Chapter 2: June 11

No Future Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day May went to the apartment where Nana was already awake cutting fruit for her daughter to eat for breakfast. While she waited the little girl walked around the kitchen and her mother keeping her company.

“Baobei let’s eat” Nana set the plate of fruits on the table then picked up her daughter and placed her in her seat. “What do you want first?”

“Banana” the little girl enthusiastically answered then opened to receive a piece of banana from Nana.

Nana too ate a piece and smiled exaggeratedly for the little girl. “It’s super good!”

“Super good” the little girl repeated before standing on the chair and reaching for her next piece of fruit on her own.

Nana watched her as she picked up a slimy piece of kiwi that fell out of her hand and back on the plate. The little girl tried picking it up once more but again it fell causing her to glare at it. This time she scooped it up making it rest in the palm of her hand and opened wide to eat.

Nana giggled seeing her daughter conquer her struggles brought joy to her heart. “What fruit is that Baobei?”

“Wii” she answered.

Nana shook her head from side to side making her guess again. “Iwi” she tried again.

“It’s Kiwi” Nana told her.

“Kiwi” the little girl repeated. She didn’t want to forget it again.

May smiled at the sight of the mother and daughter bonding. She patted the little girl’s back “I will make sure you get the future you deserve Baobei.”

***

When May got to Kris’s hotel room that morning she saw he was already walking out with his bag. “Good morning” she smiled at him offering him a friendly hello. “How did you sleep?”

Kris ignored her as he walked past her with sunglasses on. “How can anyone sleep after all that?”

“Then have you reflected on your life?” she made sure to walk fast and keep up with him as he made his way out of the hotel.

“I have nothing to reflect on. I am doing the best I can to become a good actor.”

May sighed; she could see all he ever thought about was himself. “I mean about your family.”

“My family is fine. They are both healthy and I always make sure to give Nana money.”

“Money isn’t everything you know. I’m sure Nana would prefer to have you at home spending time with her and your daughter than you simply giving her money.”

Kris got in his car and started driving even with May by his side. “I’m a celebrity; things aren’t so simple for me. Now stop asking questions. I don’t have time for this.” He got out of the car. “I need to film and can’t be seen with anyone so do me a favor and disap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter