Winter

봄날 (How great is your love)

I always waited for a love that resembles the sky given to me.

On the day where the stars twinkle,

I walk to the melody of the birds.

Your seasons that go round and round, repeating like a secret

In that unchanging love, my eyes are blinded.

7:48pm, December 10 2009, Winter.

 

Winter, as it had always been, is everyone’s favorite time of the year. Everyone in Seoul ran around and even ice skated around the place. Some even sang joyful Christmas carols and some danced along the merry tunes. Some just chilled down coffee shops and held onto small cups of coffee and hot chocolate for that relaxing warmth.

 

Taeyeon sat down the cold grass, waiting for him to come. He had told her 7:00 sharp, but where was he now? He’s already 48 minutes late for goodness’ sake.

 

“Hey, JummaTaeng.” Taeyeon blinked a couple times before turning herself towards the man’s voice. One thing was for sure, that charming voice rang a bell in Taeyeon’s head and she was certain of who owned it. The man coolly sat down beside her as she glared at him furiously. Taeyeon then gave him a few hard punches on his shoulder while continuously shouting: “Jerk!”

 

The man twisted a bit and grabbed both Taeyeon’s punching hands. They both stared at each for a while before Taeyeon sighed and spoke up, “Niga mibda.” The man released her hands and he sneered at the angry Taeyeon. “Dork.” The man started, “Just a while ago you were so mad. How can you be so taeyeon now just after seconds of getting angry?” He tried to make her laugh, or at least smile.

 

The (lame) pun was that Taeyeon’s name actually meant calm. But Taeyeon did not even react one bit. She continued to glare with seriousness at the man beside her. The man felt a bit frightened, and at the same time worried. “Okay, okay, I’m sorry. Please smile now, ne?” He cutely pleaded, pinching her soft cheeks while looking at her with big round puppy eyes. “Psh.” Taeyeon shook his hands off her cheeks and she gave off a loud and deep exhale.

 

The two stayed in awkward silence that all they could hear was the soft whispering of the wind into their ears. As it was getting colder every minute, Taeyeon pulled her knees to herself and she hugged them while resting her chin on top of her kneecaps. “Yah, Jang Wooyoung.” She called for the man sitting beside her, and he immediately turned to her attention.

 

“What?” He asked. “Tsk. Could you be any more disrespectful?” She nagged while glaring at him. “What did I do now?!” He responded back with a higher tone. “See that? You’re raising your voice on me.” Taeyeon reasoned out. “What- I didn’t-” Wooyoung sighed. He decided to shut his mouth up than to speak and eventually get dumbfounded again by Taeyeon.

 

Just then, a little boy happened to walk by in front of them, crying. Taeyeon felt pity and walked towards the boy. Wooyoung stopped and followed as well. “Excuse me, why are you crying?” Taeyeon crouched down the level of the boy’s height. “I lost my umma~” The little boy sobbed with both his hands wiping his tears.

 

Taeyeon took a short glance at Wooyoung and turned back at the boy, giggling. “You lost your mom, or you’re the one who’s lost?” The little boy seemed to ponder for a bit. “I don’t know! Why is this noona giving me hard questions?!” The lost boy scratched his head from confusion. “Okay, sorry, how about this, you tell me your name then this noona and this hyung right here will help you find your umma, is that alright?” Taeyeon told him and luckily the little boy understood.

 

“I’m (sniff) L-Leo.” Taeyeon then smiled and introduced herself. “I’m Taeyeon.” She shook the boy’s hand. “But you can call me Taeyeon-noona.” As soon as Taeyeon had released the boy’s hand, Wooyoung started with his introduction. “Hello! I’m Wooyoung-hyung.” He beamed at the little boy. “I’m this noona’s boyfriend.” Wooyoung pertained to Taeyeon who gave him unpleasant scowls. “But noona doesn’t look like she likes you, Wooyoung-hyung,” commented Leo who had noticed Taeyeon’s bad facial expression. Taeyeon turned to Wooyoung and she giggled mischievously at him. “Anyways, let’s just go and look for your mom now, shall we?” Taeyeon told Leo and Leo cutely nodded.

 

Leo held onto Taeyeon’s hand which gave her quite a shock at first. “Is it okay for Leo to hold noona’s hand? I just don’t want to lose noona too.” Taeyeon smiled at the boy’s words and she held on back onto Leo’s hand. Wooyoung was behind them and he had heard everything. He pictured the two of them as his wife and son; a small simple family, soon after when he and Taeyeon gets married.

 

“Minyoung-ah! Somebody help us!” A man in the age of thirties was screaming hopelessly for help. In his arms was his wife, Minyoung, who had just suffered a heart attack. His tears fell endlessly and he cried for help insanely. “Minyoung-ah! Minyoung-ah!” He softly tapped his wife’s face, hoping that she would wake up. “Minyoung-ah! Help us please!” The man persisted on but the woman remained lifeless in his arms.

 

Taeyeon, Wooyoung, and Leo were walking along that street at that time too. Taeyeon had firstly planned to ignore the commotion and continue walking on until Leo suddenly tugged onto Taeyeon’s shirt harshly. Taeyeon got startled and when she looked at the boy, she saw him burst into innocent tears while screaming the woman’s name. “N-Noona! That’s m-m-my umma! T-That’s my Minyoung-umma!” Leo’s eyes had turned bloodshot as he continued to shed sorrowful tears.

 

“It can’t be...” Taeyeon murmured while looking at the pitiful scene of Leo running to his father and embracing him with his small baby arms. Droplets of tears fell down Taeyeon’s cheeks as she fell to her knees, feeling sorry for Leo and his dad. Wooyoung tried raising her back onto her feet but Taeyeon did not budge. He hugged her instead and Taeyeon cried her eyes out into Wooyoung’s chest. Wooyoung was in the verge of tears too but he knew he needed to be strong for her.

 

Just when Taeyeon finally calmed herself down, her vision turned somehow peculiar. Everything looked just like in the movies; everything was slowed down, everything was blurry even when she tried looking at her love’s face. She could barely hear too, like someone had just inserted ear plugs into her ears.

 

Wooyoung noticed how Taeyeon was acting strangely. Why was she sweating that hard when it was freezing cold right now? Why was she looking at him that way? He grabbed her face and tried communicating with her, calling her name and hoping she would answer him back. “Taeyeon? Taeyeon-ah? Taeyeon-ah?” Taeyeon felt Wooyoung’s warm touch against her face but she could hardly see nor hear him. There was only one thing that Taeyeon could hear clearly at that time, and that was the loud pounding sound coming from inside of her. It was her heart. “W-Wooyoung-ah...” She tried speaking but something was making it hard for her to breathe.

 

Thump. Thump.

 

Taeyeon respired as much as she could and she clutched onto her chest as a sharp throbbing pain began to take place.

 

Thump... Thump...

 

Her eyelids turned heavy and they were closing by themselves.

 

Thump...

 

Taeyeon had no more energy left of her and she out.

 


A/N: This is most probably the longest chapter among the six. =)) Hahaha. Sorry for the grammatical errors. ;__; Thank you for all the comments and subscriptions! Have a nice day. =D 빠잉~