring this discussion behind closed door, out of the hearing range of the three people in this triangle. Kame nodded and followed the older man to their room. The moment the door was closed tightly, Kame immediately plopped on soft bed.

“What do you think about this?” Jin asked, standing by the door, he haft-wanted to know what Yamaa and Yui would do, now that the two were free from their surveillance.

“I’m giving up,” Kame said dreadfully. “I’m not taking sides or whatsoever, because the change in Yamaa is partly Midori’s fault, she knows how to consult others but she doesn’t know how to solve her own problem, a man has his own needs and limit. YamaPi has reached that limit and I don’t blame him for it,” Kame analyzed fairly but Jin could detest that little anger in his voice.

“But....” Jin said with an open suggestion.

Kame heaved out a sigh and continued his opinion, “but as her cousin, I don’t like to see Midori being ‘cheated’ on or being played by others. The girl has been through so much but trusting other is a HUGE issue for her, it’s not the matter of short term, it’s a long term issue. She warms up to you because I trust you and you are my boyfriend now, but she has a hard time when it comes to YamaPi, do remember that he was once a play boy, you don’t expect her to just wipe up the fact and go along with it, she is not like that.” Kame concluded, feeling his headache slowly creeping up to his brain.

“You think it’s better to leave things this way?” Jin asked the other’s opinion; he knew better to not get himself involve in this matter.

“Try to stay away from this for now, we can’t change a person’s mind, when the person has lost the common sense, let wait until they crawl to us for him,” Kame decided for the better end, it was better that way for them all. Let the couple figure things out on their own, if they were meant to be, they would end up together; if not, it was a good memory for both.

“Now that is out of the way, we should focus on us?” Jin smiled, walking towards their bed and cuddled Kame into his embrace.

“I have work later on, and you have work in…an hour,” Kame checked the time and glanced at Jin with a smile.

“We can do a lot of things in an hour you know,” Jin said suggestive and Kame just rolled his eyes.

“I never know you can be this much of a ert,” Kame laughed and Jin just smirked, pulling the blanket over their heads as their giggling becoming louder then turned into sensual moans.

 Jin made his way towards the swing area in the park; he smiled upon spotting the sulking girl with an ice-cream in her hand. He placed their lunch bag on top of her head when he had reached her.

“Sulking again?” Jin chuckled when the girl looked at him with annoyance.

“Don’t put stuff on my head!” the girl gritted, squatting the bag away.

Jin just laughed and settled on the swing next to her, “cheer up, I brought us lunch, at least be grateful,” he said and opened the bag to fish out her portion.

“Why are you buying me lunch today?” she asked.

“Can I be nice to my boyfriend’s cousin?” Jin replied with a scoff.

“That’s why I’m worried,” Mi-chan said back with a grin.

“You’re quick!” he praised mockingly.

“Whatever, spill it,” Mi-chan took the food and started to dig in, she wouldn’t like it if her stomach hating on her later.

“Kazu’s birthday is coming up,” Jin said, carefully studying the girl’s expression, a spark in Mi-chan’s eyes told him that she had completely forgotten about the second biggest event of the year.

“Are you planning a surprise for him?” She asked, curiously.

“Maybe,” Jin said with a grin, “of course with your help,” he smiled sweetly at her.

“Anything to get my mind busy,” Mi-chan smiled back with her victory-hand-sign.

Catching the oddity in her sentence, Jin thought about the event earlier that day and dared to ask the girl on the matter at hand.

“How are things with Pi?”

The girl stopped devouring her food; eyes glanced to the faraway distance, hands dropping on her laps in deep thought. She shook her head a minute later and continued on with her food, “Nothing,” she said.

“That doesn’t seem like ‘nothing’,” Jin pointed out and poked her cheek playfully.

“Nothing, really,” Mi-chan repeated to reassure the older one, but she knew that her acting skill was really horrible.

“Even though Kazu told me to not get involved but seeing you like this is quite heartbroken,” Jin said smiling, for as long as he could remember, he had always treated the girl like his little sister, maybe she was a bit too arrogant but that was just part of her, there was no doubt that she meant no harm to others with her words.

“Pity, isn’t it?” Mi-chan gave a crook smile at the mention.

“Not quite, more like you’re torturing yourself with these doubts and uncertainties,” Jin began, “I don’t know exactly how you are feeling, but one thing I’ve learned from my experience, if you want something, go and get it, don’t wait on fate, it’s only a waste of your time,” Jin advised with a smile, “It might seem absurd and out of characters, but isn’t that what it is all about?”

“Anyway, what do you want me to do?” Mi-chan asked, trying to avert the topic.

Jin just shook his head and sighed at the girl, “Well, when you need someone to talk to, I’m all ears,” Jin offered and then moved on to explain his plan to Mi-chan.

-The Day-

The ringing alarm sounded through the silent air, Kame turned to the sound and swung his hand to stop the annoying sound. He turned back on his side and snuggled closer to Jin, who in turn tightened the embrace. However, his sweet moment was being disturbed by another ringing sound, this time it was much louder and seemed angrier. Kame groaned loudly and sat up in search for his phone. He spotted it at the other side of the bed, feeling lazy Kame let it be and lied back down. The ringing had stopped, only for a few second before it rang off again. He grunted out grudgingly and crawled his way across the bed, hovered on top of Jin to get to the nightstand and grabbed his phone.

“What!” He answered harshly, didn’t care to check who was the caller.

“What?! You dare to what me?! You ing lazy bum! Where the are you? I’m going to freeze to and die waiting for you at this park! Or I will get in this deserted park and Ryo will be after you!” Ueda shouted into his phone, which made Kame opened his eyes in shock.

“You’re already at the park?” Kame asked, glancing over to the clock. He heave out a soft “!” but it was heard by Ueda.

“You forgot about our jogging date, didn’t you?” Ueda said accusingly.

“No…” Kame tried to deny.

“Yea, right~ Now hurry your up! I’m freezing!” Ueda ordered before hung up. Kame immediately bounced off the bed and to the restroom, it was not a good idea to make a fuming Ueda wait.

Kame was amazed at how fast he got ready and out of the apartment, it only took him ten minutes for the whole morning course. He completely forgot giving Jin a morning kiss before leaving, but then that would delay his time and Ueda would skin him if the other was going to wait anymore later. He reached the park and spotted the other man right away, it was hard to not notice a very bright yellow “thing” hunched up at a lone bench, Kame felt like rolling down the floor at the bright outfit.

“You’re very eye catching,” Kame said snickering as he came closer. The other just glared at him and stood up for a warm up.

“Shut up, it’s my prevent-kidnap tactic,” Ueda announced, Kame arched his brows questioning. “If I ever got kidnap, you guys can quickly identify me, or people can see me easily. So you will find me faster,” Ueda grinned.

“Oh that,” Kame finally understood and nodded his head, still blinking his eyes.

“Anyway, shall we start?” Ueda brushed Kame’s confused face off and started to pace his way forward, Kame quickly followed suit.

When they had got to a good distance, the two began to slow down for a little chit chat. Ueda decided to open the conversation, “I heard about the tension in the house,” Kame nodded his head and urged Ueda to go on, “and you decide to do nothing about it?” he asked, panting from the jogging session.

“I can’t knock some sense into her,” Kame said, “you know her as much as I know her, I can be swayed but not her,” Kame said hinting and Ueda just grinned.

“So you know, we set you and Jin up,” Ueda caught on.

“I’m an observance person, remember?” Kame said, “but I’m not blindly let myself be swayed without a good reason, but that’s me; Mi-chan is a completely different story,” Kame sighed, he slowed down his jogging and began to walk, it was easier to talk that way. Ueda followed and the two started their discussion.

“So are you happy with Jin now?” Ueda asked warily, Kame turned and frowned at him.

“It’s odd to hear that from you,” Kame stated his thought.

“I do think that being with Jin is good for you, but I never say that I trust the guy completely, he came so unexpected and it’s like a sudden storm, and everything has started to change for a better, I’m not saying that it’s bad, but because it’s a sudden change and everything comes at a fast pace, that is what I’m worried, I’m afraid of the unseen bad news,” Ueda stated his worries.

“I don’t know, I don’t want to think about it,” Kame honestly said.

“Maybe it’s better to let it be for now?” Ueda asked, and Kame nodded.

“You have us, when things turn bad, don’t lock yourself in, let us be there and comfort you,” Ueda sincerely offered and Kame smiled at the brotherly gesture.

