aftermath

THE EARTHS FLAME

jjong's POV:

Bang!

There was a blinding flash of light and everything had went black. from what i recall i heard some one call my name. it sounded like Jinki, warm worried and full of care. I let myself believe that as I drifted away only to ripped out of serenity and into a nightmare called reality.

"come on jonghyun breathe!" some one shouted shattering my safety, my enclosure of piece. I wanted to stay here i wanted to be safe.

"for sake jjong don't die on us!" screamed another voice louder then the first. my body was searing in pain suddenly.

   "don't forget me."I heard a familiar voice in my head.

   "i could never forget "i whispered.

My eyes opened and i shot up from the pain, the shock, the emotional hurt that I carried for 1,095 days and burst in full fledged flames. i began to breathe raggedly and hard and realised the voices I heard earlier were actually people I had known. taemin sat in front of me as my flames my body while lay and kai were on opposite sides of me on the floor. they must've at on point been holding me down. taemin looked me in the eyes.

its been a long time since I've seen him. his hair was short and black instead of the red long hair he used to have and he looked older in his eyes like he had seen things no one else had. he looked at me with the look the one that spoke thing's that are needed to be heard but shouldn't be said.

"I know." he said calmly, I could ask what did he know but I know exactly what he meant.

the flames against my skin faded away. I laid back down and closed my eyes, dealing with the pain that had grown around my surprisingly still beating heart.

 I awoke with someone curled up next to me. the room was dark and unfamiliar but I felt safe, at least for now.

   "Chen" I murmured softly. he looked absolutely bone tired and kinda cute, he reminded me of-

  "jjong your finally awake." he said bolting up and looking around.

"you've been in and out of it for four days." he said relief coming off him in waves. he suddenly looked at me before saying.

"can I check you're wounds?" he asked softly. I gave him a nod. he scooted over to me and lifted up my shirt. I shivered from the sudden contact.

   "sorry" he looked at me apologetically.

  "no its ok keep going." I said to reassure him its ok. he pressed against the wound causing me to breathe heavily.

   "Even though lay healed it its still taking longer then usual to close. i think the bullet was laced with something." Chen checked if i was bleeding still before putting my shirt back down.

  " it was 3inches from the heart jjong, that's not luck, that's a warning." Chen said suddenly cutting through the silence  

   "Chen where are we? and how do you know about lay and how did I get shot?" the questions blurted out my mouth. Chen looked at me with tired eyes.

   "have you slept during these four days Chen?" I suddenly asked he looked up nervously.

   "well... see...I.. umm... I was worried and I didn't know if you were going to wake up so, I couldn't sleep much-" I suddenly cut him off by pushing him down on the bed.

   "sleep." i said no room for arguments. he plopped on the bed but grabbed my wrist as I turned to walk away.

  "you'll still be here when I wake up right?" he asked looking me in the eyes.

all I saw back was Jinki. I missed Jinki so much.

" I'm not going anywhere."

 

I walked out the door and found that I was in a small house, well it was cozy not so small not so big. I walked towards the living room. as I got closer I could hear voices. when I entered the room it only took a moment before everything stopped and all heads turned to me.

"your awake." tae said smiling at me before getting up and pulling me into a hug.

"its been a long time tae." I said ruffling his hair.

 "sure has." he finished. as he let go I was attacked by about five other bodies. chanyoel, Kris, baekhyun, kai, and for some reason Mr. siwon were all hugging me.

 "its good you're not dead." Kris said earning a slap from baekhyun.

"we really missed you jjong." chanyoel said

" i thought i lost you jonghyun don't you dare do that to me again" kai finished. I was finally released and i heard the noise of a door opening. i turned to the noise a froze.

"its..its been a while hasnt it jjong"

key breathed out he dropped the bags he were holding on the floor. he had grown a lot in three years. his hair was now light brown and styled perfectly as expected from the Almighty key, but he looked so different then from how he used too. he looked a hell of a lot stronger, his eyes held a strength and frailness to them.

"i didnt think i got to you on time." he said his voice shaking

"how did you know?" i asked.

   "he came for me, almost killed me but he killed woohyung my overseer my protector. he took the bullet for me." he covered his mouth wanting to scream, tears cascaded down his face. i walked over and wrapped him in my arms.

  "thank you key... i really missed you."

   "same here dino" key said through tears making me chuckle suddenly i felt a bunch of people latch on to me and key.

   "GROUP HUG!!!" taemin screamed and everyone laughed. I had missed this. my friends, my family. I didn't feel so cold anymore.

  "kai used his light power to save you, he blinded Jinki after Jinki shot you and managed to get to Chen and Chen knew lay from a long time ago they are quite close. he knew lay was a mutant and that he could heal people, so Chen drove him here and was at your side for the whole four days. I had to force him to eat." key finished taking a sip of hot chocolate.

  "so Jinki is targeting all of us. why?" I asked

   "jinki's under the serum, his father, Minho's father wants us terminated." taemin answered.

 "why is still unknown." Kris answered.

  "jjong jinki is not Jinki he's been manipulated into this person named onew. he has planted thoughts, serious psychotic tendencies. he's not the man you once loved." siwon said my mouth felt dry and tasted sour. I looked around and found there was someone missing.

 "where is Minho?" I asked the whole room fell silent. the silence was so sharp it could cut out my tongue. all eyes fell on key who looked like he worked a great deal of strength to pull himself together keys eyes clouded over and he fell dazed. he looked hollow and beyond hurt. he reminded me of me when I had lost Jinki

  "I called key weeks ago because I felt something was wrong with in our government. I poked around some heads accidentally and found there was a bug, a spy who had collected all of your data all of your whereabouts and I had realised the government was far from capable from protecting you." siwon said fiddling with his fingers.

"I got the mutant government to terminate your contracts, allow you to use your powers and call each other, but in keys case I was already a step behind. I informed key where everyone was and while he was busy getting here I had found taemin. everyone ended up getting here around the same time but Minho is a whole other case entirely." siwon stopped going, hesitant for some reason, making me frustrated.

"where the did they take Minho!" I yelled aggravated.

"the asylum." key said bluntly, no trace of emotions in his voice or face.

"they took him to the asylum because the serum clogged his brain. he had only one dose and no cure. you are either repeatedly given a dose or you have to take the cure, otherwise..." key trailed off but lay who seemed to appear out of nowhere finished.

"it eats up the brain, taking things like rational thought and memory. it would give him sudden rage attacks or sudden terrorizing thoughts. but if we can get to him I could with, siwon and taemin's help, heal him, if his brain hasn't been completely tarnished." lay finished calmly.

I looked around slowly taking everyone in. everyone looked tired, yet determined. key missed Minho I could tell, he fiddled with the chain Minho bought him subconsciously like I did when I missed Jinki. they were giving me a choice. I didn't have to rescue Minho with them but I knew it would mean a lot to them if I did and I realised at that moment that key was going to see Minho again.

"let's go get Minho.

 

onews POV:

he looked at me with so much love it was sickening. I wanted to bash in his head, watch that pretty white hair tainted with blood. I wanted to watch all that love and life slowly fade out his pretty eyes. I waited silently for my father to come to his office, I needed to be told the next step, to update him on the progress. I was going to kill him you know. if it hadn't been ordered I wasn't to I would've finished him like my other targets. 1,095 days 1,095 bodies I've gathered. it was easy really, no guilty what so ever my kittens only absolute fun.

"onew I see you did what I asked affectively." he asked knowing the answer was yes.

" what's next appa." I asked bored out of my mind. he sat at his desk quietly as he thought things through carefully.

"kill the one with the cat eyes, the one that got away." he said after a moment.

"ah the almighty key." I said standing up and leaving.

"its going to be fun killing that sly fox, the only target that I ever missed. I entered my room of weapons and various trinkets. I had a very promising collection of eyes.

"1,095 pair of eyes that only see me." I laughed.

"don't worry kitten I'll place your eyes right next to woohyung." I smiled

god I love this job.

 

Authors note: I am so sorry an update took so long. Trying to work with a different style is hard lol. Well anyway here is chapter 2 I don't know when chapter three will be put up but hopefully it won't take that long. So what do you think of evil onew? Just let me know your thoughts comments and criticism is appreciated 

    Bye :3