Chapter 3: June 12 & 13

No Future Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Kris woke up when he felt a small hand on his cheek. He opened his eyes to see his daughter lying between him and a sleeping Nana. “How did you get here?”

“Mama” the little girl answered.

Nana had woken up when she heard her daughter enter her room. Being tired from waking up in the middle of the night when Kris arrived she wanted more sleep. That is why she picked her up and laid her on the bed between her and Kris hoping she would fall back to sleep.

Kris gave the little girl a bunch of kisses all over her face making her giggle and squirm. “Baba” she whined trying to stop him.

Kris’ smile grew as he heard her giggles and felt her small hands against him. He really did love his daughter, how couldn’t he? His daughter wasn’t an accident. She wasn’t planned either. He loved Nana and Nana loved him. Everything went naturally in their relationship and when she found out she was pregnant she told Kris without hesitation.

At that time Kris had just debuted in Exo. He was always busy with activities and events but still made time to go back to China and take care of her.

May appeared beside the bed startling Kris a bit. “You’re still here” he stated as he sat up in bed with his daughter sitting on his lap.

“I have to keep trying to change this cutie’s life” May lightly squished the little girl’s cheeks. As she did this May got a weird feeling inside her and jumped back.

“What’s wrong with you?”

May’s brow furrowed as she herself tried to figure it all out. “N-nothing…” She had never felt anything like that before. Being an angel now there was no way she can feel pain but the shock she received when touching Kris’ daughter.

She shook off the feeling and remembered what she had wanted to say. “This is the first time I see you with your daughter. It’s also the first time I see you in your own home for more than a few seconds.”

“Well today I don’t have an early schedule but I do have something to do in a few hours.”

As Nana began to wake up she heard Kris talking to himself and thought that was strange. “Why are you talking to yourself Kris?”

Kris then turned to face her not knowing what to say he just sat there with an open mouth. “I’m just thinking out loud.”

Nana looked at her daughter that was in Kris’ arms falling asleep. “If you need to get going you can give her to me” she reached over for her daughter and Kris hesitantly gave her over.

“I guess I should go get ready.” He got out of bed and went out into the hall making sure to close the bedroom door. “Why can’t Nana see you?”

May shrugged, “I guess because I’m helping you she can’t know or it won’t work.”

“I don’t need help so why don’t you just go back to heaven.” Kris walked to a hallway closet and took out some clothes to change into.

“You may think that but only because you haven’t seen what happens in your future or the future of your family.”

Kris ignored her as he stepped into the bathroom to get ready. When he was done he stepped out ready to go.

May starred at him as he looked himself in the mirror before putting on his shoes. “You should be more concerned with the way your life is looking not your face.”

“Little girl I don’t have time for this.”

May rolled her eyes, “of course you don’t.”

Nana then walked out of the bedroom dressed in a tight black pencil skirt, white blouse, and black blazer. Kris starred at her as he noticed she had applied make-up. This was the first time he had seen her with make-up since their daughter was born. “Are you going somewhere?”

“Oh yeah” Nana smiled realizing this was the first time he was seeing her like this “I forgot you haven’t seen me like this. This is what I usually wear to work.”

“Work” Kris asked. He had no idea she was working.

Nana’s smile disappeared. “I told you weeks ago that my friend offered me a job in the marketing department of his business.”

Kris didn’t recall anything. “But what about Baobei?”

Just then there was a knock on the door.

Kris opened the door surprised to see a young girl.

“Good morning Mr. Wu” she bowed to him before going inside and greeting Nana with a smile. “Good morning Nana. Is Baobei in her room?”

Nana shook her head, “she’s in mine. I’m sorry for making you stay longer tonight but I’ll try to get back as fast as I can.”

The girl waved her hand “no don’t worry. Baobei is no trouble at all. She is so well behaved I feel like I don’t do much for you Nana.”

“Thanks Ri Ri” after the babysitter left the room Nana proceeded to explain to him. “I don’t work every day. My boss knows I have a daughter and only makes me go into the office three to four times a wekk. Ri Ri watches Baobei for me here at the house.  I told you about this a long time ago.” It was getting late and Nana was getting frustrated. “I know you don’t listen to me all the time but at least listen when it comes to your da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter