Their Different Lives

Fabulous
chapter three.
There are people who get what they want, and those who don't.
Yongjoo
I still don't want to go to school. I mean, I hate studying. Not that I'm an airhead. In fact, I'm one of the smartest students in our school, that is if Math is not included. I get straight As in most of the subjects and I have two AP classes. This school year, I think I'll take three AP classes if I can.
"I said no. You can't have a sleepover, especially if school is starting this Monday." My mom firmly said on Thursday while we're eating lunch in 'ici même', a French restaurant in our— I mean my grandfather's mall.
I glared at her as she continue to eat. She leaves me no choice but to do this.
"YongJoo, your eyes," she warns but I didn't budge. I held my breath instead amd continued to glare. "Stop this. What are you doing?"
Omo. I need to breath. I can feel my lungs burning. No. Stay strong, Shin YongJoo. Make Umma agree.
"Breath YongJoo." She faked a calm voice, gritting her teeth. Why is she making this hard? All I want is her to let me have a sleepover in the guest house. I promised the girls that I will have a party for them before the school year starts.
Oh. By the way, Sooyeon is not only my best friend. I have three others actually and I almost have everything from them.
There is Woo Eunjung, the smarty pants and potential leader. She is the bossiest and most competitive among us. Maybe that's why she's the president of the class, and most of the clubs, and secretary of school council even though she's an upcoming tenth grader.
I also got an artist, Yoon Wonhee. All of us can sing and dance (That is why we're enrolled in a performing arts high school) but Wonhee is really gifted in music and she can draw very well. To sum it all up, she has a very artistic mind.
Last one is Hong JiEun, the nerd one. People are wondering why she's in my posse. If you would look at her for the first time, she's not pretty and attractive. She wears glasses, braces, size eight, and frizzy hair. But, I love this girl. She has a y side in despite of her geekiness. I've known her since child because her family is one of the shareholders in my family's company. We've been classmates since pre-school until first sem of seventh grade, and you wouldn't believe it. She was pretty back then, but she's shy and doesn't have enough confidence to show her beauty off. She started to wear eyeglasses since sixth grade and I just thought it looks cute on her. But, I think puberty hit her early because during summer before seventh grade, she had braces and her beautiful curly locks are gone.
I love them for being so loyal to me. They still look up to me as the leader of our posse, even though I moved into a different school in Gyeonggi-do after the first semester of seventh grade. We meet every weekend when I go home in Seoul.
Anyway, I really want to make it up to my friends for not hanging out with them too much over the spring for some reasons; a.) We had, like, three oversea trips b.) When I'm available, they are not c.) Eunjung, Sooyeon, and I kinda had a fight d.) I'm grounded from my stunt before middle school graduation. So, yeah.
Umma slammed the table that made the water goblet spilled its liquid over our table. "Breath."
I just glared, not bothering to move and breath. I can die here.
Eunjoo
Hyu~ I feel so alone. Window shopping. If only YeEun lives nearby. It's not that she's my only friend. I have a lot of friends. From different groups. But my favorite group of friends is where YeEun belong. We are seven in the group. I think I have everything from them. From jock to a student council officer, etc.
That includes Ban YeEun, my best friend since seventh grade. She's like my twin sister.
Moon Cheonsa, my second favorite girl. Don't be deceived by her name, she is the iest in the group. Cho Hana, I really don't know how to describe her nicely. I used to hate her when I learned that my crush likes her despite of her not-so-good looks. But when we became classmates last year, we became best friends.
Ahn Seulgi is like the "mom" of our group. We call her "Seulgi unnie". She's so kind, well-mannered, responsible and thinks maturely that's why is the vice-president of the student council from my past school. That's why when we have problems, she knows what to do.
No MiYeon, the artist and player. She plays volleyball and I forgot-the-other. Before our group was made, we weren't that close. The group made us bond. We call her "Mimi". Just because.
Ya Jimin. She was also my classmate during seventh grade, with YeEun and Cheonsa. Also in my same group of friends that school year. She's kind but frank. Really frank.
Those are my best friends. I have two others but right now, we aren't talking.
YongJoo
"Fine. You can have your sleepover," she grits her teeth. See? She allowed me to have a sleepover in the end. But, I'm not really happy. Later when we get home, I'm sure she'll hurt me.
Giving her a satisfied grin, she scowled at me. Uh-oh. Ugh. Where the hell is Sooyeon?
You know the shopping I've been planning to last week? Umma made me go, for two conditions. I'm going with JiEun (She doesn't care if Sooyeon is with me, as long as JiEun will come); and I will tour our guests from China next weekend. Those are no problem with me.
My mom and I had a silent atmosphere for a few minutes. She was busy texting, while I pretend that I'm texting, too.
After she got off her phone, she just said, "JiEun is waiting at Prada." She paid the bill and stood up, carrying her oversized LV purse while I follow her up to the front of the restaurant.
"What about Sooyeon? I'm still waiting for her," I complained. Not that I don't want to be alone with JiEun. I'm just afraid that we'll fight if I pick on her fashion sense and insist her to allow me to change her style. Jieun's main reason is: "I might look stupid." She'd be a potential queenka if she only had that confidence.
"Sooyeon knows the way there for Pete's sake," she said in English, irritated. If my mom starts to speak English, I should start to behave because we'll never know what she will do. "Now, go."
"Yes, Ma'am," I replied, giving her a salute. I'll never understand my relationship with her. Sometimes, it will be a mother-daughter relationship, but most of the times? It's more like a boss-intern relationship.
I found JiEun, already scanning in the shoe racks of Miu-Miu, that is just beside Prada. What am I going to do with this girl? She's wearing a long skirt, with the length below the knee, brown lace-ups, and sweater. Hyu~ Didn't her parents teach her how to dress well? Especially if you're going to shop in a first-class mall.
"Yoongie!" She yelled and waved her hands at me. Gosh. That is so embarrassing. All the sales clerk inside the boutique looked at me.
I smiled back and walked towards her. I like the feeling of being more confident when I'm with her. No offense, though. "Hey, ," I said as soon as I got near her.
"Hi." She gave me a strained smile. Whoa. What happened to her energy a while ago? She quietly got a pair of shoes and showed it to me.
"Wow. That will definitely look good on you." I happily gave the colored slingbacks a thumbs up. Did she already read the Teen Vogue, Elle, Ceci, and Seventeen magazines that I gave her?
"Ani. It's not for me," she shook her head gently and smiled softly. See? She's a sweetheart, not to mention that she has the looks. But, if it's not for her, then to whom? She doesn't have any siblings. "I picked it out for you."
"JiEun, JiEun." I patted her frizzy hair tied in a half-ponytail. I want to yank this from side to side if she weren't one of my besties. Ugh.
EunJoo
As I enter the Haute Couture level of The Privé, I kept myself from smiling while the air of luxury brushed against me. I love the smell of retail. If I'd be a millionaire, this will be my first location of shopping spree. If there'd be a zombie apocalypse, I'd be locking myself in this mall and I'd probably stay on this floor.
I passed the designer boutiques one by one. Michael Kors. Victoria's Secret Gucci. Marc Jacobs. Bebe. BCBG Max Azria. D&G. Calvin Klein. Chanel. Dior. Prada. Miu-miu. Hold on. Is that–Shin YongJoo! Look how happy she is. Buying whatever she wants. She is so rich while all I can do is fantasize myself wearing those designers. Aish. Going in this part is a mistake. It just reminds me of my mistake years ago. This mall should be ours . Someday, Shin YongJoo will be on my place and I will be in hers.
YongJoo
"Hey, you guys!" Somebody giggled. Sooyeon, clad in a high-waisted shorts and Louboutin pumps.
"What's up?" She tossed her hair her side, imitating my signature move. What is she trying to point out? Ignore what she did, YongJoo.
While Sooyeon was looking around, I didn't waste any time and paid the Miu-Miu heels for JiEun, so she will surely wear this. She doesn't want to waste the hundred thousand won-worth slingbacks that I just bought for her, does she?
After Miu-Miu, we went to Hanna's, one of my local favorites. An heiress like me— Wow! I like the sound of that— just don't wear international designers. Korea has also great clothes.
JiEun hates the atmosphere there because it was too y and inappropriate. Aish! Are kissing scenes already a for her?
"I think I'm going to stay outside," she said in a discreet voice. But before she can step away I grabbed her wrist and pulled her inside.
"Yoongie," Sooyeon called out with a utterly beautiful sundress in her hand. Ugh. I should have gotten that dress instead of pulling JiEun instead.
"It makes your skin color dull," I lied, examining my perfectly manicured, with Deborah Lippmann Amazing Grace, fingernails. I want that dress so bad. I have the perfect lace-ups to partnered with.
"Really?" SooYeon's beam is now replaced by a frown. "Well, I don't actually like it, but hey. It looks good on you. Try it."
That's why I love her.
 
AUTHOR NOTE : 7/11/2015 - No y scenes as of now, but soon...