Chapter 1: June 10

No Future Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May looked around at the unfamiliar yet familiar place. She had been dead for almost a year already and it took her that much time to earn her wings. She had grown accustomed to Limbo for that year and now she had already felt heaven was her home. The bright, fluffy, warm place welcomed everyone to stay the rest of eternity there but she first had a mission.

It was strange really, she was only an angel for a few days when she first met God and had the courage to ask something of him.  It was unheard of for someone a child to do that yet here she was back on Earth.

When someone dies they are first taken to Limbo. There all memories are intact. People can hear and see their loved ones suffering on Earth as they mourn their loss. The prayers they receive ease their hearts and let them become welcomed into the gates of heaven. To get past the gates is entirely on one’s self. Everyone becomes helpers to a cause they were once connected with or something the Archangels think they will be suited for.

For May it so happened she was chosen by Archangel Naarai, the archangel of children. Being a child herself who suffered had Naarai looking to her for help in protecting other children.

Once at the gates of heaven everyone loses their memories and dedicates their entire being on helping the Archangels to earn their own wings and pass the gates of heaven to rest in eternal peace.

As she worked alongside Naarai May came across many different situations where she would see suffering children and help them. Not all could be helped; it was God’s will… May knew that and would only pray for the child to grow strong and conquer the moment.

Although it was like this there was one case that stuck out to her the most, one that brought out an intense pain in her chest when she couldn’t help the child. It was her very last one before getting her wings. It was fresh in her mind when she crossed into heaven and that’s how she got to where she is now.

She looked down at the watch on her right wrist and furrowed her brow as she saw the date. “June 10, when he said a week he wasn’t kidding.” She rolled her white gown’s sleeve down to cover the watch. “I remember the cloud said it was June 17 when that fight happened.”

May walked around the empty apartment looking at the different pictures on the walls and awards that were displayed on shelves let her know she really was at the right place. “This guy really is an actor isn’t he?”

She jumped as she heard the front door keypad beeping. “Angelus Defluo” she whispered to herself. These words instantly made her invisible to human eyes while still remaining in the same spot.

As soon as she vanished the door opened to reveal a beautiful young woman panting out of breath as she struggled to keep the door open while she pushed in a stroller. “We’re home” the girl called out lightly before taking a small girl out from the stroller.

The little girl was fast asleep with her dark hair covering her face. “Did my little girl get tired from running errands with Mama?” The young woman gave multiple small kisses to the little girl before carrying her away to another room.

May curiously followed behind them and came into a pink room filled with various toys. The room looked more like a toy store than a bedroom.

The young woman placed the sleeping girl in a small bed and smiled as she moved stray strands of hair from the small face. “Baobei you know Mama is tired too. Will you sleep long enough for me to take a nap too?”

“I’m home” a male voice brought May’s attention away from the sweet moment as well as the woman. May followed her as she walked out of the room and back to the living room where now a man was standing. “Kris you’re back” she wrapped her arms around his waist as she laid her head on his chest.

Kris only patted her back before pulling her away. “I only came to change and get some clothes.”

“You’re leaving again? I thought you didn’t have any recordings the rest of the week.”

May could see the disappointment in the woman’s eyes.

“I’m sorry Nana but I was suddenly asked to be a special host for a show and couldn’t pass up the opportunity.” He took out a duffel bag from the closet and began stuffing some clothes inside it. “My acting is captivating everyone. Soon I’ll be one of the best a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter