The Princess

Fabulous
chapter one.
“Beauty comes naturally, but it's hard to be stunning by accident.”
 
"What?" I yelled over the blaring party music that seems to be making the people on the dance floor deaf. I forgot his name. He looks like Infinite's L. Does he go to our school?
"I said, will you go out with me?" He yelled back, moving his head closer to mine.
I stared at his eyes for three seconds, waiting for something to happen, and sipped a little on the cocktail glass I was holding. I touched the fine shape of his face, from his jaw to his cheeks. I was about to get a taste of his soft-looking lips when.
"Yongjoo!" Aish! Not this time. Why does this always has to happen? Even in movies, this is a cliché.
I swiveled my chair to the direction where the girl, who called me, is at. "SooYeon-ah," I smiled. I haven't seen my friends since I've arrived in this party because of this cute guy ogling me.
"Wow. You finally wore that mini dress! I knew it will be trés chic on you. You're so fabulous!" She gushed and admired my outfit. Who doesn't? Besides, look at what she is wearing. I mean, it's good. The sparkling micromini skirt gives her long legs a complement but she should not have worn her glitzing sneakers.
"I know." I tossed my hair over my shoulders, feeling proud.
"I've seen your brother here, by the way," she whispered.
My smile immediately faded. I felt my blood rushing out of my face, feeling my cheeks cold. "Jinjja?" Omonah. No way. This is my first party in this week. I can't be grounded. They can't ground me if I'm already grounded. My mouth lets out questions rapidly, "Did he see you? Is he looking for me? What did you say?"
"He didn't see me, of course. I don't think he is looking for you because he is enjoying the party as well."
I sighed in relief. Relax. He is enjoying a party and that is very rare. But, I should still be aware. I might see him near the bar or the lounging area.
"Who's that cute guy behind you?" Sooyeon suddenly asked. I almost forgot.
I looked behind me and smiled. "See you." And winked. I dragged Sooyeon with me, pretending that I'm not actually getting away from the guy. Aish! It's so embarrassing. I'm about to get a guy. When was the last time I interacted with a guy at my age?
"Yongjoo!" Some guy called. "Wanna dance?"
"Later, hon." I faked a smile and continued walking. Why am I so popular?
"Hi Yongjoo!" Someone I don't know greeted.
"There's Shin Yongjoo." I heard whispers about me and how I looked good tonight. That's better.
"Yoongie, you'll never believe it." Sooyeon excitedly said, blocking me before I step on the stairs. I don't really care about what she is going to say but, she is my friend. "Hyesung asked me out. He did a while ago. While we were talking when I was waiting for you."
"That's great, dear." I smiled sweetly. Lucky her. She already got a boyfriend. But, who says I want one too? I still don't want to date. He might be a hinder to my school standings. Besides, I'm too pretty and good for anyone. I'm too fabulous to settle.
As we arrived on the night club-looking second floor of Jihyun sunbaenim's house, I notice a large crowd, mostly girls, near the balcony. That's why no one came to praise my ensemble. I was about to ask Sooyeon what is going on when I saw my brother sitting near them. Why did I even go here? "Where are you—"
"He might see me." I panicked. Aish. Andwae! I'm good at this. Maybe I can stay a little in here. I just have to stay alert and be aware in case my brother is already five meters away from me.
On my way out, going to the pool, somebody, a girl, approached me."Hey, Yongjoo. Shinwoo is your brother, right?" Oh no. "Can I—"
"I'm not Yongjoo, and you never saw me." I beamed and walked away. Am I that popular? People notices me easily.
Now, I felt someone's arm around my waist. "Yongjoo." It's Youngjun, a child of one of our shareholders. I heard that he is one of the hotties in my school but I don't want him. I think he's more conceited than I am, but he's the guy who likes charities. He's too kind, like a saint.
"Hey, babe." I managed to smile even if I'm really nervous. I want these girls around us to be jealous but I want to get rid of this pest. Gosh. Why is his face burying on my neck. Is he just smelling me or kissing my neck? I'm regretting this for calling him 'babe'.
"Youngjun." I removed his face on me as soon as possible. I hate being tickled. We're not really together. We don't have any relationships. Okay. We are flirting. But, he flirts with anyone and so do I. I just don't know why he's like this every time we're together in somewhere dark. Gross, right?
"What's wrong?" He put his hands on my waist and looked at me like I'm his girlfriend. I hate these kind of people.
"Could you get me a drink?" I winked and smiled sweetly to him while twirling his hair.
"Sure thing." He smirked and leaned in to kiss my cheek. Even though I don't care with these things, it makes my heart pound. But, seriously though. I don't have a thing for him. He whispered, "Be right back."
When he is out of the sight, I strutted towards the exit, making it casual by smiling at the people who greeted me. As soon as I got out of the house, I ran fast, despite the 4-inch heels I am wearing. I tripped slightly and dropped my things. After I picked up my things, tied my hair in a high ponytail, hailed a cab and got down at the corner of the street ahead my house. I lean against the wall of our neighbor and peeked my head if there is someone outside the house. Clear. I quickly run towards our gate and ducked where the CCTV can't see me. I entered the pass code rapidly and hid behind the bush near the path towards our main door.