By the time Kame returned to the apartment, it was already nine in the morning. Unlocking the apartment door, he could hear giggling voices coming from the kitchen. He hurried to the kitchen to check on the sources, he frowned a little at Yamaa and Yui happily feeding Yam. He coughed lightly at the two, quickly having their attention.

“Morning, Kazu-niichan~ how was your morning exercise?” Yui asked excitedly at Kame. Yamaa only nodded in acknowledging the other man’s presence.

“It was good,” Kame replied with a chuckle at the girl’s cheerfulness.

“I think Ko-chan was looking for you,” Yui informed thoughtfully.

“This early in the morning?” Kame asked surprised at the sudden event. Yui just shrugged and then returned to feed Yam with Yamaa. Kame watched the two interacting with each other, as much as he tried to tell himself that it was Mi-chan’s fault for the change of heart in Yamaa, but he understood that the pain was too great to forget and this incoming pain would only destroy her in a near future.

“Is Midori still asleep?” Kame tried to bring the girl into the two’s consciousness.

“She left early this morning,” Yui answered as she remembered being woke up by the noises created by Mi-chan in the morning. “I think she said something about Nana being a fool and someone named Rei being a blockhead,” Yui tried to recall her memories from early that morning.

“Must be work,” Kame nodded his head and then left to his shared room with Jin. However, he didn’t see the older man when he entered the room. Only a post-it note was left by the nightstand table. He picked it up and read with a sweet smile.

-Pi is a lazy pig, so I’ve come to work in his place. Missed you this morning~ see you back at home~
XOXO don’t miss me too much; I’ll call~ *CHU*

 Kame put away the note and pulled out his clothes and headed off to the bathroom for a refresh shower in the morning. It was always good to have a shower after a good exercise. He didn’t know how long he took in the shower, by the time he got out with a newly changed of clothing. He was scared to death by Koki who was right in his face the moment he opened the door.

“What …… ?” Kame cursed incoherently.

“Are you a girl or what? Taking forever  in a shower!” Koki impatiently said.

“You’ve a problem with it?” Kame countered back, didn’t like to be yell due to taking his sweet time in the shower. Hygiene is important for human beings.

“Uh…whatever,” Koki rolled his eyes and then continued, “Junno is going to have lunch with us today,” Koki informed and Kame frowned. It was rare to have Junno request to have lunch with them. He loved the older boy with all of his heart but it was strange to see Junno take one step away from his girlfriend, with the exception of work.

“What happened?” Kame asked the first thing comes to his mind.

“Some problem with his girlfriend; he wanted to talk to us about it,” Koki gave further explanation and Kame accepted it.

“So I guess grocery shopping then, we don’t have the ingredients for his favorite food in the house. Food helps to light up a sadden heart,” Kame grinned and Koki just stared at him weirdly.

“You mean to say getting fat is the best solution for a sadden heart,” Koki chuckled and dodged Kame’s playful punch.

“When’s he comes over?” Kame walked to Jin’s room to pick up his wallet and everything that is needed for the grocery shopping trip.

“Like around 12:30,” Koki replied and Kame nodded.

“I’ll be back around eleven and prepare lunch for everyone,” Kame replied quickly and passed by the kitchen, he poked his head in and asked the other two in the room, “will you join us for lunch?” Kame asked and the two just shook their heads.

“We have plan for lunch,” Yamaa smiled a reply and Kame was hesitated on his next move.

“Oh…ok…” Kame walked out of the apartment with many things on his mind. He was really worried about Mi-chan now. Things between Yamaa and Yui had been going well, which only led to one conclusion and he didn’t seem to like this outcome so far.

It was by coincidence that he met up with Maru at their frequented grocery store; Kame felt it was odd to see Maru doing shopping on a Thursday; but then Maru told him that he was trying out different day of the week to see which day is the less crowded.

“If you’re here, who is watching the restaurant?” Kame asked, picking up a basket of organic carrots.

“Junno,” Maru replied, Kame nodded, picking up a bag of potatoes.

“Heard he has a problem with his girlfriend, do you think it’s safe to leave the restaurant in his care?” Kame wondered, knowing the airhead Taguchi is, the slightly older man would likely moping around the place than working.

“What problem?” Maru asked, showing obviousness but then he quickly held off on his next word, “ah…that…” Maru tried to cover, “yea…I think he’ll be fine,” Maru grinned, luckily Kame didn’t look at him when he slipped. The younger man was too busy picking out which brand of ground beef to use for his cooking.

Maru asked Kame to accompany him to the outdoor market for fresh ingredients for the restaurant, even if the younger man was reluctant, Maru didn’t take no for an answer. Kame was being dragged unwillingly on a long trip around the outdoor market. He constantly checked his wrist watch to make sure he would be back in time for lunch, before Koki hunted him down.

Kame felt the throbbing pain creeping up his legs when he had finally reached the apartment. He felt like in heaven the minute he touched the entrance door. He was surprised that the door was left unlocked, he frowned and entered. He quickly made his way to the kitchen, at the same time searching around the area for any souls. He jumped up at the sight of Mi-chan standing proudly in the kitchen.

“You’re scared me!” Kame shouted at the younger girl. “Why didn’t you lock the door?”

“Sorry,” Mi-chan said apologetically, “I just remembered that I forgot to feed Yam but I guess his other owner did,” the girl leaned on the counter and glanced at Kame’s hands full of bags. “Why so many?”

“Junno is coming for lunch,” Kame replied, placing the bags onto the counter.

“I see,” Mi-chan just nodded, grabbing her purse and jumping off the stool. “I’ll be going back to the cabaret,” the girl said, “remember to come to work later,” she turned around to inform him.

“I thought it’s my day off,” Kame said frowning.

“Two of the bartenders took today off, so we are short hand,” Mi-chan replied, “I expect you to be reported to work at 8pm sharp,” she smirked at him. Kame felt like throwing a rag at her.

Lunch with Junno was hell; Kame believed it was one of his stupid agreements ever. The taller man kept on blabbering about his girlfriend, not to mention the man was close to tear when his girlfriend threatened to break up with him. Not that Kame would love to stay and witnessed this drama but he just had no other choice. However, he had to thanks Taguchi for reminding him about phone call. Kame fished out his phone to check for any missed calls or text messages from Jin, but there was none. He was expecting it, because the older man had promised to call him.

“Kame,” Koki called the younger man, seeing that Kame had seemed to space out. Kame turned to look at Koki, still unfazed.

“…”

“Are you ok?” Taguchi asked this time around, worrying about his younger friend.

“Yea,” Kame nodded his head, beaming a smile at the two.

Koki and Taguchi shared a glance and then checked the time with their phones. Taguchi abruptly stood up, took the plate to put it in the sink.

“I have to go back now, talk to you later, thanks for lunch, Kame-chan,” Taguchi said gratefully.

“It’s no big deal, hope things turn for a better between you and your girlfriend,” Kame said waving his hand.

“Thanks,” Taguchi said and left. Kame turned back to his food, didn’t forget to check the phone in the progress.

“Waiting for Jin’s call,” Koki asked wiggling his brows.

“None of your business,” Kame narrowed his eyes at Koki.

“’kay…don’t go all y on me,” Koki retorted back, taking the last bite of his food before putting it in the sink.

Kame heaved out a sigh, cleaning the dinner table and proceeding to wash the dishes. He jolted up from the sudden hug from the back.

“Kazu-niichan,”

Kame smiled sweetly at the cute voice and a pair of arms circling his waist, he patted this wet palm on the girl’s hand, and asked, “How was your time with YamaPi?”

“It was nice,” Yui replied with a smile. She then moved to Kame’s side and helped the older boy to dry the dishes.

“Thank you,” Kame said, appreciating Yui’s help. The girl smiled in respond. Once they had finished washing dishes, Kame took out two glasses from the cabinet and poured orange juice into them. He handed one glass to Yui, the girl took it with a content smile.

“You seem to love hanging out with YamaPi lately,” Kame stated his thought, watching the girl’s every reaction.

“It’s fun to hang out with Tomo-chan,” Yui answered innocently, “he showed me around Tokyo, better than my own cousin,” she said with a playful narrowed eye.

“Yea, he is a lazy bum, alright,” Kame nodded agreeing, the spiked hair man tended to choose an easy way out on anything, unless he had no way out of it.

“I’m happy that you found your other half,” Yui said sincerely, feeling happy for her favorite nii-chan. Kame smiled shyly and sipped slowly on his orange juice to hide his blushed cheeks.

