The Ill-favored One

Fabulous
chapter two.
“People who believe they have bad luck create bad luck.”
 
Don't curse. Don't curse. ! this mothering life. . . I cried loudly as I felt the stinging pain at my legs and hands where my father had hit me. He beat me up again. I know that I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't do anything wrong.
"You think—" I covered my ears so I won't hear his voice.
I'm so tired of everything. I don't want to die yet so I haven't tried ending it all. My scissors. My drawer where I keep my scissors is really far from me. I feel too tired and hurt to walk and get my scissors. I want to cut myself again.
"Ouch." I whispered to myself as I felt my left hand stinging. I hope my bruises will disappear quickly. I wish I could disappear quickly.
I just remembered. There's a party at a senior's house right now. For the incoming freshmen. Our dad won't let me. Not that I already asked. I wouldn't bother. I already knew his answer.
After I stopped crying, I tied my already-frizzy-hair-from-pulling into a ponytail without brushing it. I walked out of the room, pretended that I didn't hear what my parents are bickering, got the money and get out to buy the ing bread they asked me buy.
The thing is, I hate going out. I hate the idea of going out. Maybe this is a sign of depression. Last year, when I first tried cutting my wrist, I looked up for the sign of depression. Feeling lazy, moving too slow, gaining of weight are some of the symptoms. Ani. It's bipolar disorder. I've been moody and according to some sites, depression and quickly changing of moods are some of the symptoms. Well, these are all my parents' fault. They always beat me. They said that they were just disciplining us. They didn't know that it's already affecting my mind.
"Aish!" Someone yelled I heard cluttering sounds that made me hide by the junction of the streets. It was a girl in an unbelievably stunning BCBG Max Azria mini, I could recognize it from the site and I've been dreaming of owning one, and a pair of fabulously sparkling heels. I adjusted my eyeglasses and saw Shin YongJoo's grimacing in contempt face while picking up her things. She gathered her hair together for a high ponytail and began scurrying. She's back, huh. I thought if you go to a boarding school, you'll be a saint. Lucky her. She can go to any parties, she can get whatever she wants, she can destroy anyone she wants.
My phone! Omo. I'm so stupid. I fished my phone out of my pocket and filmed her but the street is too dark and her she was on her back. Aish! I almost got her busted. There's nothing satisfying more than getting Shin Yongjoo in trouble. Not that I actually hate her.
I don't hate her. Well, I do clearly not envy her. Why would I? Okay. I'm not actually ugly. I have a cute baby face (According to some people). My nose is not pugged nor flat. My eyes are really pretty and I have double eyelids. My cheeks are firm and my cheekbones are a bit defined when I smile. I have dimples, enhancing my cute face (According to some people). I'm not ugly— nor pretty.
Arasseo. I am ugly. My face is darker compare to my other parts. I have two hideous small beauty marks on my face: one under my right nostril and one on my right eye. I wear braces to correct my overbite and I wear glasses. I have thick thighs. I have a fat stomach but my body makes an S-line, okay? My flaws? Don't even get me started.
Yah, I'm not that hideous. I still have friends. There are people who are uglier than me. There are guys who like me (Currently, there are four people who confessed)— not that I'm bragging. And, my attitude is nicer compared to that Shin YongJoo-.
I came back at the five-story apartment after my trip to the bakery and got in without uttering a word. It's so hard being the eldest child in the house— our older brother is in college and decided to live away from us. Maybe, he was tired of seeing my parents too.
"Noona!" Minhyuk, my twin brother, called while his eyes are on the PC screen.
"Don't call me 'noona'!" I yelled and went back to my bed. I hate being called noona, especially when you're just four minutes younger. Especially when you're the better twin.
"Arasseo, ahjussi. Ahjussi, come here." He laughed. "Yah! Harabeoji! Halmeoni! Ahjumma! Hyung. Eunjoo, hyung!"
I stood up and pushed him off the computer chair. He fell to the ground and tackled me down. I kicked him but he dodge it and was about to punch me when Umma came in and yelled, "If you don't stop that, I'll chop your limbs off!"
I glared at my twin and looked back at my growling mom and saw my sister. behind her, sticking her tongue out. She told on us.
"He was calling me names!" I reasoned out, pointing Minhyuk.
"She pushed me." He pointed me. "She's on one of her abnormal disorders again."
"You're my twin so you have those same disorders." I mumbled.
I just hate the idea of Minhyuk being the better twin. His skin tone is even. He is good-looking. He has perfect teeth. His body proportion is just right. Girls chase him. He is talented, compare to me. His voice is capable of making the girls swoon.
Maybe Umma got him the wrong twin sister in the hospital.
"I saw Shin YongJoo a while ago." I muttered while Minhyuk was about to sleep. He sat back up within a second and looked at me. The thing is, my twin felt opposite about Shin YongJoo. He worships her. Practically.
"Jinjja?" He excitedly asked.
"Kidding." I satisfyingly smiled, seeing his elated face distorted into a scowl. I lie down and stared at the ceiling.
"Miwo." I heard my twin.
"I really saw her. She looked like she came from Jihyun sunbae's party."
"Aish. I should have just sneaked out." He snapped his fingers.
"I?" I gaped at him in disbelief. "You think you're the only one who wants to go there?"
"You'll go there?" He snorted. "And what? Sit in a corner and wait for me to go home?"
"F—" I almost swore. Well, he's right. I hate socializing. That is because I am ugly. When I have money for plastic surgery, that's the only time I can be confident with everything.
AUTHOR NOTE : Lee Eunjoo. Who is she? And, remember Minhyuk in My Bad Girl?