Hearing my heart pounding so hard, I let myself catch my breath for ten seconds. I saw the two of our securities running toward me. Oh no. This is it. They will finally homeschool me. I wait for the guards to get me but it seems like they are not rushing to get me. They are going to open the gate because my parents have arrived. I have less than a minute to change and remove my makeup.
As the two guys struggled to open the gate, I run to the back door while I duck. I removed my heels as I enter the hall outside our kitchen and used the staircase nearby, which is I hate because it's really dark.
I quickly opened a random novel and placed it on my desk beside my notebook and inserted a pen inside, as if I am reading and writing. I disheveled the bedsheets like I've been on and off it.
After making the room look like I've been here the whole time, I went to the walk-in closet to change into a tank top and shorts and threw my heels and dress somewhere in the closet doors. I went to the bathroom to remove my make up and fix my hair.
My eye makeup. Please. Don't defy me. Go away. What is taking you so long to go away? I tilted my head upwards to hold the makeup remover as I tie my hair into a bun so they won't noticed that I curled my hair. My eye makeup is still there. Ugh~ Nevermind. I can make an excuse.
So there goes my mom, knocking on the door. How did I know? The way the maids and the other people knock on my door is one knock each beat while my mom's ranges from four to five knocks per beat. Appa got the way he knocks from a song while Dongwoo shouts before he knocks. Before I open the door, I got different makeups from my dresser and opened them all.
"Yes?" I asked while I hold the makeup remover on my right eye. Relax. Don't panic.
"What are you doing?" She looked at me like I've eaten a worm. Gosh. Who am I kidding? My mom is one of the people I've known that is smart. Yes. I really think that my mom is a genius.
"Oh. I was just trying the makeups you bought me from Japan. I haven't opened it until now," I casually said while pointing the door leading to the closet.
"What's with the earrings and—" Shoot! Why didn't I remove it? Babo-yah. She stopped. She must have figured out. I'm going to come clean. "Why are you wearing that necklace?"
The billion won diamond necklace that my rich grandfather gave me. It's a family heirloom that was passed from my great-great-grandmother who used to co-own a big part of Gangnam-gu. Stupid. Why am I so stupid?
"I let you keep that..." Blah! Blah! Blah! I don't care what she is saying as long as she does not know that I've been from a party. I told her that I was just checking if the jewelries look good in that style. She bought it, somehow. It's really hard to lie to your mom, especially if you've only done this below five times. I tried my best to stay two meters away from her so she will not smell the strong perfume I wore.
I breathed deeply in relief as soon as my mother got out of my room. I had nothing to do since school doesn't start until next week, especially that I am grounded.
This . I want to go shopping tomorrow. Not with Sooyeon because she might ask if her boyfie might come along. I don't want to hurt her feelings if I say no. I really am going to say no. I don't want to be a third wheel, either. Besides, my dad might see me in the mall since it's the last Saturday of the month and they are going to inspect the mall.
Okay. I decided that I will just get sushi and ice cream cake. Oh. And, I will call Sooyeon and to come over. Am I so random?
"Where have you been?" A guy growled as he storm in my room with his two sidekicks.. Who else would it be? My annoying brother and his friends. I wonder where the other one is. GongChan is my only friend in my brother's "clique". Baro also counts but we're not in good terms, right now for some reasons.
"I've been here all the time, duh." I said in a matter-of-fact. "Where else would I be?"
"Liar. I've checked in here a while ago."
"I told you she wasn't in the party," Sunwoo whispered to them, but I still heard it. I just pretended that I didn't hear anything.
"Why didn't you look inside my closet?" I grinned. He hates going in my bedroom suite, especially in my closet because the smell of my mixed perfumes makes him puke. Before he can argue with me, I added, "How about you? Mom is looking for you."
"Well, we went to our practice room." He said as his eyes wander off my room. Liar. He turned to his friends. "Right, kids?"
"Yeah. Rehearsals. We, uhmm, practiced." Junghwan smiled uneasily. I have a feeling he's like that not because he's lying, but because of his confession to me this summer. Last month. I'm uncomfortable, too. Not because I liked him back. I rejected him. It's really disgusting because one of your annoying brother's annoying friends like me. It's like spitting on where you eat.
"Really? Because that's not what your eyes are telling me." I teased. You're dead Shin Dong Woo. "Baro, what did I hear a while ago? I wasn't in the party? What party?"
"It's 'oppa'. Call him 'oppa'." Dongwoo demanded. He is always like that. "Call me 'oppa'. Call him that. I'm older than you." Blah! Blah! Blah! Bullcraps. I'm older than Baro, moron. "So what if we did go to a party? I'm old enough for that. And I am not like you who is grounded."
"Whoa." I mocked so he won't see how I'm bothered right now. I'm so irritated with his face that I want to throw a book to him. I just don't want to feel like a loser in front of him. "Hyung, you're fighting with a kid? How mature!" Baro laughed. Or should I say, faked a laugh. I just knew.
Ugh. Why am I wasting my precious-like-diamond time with these morons? I'm going to eat.
I stood up and drove them away my room. Gross. They smell like, I dunno, teenagers? While going down the stairs, I saw GongChan and a guy talking to him. Who is that? I can only see his back. When Gongcham sees me, I immediately turned away and hurried, pretending that I'm not interested knowing the guy. Who was that anyway?
AUTHOR NOTE : So, this is Yongjoo.