Valentine's Day

봄날 (How great is your love)

As the months passed by Taeyeon’s condition had gotten worse and worse and she was dying little by little every second. Admittedly, she continuously cried about this for weeks, and every night she would ask God why He gave her such fate. But being the strong Taeyeon she was, she finally was able to accept and learn to live every single day left in her life to the fullest. 

 

6:01pm, February 14 2010, Winter.

 

It was Valentine’s Day today. Wooyoung was walking down the hospital hallway, whistling to some happy tunes while holding a bouquet of red roses he would be giving to his girlfriend. He had also brought his favorite camera with him as he wanted this Valentine’s Day to be remembered with beautiful and memorable photos of him and his princess. “Room 217- 218- Ah! 219.” Wooyoung stopped just in front of Taeyeon’s room. He primped himself up, checked his breath, flicked the dust off of his shirt and then continued walking in. “Taeyeonie~” He called her adorably.

 

Wooyoung froze and dropped everything he was holding when he saw the sight in front of him. Taeyeon laid motionlessly down the ground beside her hospital bed. Wooyoung panicked as he ran towards her, carried her and placed her back on the bed. He started yelling and calling on doctors and nurses around the hospital.

 

Wooyoung sat down on a chair right outside Taeyeon’s room and he tried calming himself down. He couldn’t stop shaking. The sight of Taeyeon lying stock-still on the ground just couldn’t get out of his head. He decided to call both his and Taeyeon’s parents and told them what had happened. Just 30 minutes later, the 4 concerned parents arrived. Both moms sat down while both dads stood and paced back and forth hoping that Taeyeon was alright.

 

An hour and half had passed and finally the doctor came out Taeyeon’s room. Wooyoung immediately examined his expression and hoped that nothing wrong happened to Taeyeon. “Are you all Ms. Kim’s relatives?” asked the doctor to the five. All of them nodded and Taeyeon’s mom immediately asked: “What happened to my daughter, sir?”

 

The doctor looked miserable and he sighed deeply before answering: “I’m very sorry to say this but Ms. Kim’s heart failures had been increasing rapidly and this is the first time I’ve seen this disease advance to that level in just 2 months since the last seizure. It seems that she had already had this heart disease years ago but this is the only time that it had reached its worst.

 

Her heart is becoming weaker by the day and her time in this world just keeps getting fewer and fewer. Unless we find someone who would willingly perform a transplant, I’ll just have to say you must make her last 30 days of living really memorable.” The doctor bowed and excused himself out before Taeyeon’s mom bursted crying.

 

Wooyoung strode away. His parents’ called him and asked him where he was going, but he ignored. He walked and walked until he reached the hospital parking lot. He would punch the concrete and would even kick any object that was on his way. He screamed Taeyeon’s name for the last time before he sat down the cold floor, groaning from the pain of his massively bleeding fists.

 

1:31am, February 15 2010, Winter.

 

Ear-hurting silence filled the room as Wooyoung sat down beside the sleeping Taeyeon. Wooyoung held onto her hand and he kissed it with much love. “How can you sleep so calmly like that when all of us are worried about you?” He talked to the soundly sleeping Taeyeon. “Are you that tired that you’re always sleeping? Don’t you know how much I’ve prepared for this Valentine’s Day? How much I’ve prepared for you? Do you not want to see me anymore?

 

He bombarded her with lots of questions, questions he knew he would gain no answer of at this moment. He sobbed throughout the whole night until he fell asleep while still holding Taeyeon’s pale cold hand.

 


A/N: This chapter took me quite long to update. =)) But at least it's finally here! Though I think I have lots of errors. D: I'm in a slight hurry~ I have two quizzes tomorrow and I did not review yet! >-< UGH.

 

Don't forget to vote for GIRLS' GENERATION (BEST FEMALE GROUP; BEST DANCE PERFORMANCE - FEMALE GROUP; SONG OF THE YEAR; ARTIST OF THE YEAR) and TAEYEON (BEST OST; SONG OF THE YEAR) on MAMA. Okay thanks.