“Do you like anyone as of now?” Kame tried to focus back on his original topic. Yui gave the question a thought before speaking.

“I think I do,” she grinned widely, in which Kame felt uncomfortable with the reply. 

“Ah…do I know this person?” Kame tried to pry onto the topic; Yui held out her index finger and placed it on her lips.

“It’s…a Secret.” She said, a playful grin adorning her bright feature.

“Secrecy~” Kame played along.

“If you want to know, you have to work for it,” Yui said smirking. Kame raised his brows at the girl, wondering what price he had to pay for a secret.

Kame had soon come to regret his decision. The price he had to pay was not big yet it was exhausting. Yui had asked him to go window shopping with her, and Harajuku was not a small place, not to mention the girl also dragged him along to Shibuya, luckily the girl skipped Ginza or he would kill himself before their window shopping ended.

When the phone in his pocket rang loudly, Kame hurriedly fished it out full with hope, but it turned into a frown when it was just Yamaa’s number. He picked it up and answered the call.

“Are you with Yui-chan?” Yamaa asked first thing. Kame annoyingly wanted to end the call but he decided to be polite.

“Yea? Why?” he asked back.

“Ah, I have something to show her, can you tell her that?” Yamaa requested.

“Why don’t you call her?” Kame questioned.

“She left her phone back at the apartment,” Yamaa replied obviously.

“Oh,” Kame replied guiltily.

“Anyway, I have to go now, see you later,” Yamaa hung up, which left Kame puzzled. He wondered how Yamaa knew that Yui was with him. But then he retorted to wild guessing. After the call was ended, Kame checked his phone again but there was no missed call or text message coming from Jin. He began to feel paranoid and slightly annoyed at the older man.

His anxiety was getting the best of him during the window shopping trip with Yui, he didn’t pay much attention to whatever it is that Yui was blabbering on about. He constantly checked his phone very minute for any news from Jin but there was none.

“Kazu-niichan, hurry!” Yui called from a few steps ahead, waving her hand to gesture for Kame to hurry up. Kame shook his head and mouthed an ‘ok ok, I’m coming.’

The minute Kame’s phone vibrated loudly on top of their table in the café, Kame quickly picked up the call in hope it was Jin.

 “Where are you?” Mi-chan shouted from the other line.

“Shibuya, why?” Kame asked, feeling uneasy at Mi-chan’s angry voice.

“Did you forget that you are to turn in for work today?” Mi-chan screamed into the phone that Kame had to hold the device away from his ear.

“Holy ,” Kame looked back at his phone screen, feeling cold sweat running down his spine, it was almost 8pm and he was still in Shibuya!

“Glad that you remember,” Mi-chan said sarcastically, “Get here now!” the line went dead and Kame couldn’t stop himself from cussing.

“What’s wrong?” Yui said innocently, tilting her head to the side.

“I have to come in for work,” Kame answered quickly, “can you go back by yourself?” he asked, doubting the possibility.

“Uh…” Yui’s expression turned scared at the sound of riding the train by herself. Seeing the girl’s discomfort, Kame quickly decided for her.

“Come with me,” he took the lead, heading towards the train station. It was fortunate that they were in Shibuya which was only two stations away from Roppongi.

Kame stood rooted on his spot, mouth gaping open, eyes widely opened, and lips curving slowly into a smile. He was taken by a huge wave of surprise by the sight in front of him. The cabaret was filled with colorful balloons, messy confetti, and birthday song bouncing off the wall at his entrance. Everyone had a birthday cone hat on and noise makers in hand, grinning at him widely. A loud “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” and big wide banners of “HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY” and “お誕生日おめでとう” were being hung from the ceiling.

Kame was speechless and could only choke out a chuckle at the clapping and noise makers in the room. While he was still in the midst of his surprise, Jin came into his field of vision and engulfed him in a warm embrace.

“Happy Birthday, sweetheart; I’m sorry for not calling today,” Jin whispered in Kame’s ear, having the younger man grinning in happiness and mouthing a soft ‘it’s ok’ and ‘thank you’ in return.

Jin then released his boyfriend, letting the other have a chance hugging and congratulating the birthday man on this special day. Mi-chan was next in line to tackle him, almost knocking Kame on the floor.

“I’m sorry for yelling at you,” Mi-chan apologized, it had been an unspoken rule between the two cousins that no yelling and shouting on this special day.

“And here I thought you were in a bad mood,” Kame brought his cousin into a tight hug, her hair to reassure her.

“Well I was,” Mi-chan said lowly, “but it’s not important now, it’s your special night,” the girl replied with a smile and Kame nodded knowingly. Kame looked over to the rest of the crew where Koki, Taguchi, Maru and Ueda were standing, he smiled widely at them, but then his smile turned into a frown.

“Wait!” he held up his hand to stop the four from tackling him, “I WAS TRICKED?!” Kame shrieked at his realization.

“He’s slow,” Maru deadpanned and dodged a death glare coming his way.

“How dare you—“Kame turned to Jin, who looked away innocently.

“I want it to be a surprise for you,” Jin answered for the rest. Kame turned to Jin with dagger glare.

“By wearing me out, my legs are going to give up on me tomorrow,” Kame pouted at Jin and the older man just laughed.

“I’ll give you a good massage to make up for my ignorant acts today,” Jin said cheekily.

“A really good one?” Kame’s eyes lit up at the sound of the offer.

“Yup! A REALLY GOOD one,” Jin emphasized the words and Kame immediately jumped on Jin in happiness.

“yay for massage,” Kame said childishly.

“Am I the only one thinking that it’s a very ual innuendo?” Maru turned to Ueda and Ryo, who shrugged in respond.

“I believe that is very suggestive,” Taguchi replied Maru’s words.

“Uh…should we stop them or should we leave?” Koki asked, watching as Kame and Jin are now lost in their own world, lips locking breathlessly.

“We can’t have a party without the main lead,” Mi-chan replied and Yui nodded along.

“Let’s break them!” Yui clapped her hands together and the rest nodded evilly. The six of them rushed towards the busy kissing couple and pulled them apart.

“Mou~what are you guys doing?” Kame complained at the sudden attack.

“We need to sing you the birthday song,” Koki reasoned, dragging Kame towards the cake.

“I can hear you just fine, now let me go back to making out with my boyfriend,” Kame tried to struggle out of the pulling.

“We need you to accept the cake, I worked hard on it!” Maru reasoned this time.

“It’s already mine from the beginning, and I don’t eat cake, you can have it; now let me go back to my boyfriend,” Kame whined.

“You need to blow the candle,” Ueda retorted, “and that requires your mouth away from your boyfriend’s mouth,” Ueda shamelessly deadpanned. Kame was reluctantly letting himself being pulled to the cake and followed the birthday’s ritual.

Kame plopped down on the sofa in the cabaret’s office, resting his legs on Jin’s laps and letting the older man massaging his legs. He gave out satisfied moans each time Jin pressed on the right places.

“Oh GROSS! I’m still here, you two!” Mi-chan threw a napkin at the couple, Kame chuckled loudly at the girl’s outburst and made louder moan just to annoy his cousin.

“feeling better?” Jin asked, gently pressing down on the tensed muscles.

“Ummm…feel good,” Kame smiled contently, closing his eyes to enjoy the sensation.

“Oh my innocent ears,” Mi-chan dreaded at her misfortune.

“You’re the least innocent person that I’ve known,” Kame retorted, throwing a pillow at the girl, who sat at the office desk across from the sofa. Mi-chan caught the pillow in time, and stuck out her tongue at her cousin.

“Such a weak throw,” she teased, but a second pillow had perfectly landed her square on her head.

“Just perfect,” Kame said with satisfaction.

“Damn it!” Mi-chan pouted at her loss.

“Aww poor Mi-chan,” Kame said jokingly. Mi-chan pretended to not hear him and turned back to the paperwork on her desk.

Kame chuckled at the childish behavior, turning his attention back to Jin. The older man leaned down and pecked lightly on Kame’s lips.

“Happy Birthday,” Jin said the phrase the second time that night.

“Thank you for this surprise, even though it caused me great pain,” Kame pouted, leaning up to capture Jin’s lips into a deeper kiss. The two lovebirds nibbling and giggling between their kisses completely ignored the third person in the room, but Mi-chan didn’t seem to care much. However, deep inside, she wished it was her and Yamaa in that scenario. Watching the lovebirds for a couple more seconds, Mi-chan had made up her mind about her relationship with Yamaa.